Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RwinnNimrook

Anybody up for a round of MTG over skype?

24 posts in this topic

I know this probably sounds like an odd request, especially since i'm new here. I figured its worth a try. If you're interested, send me a message or something and we'll work something out.

More people on this forum who play Magic?

I am completely okay with this. By any chance, do you have Cockatrice? If so, we can play using that. It's a pretty awesome program.

I have some casual commander decks thrown together and some very poorly constructed constructed decks. Nothing remotely standard. Haven't had a standard deck since slightly after the Alara Block.

I'm not sure how you play on Skype though. I've only ever played online via forum posts, MWS, and Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012, which I really shouldn't count, but I might as well.

i also watched two guys playing via an AIM group chat, but they couldn't seem to keep track of what they were doing very well.

More people on this forum who play Magic?

I am completely okay with this. By any chance, do you have Cockatrice? If so, we can play using that. It's a pretty awesome program.

Aye, Cockatrice is quite easy to learn to use, and it beats having to try to angle your webcam to hit your desk properly.

If there's enough interest, I wouldn't mind setting up a couple games of 2HG, or even just a simple multiman game.

I used to play a lot, but with my recent move I don't have a deck, especially not a legal one. My friend back home built a red Goblin deck in my honor, so once I get that from him, I'll be up for a game.

I love me some Magic, but I've been out of the loop for a long time.

I kinda want to get back into it, but I don't really have the time unfortunately.

I used to play a lot, but with my recent move I don't have a deck, especially not a legal one. My friend back home built a red Goblin deck in my honor, so once I get that from him, I'll be up for a game.

well we dont have to play Standard, since its just casul play we can really use about anything (cause non of my decks are legal either :P)

well we dont have to play Standard, since its just casul play we can really use about anything (cause non of my decks are legal either :P)

Casual or not, all I have with me is a box of commons and uncommons. So unless we use a program like MTG Workstation or Cockatrice, it'll be like Mike Tyson beating up Urkel.

i gonna post some of my decks:

http://www.mtgfanati...e=1&PageSize=25 (Black Vampires)

http://www.mtgfanati...e=1&PageSize=25 (Green Tokens w/ infinite token combo)

http://www.mtgfanati...e=1&PageSize=25 (Treefolk)

I don't know much about Treefolk, but I tend to mix Vamps in with my Goblins. Worked well in the Mirrodin Besieged block. The Vamp deck posted here looks really fun. And token decks that use Akroma's Memorial are just unforgiving little things, aren't they?

Playing on skype usually requires a webcam. That's why I recommend Cockatrice.

http://cockatrice.de/index.php?a=news

It's a really easy to us einterface, and as long as you know the rules it works great.

GIve me a little bit to install and get used to that program and I'll be willing to play you with it. Does it have a chat box as well or would we have to go third party for that?

Playing on skype usually requires a webcam. That's why I recommend Cockatrice.

http://cockatrice.de/index.php?a=news

It's a really easy to us einterface, and as long as you know the rules it works great.

GIve me a little bit to install and get used to that program and I'll be willing to play you with it. Does it have a chat box as well or would we have to go third party for that?

It does have a chat box, though I'd imagine it would be easier to simply hop into the ponyville Ventrilo server, assuming everyone present would be able to use it.

Ventrillo would be really helpful, especially for clearing up anything that's kind of confusing. If anyone wants to try both of them out today, message me on steam.

Steam invite sent; I'm currently going by Oberst Venlo von Airshotten.

Perhaps if anyone else is free later tonight, we could get a game going.

Steam invite sent; I'm currently going by Oberst Venlo von Airshotten.

Perhaps if anyone else is free later tonight, we could get a game going.

I'm in, though I can't say that the Ventrilo interface is looking particularly friendly. Maybe I'm just trying to jump at too much too quickly.

I believe I'm already on your list as well Venlo, I'd be available this evening. Give me a ping on Steam if/when you want to play.