Kuni

Artist art!

404 posts in this topic

Say, might I ask why there aperantly misses some pages/posts from this thread all the sudden? Also I think the description for this subforum should be changed to something along the line of "art and stuff that is not necesarily pony related".

Say, might I ask why there aperantly misses some pages/posts from this thread all the sudden? Also I think the description for this subforum should be changed to something along the line of "art and stuff that is not necesarily pony related".

They are sorting all the pony related content from this post into here: http://forum.ponyvil...t-pony-edition/

Hopefully it will all be worked out soon.

To clear things up, untill the sorting is finished, this thread is now for non-pony arts, and the one linked above is now the thread for pony arts.

Edited by Cinnamon Groove

My entry exam for the BattleGrounds 2 Development Team: Jayarc's Door_Closed textures (model had none):

2012011800002.jpg

Has normals and VMT included.

(I also made this shitty testing map XD. door_closed_test)

Edited by Pte.Koach

No pony art this time. Desperately trying to break out from of my art block. I drew this. It's just a sketch, but I'm really happy with it.

733bb044d710439b02c46ce7f77c7aa7-d4nc6pm.png

Really though, I'm not sure what is up with the outfit. It's not really something that this character would normally wear, but eh, in trying to just actually draw something I just decided to not stress about the costume.

1 person likes this

Awesome work like always Rainbro! The perspective is nice, you should do a lot more different angled drawings.

Perspective is a cool guy like that.

On a random note: I HATE drawing hands. I believe that's what made me draw very abstract and, well as you say -trippy- art all the time. Because hands are a bitch.

Awesome work like always Rainbro! The perspective is nice, you should do a lot more different angled drawings.

Perspective is a cool guy like that.

On a random note: I HATE drawing hands. I believe that's what made me draw very abstract and, well as you say -trippy- art all the time. Because hands are a bitch.

I can only draw hands from a top/bottom angle. If it's from a front angle (as in fingers are in front), I just can't draw them right :/

Thanks guys.

And yes--Drawing hands is HARD.

That's what makes drawing ponies so much fun. NO FINGERS.

Hey Rainbro, I colored/slightly cleaned up the sketch you did for fun/coloring practice. Do you mind if I put it somewhere like imgur and then post it here? Your signature is still on it and everything, I just don't want to put the drawing anywhere you don't want it to be.

Sure thing. Just put the link back to the orignal art on my DA page on where you upload it.

Done and done. I also screwed around with one of the legs. Not sure if what I did improved anything but there you go.

This is a link to my poor neglected deviantart upon which it is posted with the link you requested : http://barghesteldar...llery/#/d4nfn5d

I have no idea if this character has a color palette so I just kind of did something easy and safe.

c3c4e0021bcf327f27a52a06bb542c83-d4nfn5d.png

Edited by Dollop of Mayo

@ Mayo

Squee! That looks pretty awesome.

As for colors, close enough. Obviously she's a fox, but I imagined her with more red tones than orange. Now that I'm looking at it, all I would say is that specifically her hair should be red--the rest I actually like just as is.

Cool stuff.

EDIT: More and more, I like exactly the colors you've chosen. If you could perhaps give me a version with the exact same colors but with red hair, that would be awesome. I want to compare the two side-by-side.

You might have just chosen this character's new official palette for me.

EDIT EDIT: Oh and her eye color. Though they're glowing in your interpretation (which I like), she actually has one blue eye (right) and one green eye (left).

Edited by Rainbro Dash

I CAN'T DECIDE

/twilightsparkle

But thanks Mayo, I really like what you did with my work. :)

So I was thinking about how everybody who likes to draw tends to upload their stuff on the forum, and in retrospect, noticed I hadn't uploaded a thing, I decided to upload the next sketch I happened to do, and, after not being able to sleep, and saying to myself "Hmm, it's only 11:43," I set to do a quick sketch to tire my mind out. Before I knew it, it was 4:35 and I had a drawing in front of me. Well, it wasn't perfect but I said, "BLAH might as well show it to my main ponies." And here it is~ <3 The Character is one "Juno Sar," niece to the main character in a comic I do for fun, working title "The Oar of Charon." If you couldn't guess from the shmexy skin-tight under-suit, it's a Sci-fi story set in the future~

1z1vggg.jpg

Let me know what you think, guys~

-Teh Pinkie Spy

Edit: Yes, I know normal guns don't look like that. This is a LASOR PISTOL. I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT WITH IT! <3

Edited by Pinkie Spy
1 person likes this

Looks nice P. Spy!

I would just say lower the eyebrows, to make her look more angry/serious. I'd also curve the eyebrows downward rather than upward, but that's just personal preference.

And very nice drawing + coloring Rainbro and Dollop! You guys should team up more.

One thing I noticed is fox's have white fur below thier nose. But maybe you didn't want that, I dunno

Edited by OhHaiDare

I CAN'T DECIDE

/twilightsparkle

But thanks Mayo, I really like what you did with my work. :)

Sure thing. It was fun and good practice. I'm finding that I like coloring more than actually drawing the more I learn about it.

@OhHaiDare What's funny about the white fur thing is I designed a character for the thing I will never do that has the white fur under the nose and down the middle of her and I just didn't think about it when coloring this character.

And very nice drawing + coloring Rainbro and Dollop! You guys should team up more.

One thing I noticed is fox's have white fur below thier nose. But maybe you didn't want that, I dunno

Acutally, you're right. That should be part of her design. Man, it's been so long since I've drawn this character. Thanks for the reminder OhHaiDare.