Kuni

Artist art!

404 posts in this topic

Hey thanks for the vote of confidence Rainbro. I appreciate it. =)

Maybe I should get some pony practice by opening a pony art request thread, aha xp.

Truth be told I'm very critical whenever I draw. I erase ALOT and I have a bad habit of pushing down on the paper really hard so it makes erasing even harder. I also have a hard time with digital art. I don't really get alot of my pictures finished because I never feel it translates well..Might as well throw out an example while I'm at it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/cadientej/Compares.png?t=1314472894

..And why the heck not since I'm at it.~

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2385975/

I do dabble in some animation too. It's been awhile though..because as mentioned earlier, I don't like when it translates over digitally most the time.

*..And since this is an art thread totally cant wait to see you post some! And whoever else decides to take a peek inside. Right now its like my own showcase. D; *

This is what I mean by I cant transfer into pony.

250479_1561943588714_1839064130_961417_1591225_n.jpg

This is my drawing of Jecht from Final Fantasy 10 and I have 4 more in that folder. I might upload the rest of my art soon

248485_1561936868546_1839064130_961403_11403_n.jpg

Another one I have.

Gir and his piggy. I did it in a nostalgia rush before when I was thinking of invader zim in the middle of math class

1 person likes this

It wasn't fuzzy, and I was using a targa. It was just a weird outline on the edge of the square shape of the spray, and it wasn't appearing all the way around the square.

Anyways, the cool idea was to apply a rainbow colored radial gradient to the background instead of making the background transparent. I hope you don't mind.

Edited by Kino

It isn't too impressive to look at right now, but I started on my second photo-realism Illustrator project.

91j7d2.jpg

@ Derpy Hooves

That's really cool! What programs did you use to make that? You said illustrator , so I'm guessing adobe illustrator? I've never used that before

Saw a new post.. Figured what the hell? This time though, I'm gonna mix it up. No ponys with this post. I'm gonna do an Original Character this time.

NewCharacter219-1.jpg?t=1314472894

@ Rainbro

Awesome work with those that adorable little filly~ Same with Rainbow Dash! Something I like each time are the lines you do. The varying widths and cross hatching always makes it seem very expressive.

And if you wanna do some kinda collab let's chat about it! Probably faster to do it via steam

@ Kuni

Nice! The guy the left looks pretty epic with his trenchcoat and giant metal-arm-thing, Especially standing next to Mr. Straightman. What's their story?

Well they're one and the same person. Just different outfits =p

His name's Nikolai Schneider. He lives in a City where theres been an unusual amount of Crimes lately.. Rather unexplainable crimes . He's a Private investigator that's got a pretty good knack for constructing inventions. *Like the super mega Gauntlet he has equipped to take care of unusual hostilities*

Ya'll some pretty good artists. I actually picked up drawing as a free time hobby somewhere about a month ago. No currently I'm not that great but I keep doodling every day if I get the chance to kinda slowly get at it. Even got a tablet now so I can do some doodlin' at my computer when I"m browsing the interwebs.

@Derpy

Thats pretty cool man. I can't ever think of monsters very well, myself! It's been a couple days since you posted up in here. Have you made any progress? :3

I wish. I've been so busy with school, I've only really thrown basic colours on it.

@Rainbro, I absolutely love shading! It's my favorite part of any drawing. To show I have this:

tree2.png

Also, what pencils I used is Faber- Castell Pencil set. Comes with 2H, HB, B, 2B, 4B, and 6B pencils. I use 2H and 6B a lot in my drawings.

1 person likes this

@ Derpy

Aw that's a shame you've been busy. Whenever you finish it, you should totally post the finished product :3

@ Sarge

Whoah there.. I LIKE that! That's something awesomely imaginative! Total Mind trip with that, yo.

Been working on something for a while. It's a ink of some characters from my graphic novel. And small band of mercenaries, to be exact, that spend a fair portion of the story hounding the main characters. They're not exactly villains, but they are adversaries for the protagonists.

mercenaries_by_ambris-d4c0qd4.png

Meet Idunna (center), Enar (left), and Dagur (right).

Inking is hard. But I enjoy doing it anyway. This isn't 100% finished as an ink, but it's close enough. There are a lot of imperfections here and there, especially with varying line widths, and there might be some details that I missed, but so far all the main lines are essentially as they should be. I'll be coloring this too, though I think that may take a while. Iduuna is fortunately half-way colored already at least.

At the moment, I think there is fair bit of visual confusion in how they are clustered together--which means I failed at the inking, as that is supposed to make lines very clear. Still happy with the progress so far.

What do you guys think? I do appreciate any kind of constructive criticism.

Edited by Rainbro Dash

I am the worst thread keeper ever. Totally forgot to check up on here!

@ Johnny Hoof

Nice work you got there! I loved messing around with Cage on MK9~. *He wasn't particularly best in my hands but I learned some nice juggle strings with 'em*

But seriously, Really digging your second picture there! :D Fine job on your digital work! Pinkamena's always makes for creepy as hell pics. No exception here! If you don't mind some critique, some of your lines are a tad big shakey but with practice i'm sure they'll go away! Other than that, I can't really nit pick you. =p *Heck, I have alot of trouble with making my art digital doing proper line work!*

Guess I'll put up some art while Imma at it. Decided to do a little bit of Fan art one day and drew one of my favorite Street FIghters, Makoto!

Makoto223-1.jpg?t=1318994097

I should really go back sometime and fix that left foot of hers.. it's really anatomically effed! I seriously don't know how I goofed, especially since I used a reference..22920.png?t=1318995058

Edited by Kuni

@ Kuni

Thanks I worked really hard on that pic! Yea my lines tend to get a little wobbley, hopefully with practice Ill get better :3

Really dig your drawing man, I dont think Ill ever get as good as some of you ponies XD

Im working on my next drawing, this one will go along with my Johnny Hoof backround/bio I wrote a few days back!

Ill be back! :)

trippy picture

Dude, that's trippy. I like it.

Any plans to color it, or will it remain a pencil drawing?

Sorry Kino, I forgot to respond when I saw this.

I almost NEVER colour anything. I'm a black and white pencil kind of guy.

First off, I've been dying to see this completed. Now that it is..Awesome friggen work Rainbro! :D My proverbial hat is off to you. Those crisp lines, fantastic coloring and..Snap dude, I REALLY like Nightmare Moon's mane! :pixel-sweetie:

Honestly, I can't think of much to improve or add an impact. I would say..maybe add the Mare on the Moon but then again.. Could cause unnecessary clutter and remove some of the meaning behind the text. It's a full bare moon, a clean slate that she so desires, right?

Another thing, take another look at Nightmare moon sitting down. Might wanna try and adjust her leg width. Maybe it's just me but if she were to stand up, Nightmare Moon would have some Killer thighs..*Chun Li would still probably take the cake when it comes to thigh mass but...*

Also dude, if your looking for some references...

http://www.zweifuss.ca/index.htm Click on any character portrait and it'll bring you to their ENTIRE movement list animated. *Or hit sprites and download them there. They'll be individually framed, not animated* Street Fighter III, is an AWESOME learning tool for me. High regarded with some of the best 2-D Sprite animation ~.

Edited by Kuni

So I drew how I felt today, and since I feel freaking horrible because I'm sick.. this picture might not make sense to some people.

I can't even fathom a good explanation for this.

54hzsy.png

And don't worry, I really don't look like that. My neck isn't that thin.

Hope you feel better soon sarge!.. in the meantime we get some more trippy art from you ! :D kinda jelly. Wish i could lpuke rainbows ! D: well guess ill post something real quick . Sorry about the quality gotta make due with what ive got at the moment http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5807/imag0136rs.jpg Nothing too special . Just a character design from a story of mine. But just to letcha know , its supposed to be a girl. Outside of ponies , I can't draw girls too well.. so practice it is ! Been working on some zecora but.. Gah no matter how I draw , she always looks so angry ! I'll post whenever i get more pencil lead.. I'm all out of stuff to draw with !

Edited by Kuni

And don't worry, I really don't look like that. My neck isn't that thin.

As opposed to your eyes which are normally that bugged out? XD Abstract art is my biggest weakness, so I really enjoy your trippy art. A quick question, Sarge: Have you had any art training what-so-ever? Or are you completely self-taught?

But I seriously hope you feel better soon.

@ Kuni

Kuni, you've told me on multiple occasions you can't draw girls. LIES. It's obviously a proficiently drawn girl, so I think you're way too hard on yourself. Good work! And her belt reminds me of Kingdom Hearts >.> Also, if you're out of lead, you should take a stab at drawing with pens. It might help build line confidence. You don't have to commit to it, but it might be fun to try. :)

So, I drew Derpy in class today, but I'm too lazy to reach across the room to my backpack, so I'll upload it later. :3

Edited by Rainbro Dash