Kuni

Artist art!

404 posts in this topic

And don't worry, I really don't look like that. My neck isn't that thin.

As opposed to your eyes which are normally that bugged out? XD Abstract art is my biggest weakness, so I really enjoy your trippy art. A quick question, Sarge: Have you had any art training what-so-ever? Or are you completely self-taught?

But I seriously hope you feel better soon.

@ Kuni

Kuni, you've told me on multiple occasions you can't draw girls. LIES. It's obviously a proficiently drawn girl, so I think you're way too hard on yourself. Good work! And her belt reminds me of Kingdom Hearts >.> Also, if you're out of lead, you should take a stab at drawing with pens. It might help build line confidence. You don't have to commit to it, but it might be fun to try. :)

So, I drew Derpy in class today, but I'm too lazy to reach across the room to my backpack, so I'll upload it later. :3

I have no art training at all. My only progression was through school where I drew the most. Every year I'd get better and better.. and oddly enough weirder and weirder.

I LOVE drawing weird and very unexplainable pictures. I practically dumb my mind onto a page and scan it.... I've just thought of a really funny (comic) type picture I'm going to do.. It will have to do with cotton candy. OH MAN I HAVE TO DRAW THIS.

Mostly the reason why I don't scan most of the time is because I'm too lazy to get up and get it out of my backpack as well xD. So I understand.

Also Kuni, your females are spot on, very well drawn. If I drew a female considering how I draw, her arm would probably be in her face.

As Rainbro previously stated, it does look like Kingdom Hearts. MY GOD were they awesome games? I completely owned with the Ultima Blade on both games.

@ Cinnamon

Hey, those are pretty cool dude! I especially like the griffin you've made especially. =)

Totally whoring up some more art here.. And now, Captain Onz Aku Yobe!

From a gaint mecha RP I'm in with my buds. *While I love ponies, Gaint Mecha overtakes it off and on <3* Still working some kinks out..but I think he's finally starting to come together.Still need to figure out his facial scars. Y'see, early in his military career he got caught in a explosion trying to evacuate non-combantats. Resulted in nigh blindness that's corrected by a visor that he wears.

CaptainOnzAkuYobe.jpg?t=1320102255

Bonus points for anyone that can spot the name reference. :p

Edited by Kuni

@ Sgt. P0N-3

You deserve a medal for that comic, Sarge. I'm not sure what kind of medal, but a medal none the less! I couldn't stop laughing until I was in tears.

@Cinnamon

No need to put the word "art" in quotations when applied to your stuff; There is no doubt that your work is art! I might have you make me one of those sometime. :D

@ Kuni

Badass. I actually really like the coat. It's got a lot of detail and layers to it. I'm sucker for elaborate outfits.

I do have and artsy question for you art beasts out there. Do you think coloring in these inked drawings with colored pencil would look weird? All I'm really good at coloring with is colored pencils (Mostly because I don't know how to color digitally) but Ive lately switched over to outlining with ink because its cleaner and scans much better. So do you think I should go ahead and color away or leave it B&W? :D Thanks for the input

Good work as always, Johnny. The second one just make me go, "D`awwwww. . ." But as for your question--hold on one moment. . .

*Dons very worn art-lecture cap*

The thing about illustration is that it is in ART, not a science (though if you're getting really technical with things like perspective, science can apply). Despite what anyone may tell you, there are no rules in art. So would ink with colored pencils look weird? Possibly. But I think it might largely depend on how you do it. If that's what you like to draw with, then try and find a way to MAKE IT WORK. Don't be afraid to experiment. Try things out and see what sticks to wall, and what doesn't. You might be pleasantly surprised, and you might create a style of illustration that is completely unique and your own.

As for myself. . .I have nothing new to post at the moment. So I'll just post something I did a month or two ago. Just some stuff from my graphic novel. I was establishing a reference for these related characters: the parents, and their daughter (and main character of the story) at the bottom. Facial details are a big deal to me and I wanted to make sure they looked related, but not carbon copies of each other.

sheya__s_parents_by_ambris-d4b5ooj.jpg

Edited by Rainbro Dash
1 person likes this

With so much love for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, I started to draw some fan art

StriderHiryu.jpg?t=1321745206

.and then I found my old Inking Pens!

StriderHiryuInked.jpg?t=1321745208

...and shit I just found my Copic Markers. Gonna see if they're not dry..If they arent, I'm going to try and color Strider Hiryu in!

This is my first time of actually looking at this thread, and I have to say that the artwork in this thread is amazing.

@Johnny Hoof, Rainbro Dash, Kuni and Zelcface

All of you are very good artists and have produced some great pictures in this thread. Keep up the good work!

Sorry lads, but i do not draw too much MLP related stuff. however i became pro taking GMOD screenshots, so without further ado, behold the 47th Lancashire Regiment of Foot, the Wolfe's Own:

linebattle47th.jpg

Also just a little heads up: If Kl0ndike (a dA user) ever has a second year MLP collab, I would strongly urge most of you to be in there.

Sounds like a good idea. Let me know if and when that happens.

Anyways--time for some non-pony art I did last night, featuring a character from my graphic novel.

veni_redesign__sketch__by_ambris-d4ihlfa.png

I was going to work on the next page of the comic, but I was too tired so I just started doodling this character. Then it turned into something more elaborate.

Still just a sketch though.

The words are meant to be enigmatic, and I hope they intrigue people--at the same time, I'm not giving away specific information about this character at this time.

I choose to just hand-write the words as I thought that machine type would look weird next to the relatively messy sketch. If people really think it would look better with actual type, then I might change it.

Edited by Rainbro Dash

well i pulled this off between yesteday and the 1 hour of today.

regimentalsalute.jpg

also, another thing i made months ago, with my old clan:

logo47threg.gif

if only i could have that ^^ as sig

Edited by Pte.Koach

Alright - here's the first batch of Stuff I've done with my tablet.. First one I took a sketch and drew over it like normal..Save this time used my new tablet for the job instead of a mouse.

..OH warning.. These images are LARGE.. Please click to see full size And i'd really appreciate any critique and tips on 'em and Tablet usage in general. *also which one is better what makes it better..blah blah you know how to critique :p*

CaptainonzAkuYobecomparisons.png?t=1325119090

Next I decided to sketch things out without a pre-existing base.

SakiSketchcomparisons.png?t=1325119080

@ Johnny

Digging the new pens for sure! Gives your drawing a much bigger UMPH now!

@Groove

You're in a different League man..Man, No flippin' clue how you're able to do that. D:

@ Zelc

Agreed with above.. Dat Mane is hard to do! Also extremly cute.. can't wait to see it finished!

Edited by Kuni

@Zelc

I love the drawing man! Once again I have to complement you on your coloring skills! Turned out really nice!

@Kuni

Very nicely done with that tablet bro! I'm dreadful with a tablet, yet your making it look easy over there XD. Keep it up man!

MY..EYES.. Stared at the screen way too long and close..anycase newest piece is finished. Main Character from a comic series I wanna do sometime called " Stampede Radius"..Wish I knew how to put in spoiler tags because it turned out pretty large. My first real serious bit with tablet! I wanted to mess with an awkward posture and what not. I might try and do some shading or something later. I'm no good at it but I gotta learn some how or another. Comments, Critiques I encourage both!

SakiPose.png?t=1325650033

Fun factoid. His name is " Osaka Kunio". Name sound familier? Two pronged answer - I took it from River City ransome and Friends learned of this character and liked "Kunio". Started calling me it and sooner or later I'm known as "Kuni". Pardon me, for now I'm gonna go rest these two eyes. x-x

Edited by Kuni
1 person likes this

@Kuni

Badass!

I'm glad to see the tablet is working out for you! Keep up the good work, dude!

Here is a little tip for more advanced inking. Try to make the outlines thicker then all the other lines--it makes the character pop out a little for a dynamic effect. Basically, the shape that makes up the silhouette should have thicker lines. If you're really crazy, things are fore-shortened should have slightly thicker lines too, but trying to do all of that at once effectively is beyond me.

Also, I think his tail should be visible below him, rather than stopping at the leg. Might have been an oversight.

@ Koach I gotta say, looks like you do your research.

I mean, I don't know anything that myself, but your character's uniforms are so wonderfully detailed that I'm quite sure you know your stuff; and I'm impressed with how you ponify the outfits.

Indeed I did some research on the West Riding. A few hours before making this i was playing Napoleon Total War, and for some strange reason i found the British Lights quite good looking. Green facings and neck, red-crimson coat, white standard buttons and shoulders.

After that my clan's colonel gave me the idea. Finally, i looked up on Google for the 51st Re-enactment group and on Deviant art for this picture:

British_Infantry_Uniforms_1810_by_Siman2000.jpg

Then i just added the basic details, straps, shoulders, shako badge, etc.

Edited by Pte.Koach

Somehow not a pony-related image

iaza19696254774700.png

It's a dragon. Well, it's a preview of one. This is the Skyrim poster I'm working on.

upload your pic to the gallery, or to photobucket or something, then copy the 'direct image' link, click on the image box here in the reply toolbar, and paste the link into the provided box.

It has to be a Direct Image Link, though, or it won't show up right.

All of you guys are such fantastic artists. I'm jealous. How do you post the pictures on here? I can't figure it out.

Why thank you. :)

I just upload to my DA gallery, and link directly from there.

Thanks, to both of you :D Just one more question. How do you get the Direct Image Link? I'm doing it through DA. Is that the link you get when you right click and pick copy lmage url? Or is it one of the share options?

@ Riku

Well, what I do is I just go to the page with the image, then right-click on the and choose "View image". This takes you to the URL of just the image itself, without any of the DA stuff. Just copy the URL at the top of screen when you're there, and "link-image" here.

Course, that's Firefox. Other browsers have the same options I'm sure, but don't know the exact process.

Next to the picture on Deviantart is a row of share options (share on twitter, etc) pull down the menu at the end of the row. That will have the direct link in it, under the word Link.