Rainbro Dash

Art and Commissions

36 posts in this topic

We've got several artist on this forum. I figured it would be cool to have an official place for commission assignments and the like. Or just plain requests--whatever works. Also, pinning this thread, as I think it's an idea that everyone could appreciate.

Part of the impetus of this thread is that I am in dire need (not really) of some quick cash. Mass Effect 3 comes out in two weeks, and I have zero money. SO. I'm willing to go whole hog (barring my other responsibilities) on commissions to try and make enough money to get said game. Any takers?

I can make 3d models/textures/drawings... if i put a lot of time into something it will come out well.

I used to do large acrylics, chalk/charcoal, and felt (up to 4ft) years back. Been messing with digital stuff lately, once I learn all of the programs I'll start making a bunch of stuff... which was kind of my approach to physical art as well..

Kind of learned pencil drawing + oil painting + prismacolor + acrylics + watercolor + chalk/charcoal + photography, even some sculpture/casting and even calligraphy in there

so i'm mostly done with photoshop, designer, painter.. still need to work on 3ds max and illustrator =S

I'm pretty good with comic book heroes, and I just started ponies, as you can see from my avatar, but I'm getting better.

Well, at this point, I've lost my tablet for an indeterminate amount of time. So no color commissions and the like.

All I can do are pencils now. And when really motivated, and can do some really refined looking pencil sketches. But that's it.

:(

I do like your pencil sketches. Still have the first sketch you gave me as an iPhone wallpaper.

Might have a commission request or two for you down the road.

Well, at this point, I've lost my tablet for an indeterminate amount of time. So no color commissions and the like.

All I can do are pencils now. And when really motivated, and can do some really refined looking pencil sketches. But that's it.

:(

you i lived say next door to u i would of given my tablet to you >.>

Welp, as much as I love being ignored, I think there's nothing for me here.

Dude, you've thrown down your post for all of two hours. Rainbro has been here for months, and has an extensive history of good works. You've got to be patient.

Welp, as much as I love being ignored, I think there's nothing for me here.

Dude, you've thrown down your post for all of two hours. Rainbro has been here for months, and has an extensive history of good works. You've got to be patient.

For the better part of a year actually. And even then, I could count on my fingers how many commissions I've gotten from other members of this community.

Relax, and be patient. Start posting your stuff in the art thread so you can build up a presence here. It's hard for someone to plunk down money when they don't know much about your work. And your single avatar pic isn't nearly enough to go on.

Having said that, welcome to the unofficial Ponyville art club. I look forward to see some of your work.

Hm. Well, you have proven your point. But still, There's no point in me posting in this thread for a while anyways, so my points stands.(points everywhere!)

Didn't want to seem rude, just saying.

I would love to show my work, once I get the hang of ponies and computer drawing. Thanks for the welcome, also.

Edited by Massella42

Hm. Well, you have proven your point. But still, There's no point in me posting in this thread for a while anyways, so my points stands.(points everywhere!)

Didn't want to seem rude, just saying.

I would love to show my work, once I get the hang of ponies and computer drawing. Thanks for the welcome, also.

we have an artist art thread and artist art thread for just ponies upload ur work to there and keep drawing!

@rainbro i like the idea of an art club :)

If you get a commission, Rainbro, and do the pencils I'll do the coloring and inking if you want. I don't want any money or even recognition from it, just the practice.

Honestly I'll color whatever. I'm not good but I'm not bad either and I don't practice enough with my own drawings. Or even with other people's. I can only work with pressure put on me, and that pressure would come from not wanting to make another person's drawing look like shit.

Hey everypony, I have found my brony skill!!!!!! I can draw ponies! if you want, you can send me a pic of yourself and a description of what you want your cutie mark to be and I'll draw you. I don't charge, but i do take llamas in Deviantart as tips! XD.

if anypony is interested:

Email- majormojo500@hotmail.com

DeviantArt: majormojo500

thanks all.

what happened to my thread?! D: what does merged mean? I don't mind, but I'd kinda like to know what just happened

@ Major Mojo

Uh--your thread has been moved into this one. Seriously, it's the last post here before the one you just did.

It was merged to try and prevent too many individual threads. Neither yours or this one has had too much activity it's only logical to merge them together.

Hey everypony, I have found my brony skill!!!!!! I can draw ponies! if you want, you can send me a pic of yourself and a description of what you want your cutie mark to be and I'll draw you. I don't charge, but i do take llamas in Deviantart as tips! XD.

if anypony is interested:

Email- majormojo500@hotmail.com

DeviantArt: majormojo500

thanks all.

Hmm do you have any previews or something similar of your work?

I take commissions, I usually do them fairly quickly (within one week time frame). Prices vary depending on complexity, $10-20 is my usual range for a fully colored/stylized image. I can do button/shirt designs, prints, icons, even graphic banners. I don't have a ton of pony art as I'm still kinda new to the fandom. http://yellowgear.deviantart.com/ my da which has some of my art

i was using guru.com, but it's hard to win project bids. I won a few. You only get 10 bids with a basic account though, minimum bid for a projects is 25$. Lots of projects that employers post are grossly unrealistic.. If you are a glutton for punishment you can buy more bids.

"Oh i need this high poly character modeled and rigged and i need it to be uv mapped, detailed, with multiple sets of rigged/animated clothes. Oh and it's eyebrows, ears, nose, eyes, mouth, cheeks, neck, and throat, must also be rigged along with all of its hands/feet/fingers. You must also do it exactly to my <crappy> sketches, etc etc."

Paying: under 250

There's only a few brackets employers can specify, "not sure" "under 250" 250-500, 500-1000, 1000-2000, etc... goes up from there.

So you know, 70% of the projects are employers looking for freelancers who will do work for 1/4 or less what it's worth.

a good 25% don't know what the hell they want...

And in the midst of all this, you have like 10-20 bids on every project you look at.

Most of the people that use that site are from India and Pakistan too, kind of makes me sick =S

Also the only way to post work samples, is to complete projects and post samples for those projects.

The only way to really win bids, is to have work samples. Shrug.