Pinkie Pie™

What is your sexual preference?

99 members have voted

1. 1. What is your sexual preference?

• Straight
    • Gay/Lesbian
    • Bi-sexual
    • Asexual

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

402 posts in this topic

Ok now you can vote on ur choice it is private.

Thought that we could have a serious discussion about this (If I am out of my place the feel free to put me back in there)

so any way if you are open to talk I am here and I am proud to be a Bi-Sexual male so I hope that people will not be offensive in here

Edited by Pinkie Pie

I'm a bisexual, but I prefer women over men, so I may be between "bi" and "straight".

I'm sure no one will take offense to us bis here, most of us are on that stage.

I am surprised we made a own thread for this considering all the talk in all the other threads, but sure why not hehe

As most of you know I am Bi (and a Furry), and I am not sure yet which gender I prefer as it seems to go in waves. Besides I hardly think that is relevant seeing how I enjoy the company of both anyways (even if I have a boyfriend at the moment).

I'm going to be honest here. I'm straight and honestly don't approve of gays or lesbians. But if your going to be serious about it, you shouldn't need my approval. I just think it's wrong. Me working as an intern for an electrician, a plug goes into a socket, not another plug.

Gay.

I'm going to be honest here. I'm straight and honestly don't approve of gays or lesbians. But if your going to be serious about it, you shouldn't need my approval. I just think it's wrong. Me working as an intern for an electrician, a plug goes into a socket, not another plug.

That's fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Edited by Rainbow Dash™

Well that was close... I was expecting a flame back about that comment. I mean it's entirely true, but usually, even on this forum, I've been flamed for saying things like that. It's just my opinion. I don't really know any gays or lesbians, but the bi people I know are perfectly nice, but I just think it's wrong. I kind of dont like it when they try to act like it's normal. If it were normal, the human race would have died out by now. I don't mean to offend anypony, but it's my opinion.

/rant

Just FYI, transgender isn't a sexual preference. You can be a transgendered woman and still be straight, lesbian, or bi. Having once been male doesn't factor in.

I'm straight. I thought about the idea of being bi, but quickly realized that that just isn't me.

Just FYI, transgender isn't a sexual preference. You can be a transgendered woman and still be straight, lesbian, or bi. Having once been male doesn't factor in.

This^^

You probably should remove that option from the poll.

@ Malt Mix

Do you really think that's fair? I mean, you're a furry and a guro--how would you feel if people told you that they didn't approved of that?

@rainbro I wouldnt care. I dont need their approval. I made that statement in my first post. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. As long as it doesnt devolve to arguing, id gladly explain why I was interested if they asked. What they think is there own business. If you want to make it known like I did, then it shouldn't affect people. Notice I just said I disapprove. I never used any terms like hate, or even dislike. I don't approve of it. Its that simple.

@ Malt Mix

Do you really think that's fair? I mean, you're a furry and a guro--how would you feel if people told you that they didn't approved of that?

If it's how he feels, it's how he feels. Malt's never been disrespectful to me over it. I've got my own unfair biases, so I can't judge him for his biases.

Well that was close... I was expecting a flame back about that comment. I mean it's entirely true, but usually, even on this forum, I've been flamed for saying things like that. It's just my opinion. I don't really know any gays or lesbians, but the bi people I know are perfectly nice, but I just think it's wrong. I kind of dont like it when they try to act like it's normal. If it were normal, the human race would have died out by now. I don't mean to offend anypony, but it's my opinion.

/rant

It's your opinion, and I won't try to change it, and I won't flame you.

HOWEVER

I would like to point out a few things that weren't considered "normal" at the time they came to light in society that we now think of as normal, or at least accept as something that just happens.

-The concept of a round earth

-Democracy

-The ability for women to vote

-The idea that slavery was wrong

-The written word

-Laws

-Utilizing fire as a tool

I could go on. I won't. Now, one easy counter to all this in regards to whether homosexuality is right or wrong would be "but all of these things have a concrete benefit to human society, and people eventually came to see that. What possible benefit could homosexuality have to humanity?"

You mentioned that if EVERYBODY was homosexual the human race would have died out. Well, here's the thing. The Earth is becoming overpopulated. Some sources posit we are ALREADY overpopulated. Overpopulation is a real problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overpopulation

Obviously, the usage of contraception and proper education would help to keep populations within easily maintained levels. But hey, gay people don't have kids (they can and should be allowed to adopt or reproduce in other ways, but that's a whole other kettle of fish) and that helps stave off global overpopulation just a little bit. So if you must force a way of thinking into having a purpose and a benefit, there's one of them. There are others I can think of that I'd need a lot more time and research to go into effectively.

In the end, the ultimate problem with saying "that's not normal" is that "normal" varies in definition from person to person. Your normal is different from my normal. Whose normal is right? If you say both, then normal stops being normal because normal needs to have a static definition or it isn't. If you say neither, then you admit to being wrong while also saying that EVERYBODY is wrong about normal, thus making defining what's normal and what isn't a moot point.

1 person likes this

True an that part of the poll is gone now

/rant

Fair enough you are allowed to have your own opinion and we will now force it upon you

I am surprised we made a own thread for this considering all the talk in all the other threads, but sure why not hehe

As most of you know I am Bi (and a Furry), and I am not sure yet which gender I prefer as it seems to go in waves. Besides I hardly think that is relevant seeing how I enjoy the company of both anyways (even if I have a boyfriend at the moment).

so your a furry? cool whats ur 'sona? mines a Neko

I just want to thank everypony for their honesty and time to take part in this poll/thread and if it makes you uncomfortable then I am deeply sorry that I have made you feel that way

Edited by Pinkie Pie

I myself am straight. I love my gay friends, but I have to go with Malt on this. But I also love and tolerate everyone regardless of their preference. Who am I to judge?

Tsk what do you mean when you agree with me? Do you disapprove of gays and lesbians? If so, phew... I'm not alone.

I'm heterosexual.

I have to say that I'm a little surprised that we have almost as many bi ponies then we do straight. Nothing wrong with that mind, just a little surprising.