Rainy

NEED AN ARTIST'S HELP! Prizes Offered!

38 posts in this topic

I tried my hoof at this as well! quicklly learned it's tough getting lineart to look right when shrunk to 30 pixels tall. had to keep redrawing parts for clarity over and over, and entirely erase litle details that wouldn't show up...

nerdy1.pngnerdy2.pngnerdy3.png

here's how they look shrunk down:

nerdy1a.pngnerdy2a.pngnerdy3a.png

I would've tried more color combinations, but I was getting tired. and I'm just now noticing that horn looks a little funky by a few pixels, derp.

I tried my hoof at this as well! quicklly learned it's tough getting lineart to look right when shrunk to 30 pixels tall. had to keep redrawing parts for clarity over and over, and entirely erase litle details that wouldn't show up...

I would've tried more color combinations, but I was getting tired. and I'm just now noticing that horn looks a little funky by a few pixels, derp.

Looks good at 30w, forgot about this thread, been busy working on models =S

Well, hi.

I drifted by here from Google, and noticed this competition. Just thought I'd ward off my boredom by doing a little squiggle for something topic-based.

Nothing brilliant, but here;

What.png

Anyways, not really a bother where this ends up. Though, notably, it looks horrible in 30x30. Still, I don't just want to leave it in the darkness of my harddrive so I figure giving it a little home here would be fine.

If, for some unheavenly reason someone takes interest in it, feel free to be the someone to try make a lovely 30x30 version.

EDIT: Lack of obvious legs because she's a Seapony. Or something, I haven't the mind to care.

Edited by Akoura
1 person likes this

If you participated in this contest, please PM me with the following information:

A link to your post in the thread.

Your SteamID number.

What you would like for your forum title.

NOTE: If you posted previously in this thread about making an entry, but are late finishing it, I will still award you the free month and forum privileges once you post the entry in this thread. However, I still need you to contact me with the above information after you have posted your submission.

Thank you everypony!

I love these and they look perfect once shrunk down! Do you think there would be any way to vectorize them and/or make the teeth more noticeable?

Even the ones you already shrunk look like they would work fine, except that the edges are hard on them. One of the requirements is no hard edges. If you could provide me with a vectorized/clean version which retains the same sharpness of the ones you posted earlier, but with a smoother outer outline, it would be acceptable as a final entry.

Your entry and fiagram's are my favorites. If you are both okay with it though, I would like to see which gets accepted by Twitch before I decide on which of you is the winner.

In the meantime, I would like to award both of you, as well as everyone in this thread with a free month of reserved slot access on all servers and an upgrade to 20% cooler on the forums.

I don't really play many games, mostly just do modeling/drawing/graphics, when I do play it's mostly tf2. I can vectorize his drawing in illustrator, would only take me a few minutes.

Been busy working on my canterlot map for the contest =S been making lots of models and stuff, deadline is gonna come up quickly.

Ok here's some vectors, and the SVG file if you wish to recolor them or edit. Keep in mind --- I used live trace + shape merge/shapebuilder and live paint quite a bit, so, the lines are a bit twerked in places, and the shapes are not newbie friendly =(, however I was able to follow the artstyle and remove the rough edges pretty closely.

Recoloring should be easy, just hit it up with live paint bucket, or use swatches, or select all and chose "recolor artwork"

Sometimes when I do live paint i forget to merge places and there are holes and alpha/transparency leaks through, don't think I missed any but you never know =S, yell at me and I can fix it, or color swatch, or whatever, or you can, the svg is below.

They look close when small

hazehorse.png

hazehorse_03.png

hazehorse_02.png

hazehorse_01.png

SVG:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mhd2mw1r11u0rme

Edited by friagram

any vector program should be able to open an SVG, illustrator is what I use, but inkscape is a popular free program for editing vectors: http://inkscape.org/

works on mac, linux, windows

(windows http://sourceforge.n...ad?source=files) get the winexe

I opened it in inkscape, it works ok, the shapes are all complete paths, there are some residual shapes behind the layers, but nothing big, i forgot to merge the right eye so it's got 2 chunks.

If it's a huge problem i can fix up the image more, but I thought you were going to have it shrunk down or recolor it, if that's the case this will work fine.

I use live trace + live paint and shapebuilder a lot for this in illustrator, because it converts raster to vector quickly and I don't have to redraw everything by hand, only parts I want to change (looking at it now, i can see that the hairline could use more work, didn't know if you wanted it to have a stroke or bleed into the eyes -- i think it looks cool how it was -- also, but the edges are a bit rough in the large verison, but you can't tell when its shrunk down )

Edited by friagram

thanks so much Friagram for vector-izing my art! I'm not very experienced with vectors and wouldn't know what to do, haha.

Everyone who participated. If you were working on something, but did not finish it in time, I will still credit the perks to you so long as you posted earlier int he thread about working on something.

Also, just a reminder, but anyone else who still wants their forum slots for participating in this thread that hasn't gotten it yet should PM me.

(If this thread's basically dead and no one plans to uses it, I'm sorry for posting this.)

Raini, by any chance are you still looking for artists and such as assistance? I'm very good with pixeling, vectors, emoticons, etc. If you are, just contact me by msging me by either PMing me on here, or by msging me privately via Steam.
Ducky™