Rainy

Post Your Desktop

662 posts in this topic

Kuni's post in the New Jersey server test thread made me realize how much I love seeing other people's wallpapers. =) The only thing I love more than customizing the look of my desktop is seeing how other people have customized their own. So post your desktops here, everypony! I'll start with mine.

I created the wallpaper from a generic Derpy vector and a screenshot that I took in Fallout: New Vegas. The icons were also mostly created by me from vectors that I found on DeviantArt, with a few taken from the "Steve Colt" icon pack. That mess on the right side of the image is the wallpaper and setup for my second monitor.

3 people like this

I love that fallout wall paper! Could you post it up by chance? : D

And I actually just changed wall papers.. Shortly before bumping into this actually!

Desktop-1.png

1 person likes this

Usually don't keep any shortcuts on my desktop, I'm more of a quicklaunch guy. I have a second monitor but it's just the same image at the same size.

desktop.jpg

It's from Kino's Journey. That's not actually the style of the anime, though. The desktop background is stylized.

It's a story about a girl traveling around the world on her talking motorcycle. What do you mean it's not for kids?

Somewhere among my folders I have the artist's name saved, but it might take me a bit to find it.

Edited by Kino

I might have to check it out. =) I don't watch much anime, but I do tend to watch what is recommended to me on occasion. The description sounds interesting too.

Could I bother you for the source of that wallpaper? :heart: I'd like to download it. :pixel-twilight:

Current:

07-19-2011.png

The last time I had an actual wallpaper was at least 18 months ago, but this is what it looked like:

Heavy.jpg

http://www.animepaper.net/art/166794/the-beautiful-world

There, the credit is on the image, too. An artists named Clover. If you're content to just copy the image into photoshop/gimp/paint/whatever and save it then you won't have to sign up for the site.

Stovich appears to favor the simple and non-distracting backgrounds. I actually almost used Morokite's once, by my love of Kino's Journey made me stick with it for a while longer.

Current:

07-19-2011.png

The last time I had an actual wallpaper was at least 18 months ago, but this is what it looked like:

Heavy.jpg

Stovich, Vista seriously? O_O Vista requires 2x specs of a game. So you should change it to Windows 7, but that's just my opinion. You don't have to change it. And btw. SSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indy4.jpg

Here's the sole image because I was too lazy to move all the icons. It changes about once a month, but usually ends up as this.

Stovich, Vista seriously? O_O Vista requires 2x specs of a game. So you should change it to Windows 7, but that's just my opinion. You don't have to change it. And btw. SSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm using Windows 7. The second image is my desktop in 2009, when I was using Vista. It has been a long time since I've had something other than just a plain black wallpaper. Oh, and...

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKERRRRRR

I'm using Windows 7. The second image is my desktop in 2009, when I was using Vista. It has been a long time since I've had something other than just a plain black wallpaper. Oh, and...

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKERRRRRR

Oh ok nvm xD. I can't post my desktop cause I moved and I can't play on my desktop computer, so I don't know if I should post my laptop desktop :P Oh well..

Guess what....

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCHH

Not everyone can just casually upgrade an OS too. =P It costs money if you're not a student and even more if you're purchasing it for business use.

I've bought every version of Windows I've run and I didn't have any "student discounts" or coupons to help me. It is one of the costlier aspects of building a new PC for me.

Yes true... One Windows 7 OS costs like 350 bucks. It is one hell of a money. But Raini, lots of people these days just pirate all the stuff and end up getting viruses for downloading OS'.

Yes. Well I used my math to change the money thing. But maybe it was 250-350 I don't know. But I'm sure it wasn't on sale. And it was Win7 64bit

jodou.jpg

Now, I know what you must be thinking. "Derpy Hooves, you magnificent beast of might and intelligence, why are there not one, but TWO free-to-play Korean MAMORPARGS on your desktop! Surely a creature of your higher stature must not partake in such drivel!" Well true, I am that. But Dragon Nest really isn't that bad. And Iris is part of a youtube series I'm starting up in which I "review" free to play MEMORIECHIPS

2 people like this