Pencil Doodle®

What is your avatars/OC's backstory?

39 posts in this topic

Me: "Gah, im SOO bored... I KNOW!! I'll start a thread!"

And that's how Equestria this thread was made!

So, if you have an avatar/OC, and if it has a backstory, what is it?

Mine would be: At a young age Pencil Doodle's parents were violently killed in the crossfire of a terrible war that crippled his homeland. While search parties where sweeping up the reckage and gathering fallen bodies, he was found under the rebel of his house. He was then taken back to an orphanage in Canterlot, he showed great magical potential during childhood, and was enrolled as a student of Princess Celestia. He is currently studying and working under her, but also studying the dark arts without her knowing, growing more powerful to get revenge on those responsible for his parents death's...

now of-course that has nothing to do with my real life, but meh...

1 person likes this

@ Pencil Doodle

Wouldn't expect that kinda backstory from a character named Pencil Doodle! Maybe an artist or something but certainty not a vengeance story. :p

Well lesse.. *points at avy* There's my own OC.

Name: Olympia Blaze

No real backstory to 'em. Just an extension of myself really. Characteristic wise.. The bastard shows my competitive spirit. I love competition in things I enjoy. Especially fighting games. LIKE A BURNING FIRE, MY SPIRIT SHALL NEVER FAULTER! *or at least I'll recover quickly :D* His Cutie Mark varies really. I've entertained the idea of RPing with him so it'd b an Olympic torch with laurels.By Default it's the classic Hadouken Motion.Arcade_Stick_QCF.pngArcade_Button_Punch.png.

..Oh that and He's a Donkey Pony. ROCKIN' IT BEFORE IT WAS COOL. /ego

Mine has a pretty long(and epic) backstory. The idea kinda just came to me one night when I was listening to 'Drops of Jupiter' by Train. So here goes;

My OC(Stargazer, of course) grew up with princess luna and princess celestia. He was not an alicorn though, just a nimble pegasus. Time passed, and Stargazer and Luna began to grow closer than just friends. Luna began to show her the wonders of the night. They would go to the moon, eat upside down cake (yay low gravity) and just watch comets fly past. However, Star had not found his special talent yet. He still had a blank flank. Luna wanted to help him, and tried to conjure a spell to show him how to find his special talent, but something went wrong. Instead, stargazer had been teleported to the end of the universe, at a rather convenient restaraunt(idea borrowed from 'Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy'). There he met up with this rather eccentric glowing orb, who could go anywhere and any time. Thus, Stargazer set out with his new companion, evolving into newer forms along the way, and being completely changed by what he saw. This was not like the joy of Equestria, it was harsh, it was uncaring, it was violent. But it also had hope. Wherever Star went, he worked his hardest to make the planet a better place. Until one day he died. But his companion knew that his journey was not over, so he bonded with him, teleporting them both to earth. Stargazer became healed and took on a native form, but at a price. Stargazer did not remember anything, nor could he hear the voice of his friend in the back of his mind. So he accepted this new world as his own, grew, developed, earned respect. But over the years, he began to feel a tugging at his mind, like he didn't really belong here, like there was someone really up in the moon. Years had passed, and while he was at college, he comes across none other than luna(she was in human form, so she could fit in without making a scene). Luna told Stargazer about what had happened on equeastria for the last thousand years, how she had turned into nightmare moon after Star left(because he was the only one there to applaud her beautiful night) and how she had been sent to the moon for a thousand years. With her magic, luna opened a portal back to Equestria, and they both went through. Stargazer was still unwary. He could not remember anything, and felt out of place wherever he went, also, he had lost his wings, becoming just a earth pony. Luna wanted him to stay at Canterlot, but he needed to find who he was again. So he set out. He never even noticed that his cutie mark had appeared, in the form of a map and compass. Time passed by, and Stargazer stopped aging. He was old, yes, but not too old to be unable to run or lift or that sort. And where this chapter closes, another is opened.

My avatar's backstory? Well, it's basically GMOD-posed BG2 models. I made the textures for the infantry and the muskets, as well as the regimental colour. I have no idea on who made the Union Jack.

At a young age Splodge (my avatar) was the last in his class to get his cutie mark. However Splodge had found his cutie mark when finding a desire to architecture. Splodge lived a life full of almost everything he could wish for. His skills in architecture led him to design the town hall in Ponyville. Splodge then moved to Canterlot at the age of 15 with his parents. Once again his skills earned him a high rank in Canterlot society. This rank led him to designing some of the grandest buildings in Canterlot. At the respectful age of 20 he moved to Apalooza for some peace and quiet. He lives there to this day designing big new projects for the ponys in Apalooza.

alright *clears throat* I'm bored too.

Here goes.

(spoiler warning: I cover this in more detail in my upcoming-but-terribly-slow-going fanfic currently titled Bronies: an Unoriginal Title. If you want to wait,(forever) don't click the spoiler thingy.)

I am a unicorn, oddly enough. My horn dissapeared when I was a baby. No one can tell me why, it even boggles the princess. I hang out with my other friends, we're all somewhat rejects, standouts. I can't do magic consciously, the only thing I ever seem to do in that regard is, in times of duress or dire circumstance, I seem to summon a shield to protect my friends. Some say I enhance other unicorns' powers during these occurances.

Once during an adventure set about by clues left behind by my best friend's late unkle, we discovered a hidden seventh element of harmony, inspiration, that apparantly can act as a booster to the other six. It was fortunate, because we also accidentally help free an old entity of chaos, and had to help the Champions of friendship to defeat him. But that's a long story.

Other than that, I run the Crate & Barrel shop in Ponyville, y'know, that shop that looks like a giant crate stuck to that old bell tower? making -you guessed it- crates and barrels. I can make other stuff on request. I often build many of the contraptions my best friend comes up with (he's an inventor and scientist). I do odd jobs around Ponyville, as well, mostly building repairs. My friends and I have a band. We practice most nights.

that's pretty much me.

Ummm. It's a robot in a mask...... who wants to be a human rarther than a robot and so he goes on this adventure with his robot friend to try to become a human.

BUT. SHOCK TWIST. His friend dies and he is left all alone. Feel sorry for the robots.

Uh................................................

What if you have 74 OCs at the moment?

Blue Sky/Stormy Sky/Royal Blue/Alpha Beta Blue

Blue created the sky. Celestia hired her because Celestia was just too lazy. One day, Blue wished for adventure. And, she got adventure. A pony Armeggeddon, or Barnageldin. Her evil side becomes another being, Stormy Sky

She is one of the Elements of Light, Leadership. The four elements are Leadership, Humor, Care, and Knowledge.

After winning, many other strange occurances happen as the Marenites, or dark ponies, try to fight back. At one point, she morphs into Royal Blue.

Celestia goes crazy, also known as Madlestia, and loses her power. Luna struggled because she couldn't handle running Equestria by herself. Royal decided to step in and help her.

As queen, she finds out some more information about her past. The beginning of her life as she remembered was waking up on the Ponyville streets. In a book entitled Galaxia vs Midnight, it describes the two sisters fighting eachother. Galaxia defeated Midnight Sparkle. Her soul was transported to the future and was reborn as Twilight Sparkle. Galaxia died from a zap by Blizzard Wind. Her soul was also transported, and became Blue Sky. Blue and Twi are sisters!

When Royal has to defeat Eval, she morphs yet again into Alpha Beta Blue, a pony with tons of power. The power of wind, water, dreams, writing, size, the stare, and so much more. Unfortunately, Al

430084_292110890856400_100001724745926_756266_1551949812_n.jpg

Well, I guess I'll tell you the story of Isaiah Raven, corporal in the 51st Hoovenshire, 3rd West Riding Regiment of Light Hoof.

Isaiah Raven was, as most of his fellow soldiers, born in the gutters. His mother was a whore, who worked in a cheap brothel from the crappiest district of West Riding, Hoovenshire. His father was never known, though it was believed he was a drunk vagrant, who met his mother on a one night stand. Paid her a few bits and buggered off to never be seen again... alive.

His mother gave him birth some day in January. The year was unknown. It is said that Isaiah was born on the coldest day of that winter, which took the lives of hundreds of peasants and destroyed a harvest that could have saved thousands of lives. His mother, among them. Before her demise, she abandoned the foal, leaving him in a cold alley, on his own, 2 days after birth. He was found by a guard, under the snow, fighting to keep just a tiny bit of warmth in his body.

The guard took pity on the poor foal, and finding no reason to act otherwise, he took him on his back and to his barracks. When arriving, he reported to his officer about the strange finding. He was assigned the responsibility of taking care of the new born foal, naming him and giving him shelter. He named the foal Isaiah Raven, in honour of his grand father.

At the age of 5, Isaiah's foster father was sent to battle. It is said he was hit by a mortar shell, and his body disintegrated. One of his fellow soldiers wrote a letter to the kid, explaining what happened. Since then, there is a period of time in which Isaiah disappeared. His name vanished, his friends forgot him, his entire life became a small footnote in the history of a dead and broken family.

Around 10 years later, he was found in the woods, close to Glascow, with a band of brigands and highwaymen, who stole from the merchants and travellers that went through their territory. He was arrested and put into a small, cold cell in East Riding. Each day he cursed his luck, and got close to going mad. For the next 2 and 1/2 years, he would not see the light of day, nor hear the beautiful sound of nature.

He finally saw the light of day on March 14th, year unknown. He was sent to the gallows, to be hung for murdering and armed robbery to merchants. With a rope around his neck, his body and all hope of freedom were dropped through a hole. Isaiah's neck, however, was too strong to submit. As opposed to everyone's beliefs, Isaiah Raven, was alive. When the guards noticed, the rope was removed, and he was allowed to leave. Why? Because any pony strong enough to survive the gallows, was immediately sent to the army. Only around 1/2000 managed to survive.

The colt was sent to West Riding for basic training. He was put in a boot camp company, under the command of Sergeant Major Grey. There, he was assigned to Light Hoof, due to his excellent accuracy on long ranges, as well as his ability to climb and jump around on trees. Ability earned thanks to his days as a highwayman. For the next 8 months, he would be the best shot in his unit... and the one who could drink the most without passing out. He quickly became a drunk.

By the time of the Zebrican Invasion, Isaiah was promoted to corporal, and was assigned a small squad of 4 colts. His first taste of battle took place during the retreat of Hoovensharian forces from the electorate. Since then, he fought (and drunk) along his fellow squad mates in the 51st Regiment of Light Hoof.

1 person likes this

Once upon a time, Nigel Thornberry was exploring the jungle. He soon found an old temple where an ancient tribe of bronies used to workship a god known as "Rainbow Dash". This, of course made Nigel curious. As he wandered through the temple, he found a statue of a little blue horse with rainbow-colored hair. When he touched it, his heart, body and soul collided with Rainbow Dash's and he became Nigel Thornpony. His quest is to make everything 20% more Smashing!

This one's pretty new but I really love the episode "The Sponge Who Could Fly" from SpongeBob SquarePants and a video that really speaks to me. I also like the idea of having Patrick avatars for the time being, so I combined them.

Edited by Unlimitedcha

Errr... My name's really just my surname with a reference smacked at the end of it. That's it. But my avatar is Doctor Whooves, a Time Lord from the planet Gallopfreyan. After years of adventuring, he saved a poor mare, Ditzy Doo, under attack by the weeping pegasus (pegasus? Pegasi? I dunno lol) and eventually married her. Now he settled down, and has two young fillies: Sparkler and Dinky. He became known around Ponyville as clockwork, a pony who repairs things. He occasionally still goes on adventures with his wife, but apart from that the TARDIS rests in his back yard. Also, he has a nacho for bow ties.

I decided I wanted to try drawing and coloring an original pony and then I did. I'm more or less satisfied but if I draw another picture of her I'd probably tweak the colors a bit more.

She doesn't actually have a name or a back story. It's sort of a "decide for yourself" kind of thing. You look at her and whatever impression you get and whatever name you may come up with is the correct one!

I was actually starting on a whole fic about my OC's long and complicated backstory a while back, I might wanna go and finish that up sometime hehe.

Let's just say it involves vikings, dragons, forbiden love, abnormal offspring, painfull journey and then a ending I won't reveal.

I was actually starting on a whole fic about my OC's long and complicated backstory a while back, I might wanna go and finish that up sometime hehe.

Let's just say it involves vikings, dragons, forbiden love, abnormal offspring, painfull journey and then a ending I won't reveal.

Ha. I was thinking of doing the same thing. Only my story is a lot different. It involves a unicorn and pegasus who helped as guardians of the princesses until princess Luna got lost and they went searching for them and went through a huge ordeal. Edited by BladeRulez

Ha. I was thinking of doing the same thing. Only my story is a lot different. It involves a unicorn and pegasus who helped as guardians of the princesses until princess Luna got lost and they went searching for them and went through a huge ordeal.

I had done the exact same thing on facebook, but then i got banned because i talked violent back to this one hater and he must of complained. Oh well, i never cared for facebook anyways. But I guess I might rewrite my backstory here. I did enjoy when I first wrote it, it might be fun finishing it. What do you guys think?

This particular avatar iteration of Kenyon is a low-budget mad scientist, who funds his experiments by winning cooking contests. He totally had the "Urban Mad Scientist" look down before that punk Dr. Horrible came to town, and stole his thunder. His army of Crock Pot-based super robots are preparing for their attack on America...as soon as he can find the goddamn remote for them.

2 people like this

This particular avatar iteration of Kenyon is a low-budget mad scientist, who funds his experiments by winning cooking contests. He totally had the "Urban Mad Scientist" look down before that punk Dr. Horrible came to town, and stole his thunder. His army of Crock Pot-based super robots are preparing for their attack on America...as soon as he can find the goddamn remote for them.

nice. that reminds me of another mad scientist....

1 person likes this

Wow. lot's of great stories here, mine will never equal out, but I still want to share it.

My name is Major Mojo. When I was a child, I was mentally and physically abused. My father left me at birth to go and clop off with some other mare. My mother loved me dearly. she got remarried, and gave birth to my two brothers. Over time, however, she began to resent me. why me? I have no Idea. She tried to beat us all, but I made sure, even if I was beaten almost to death, that she never laid a hand on my brothers. It all seemed hopeless, then I found my release, my happy place, I found music. It was like lyrical drugs to my ears, I listened to it non-stop and that's when I knew music was my life. My cutie mark appeared shortly after. I showed my mother in hopes to make her proud for once, but she just replied with "Ugh! music? why couldn't you have gotten to be something actually useful and not just a burden to the world?"

When I became of age, I left, my brothers moved into my place, and they currently reside there. I own a small music store just down the road from SugarCube Corner. I sell all kinds of instruments and the music is always blasting when you walk in. I love it. it is my entire life and through it, I've met some very cool ponies. None quite as cool as "her". When she walked in the door I looked, expecting to see just another customer, but she was gorgeous, her pale white coat, her light and dark blue mane, her oddly-shaped sunglasses. My heart melted. I knew she had to be mine. Being the charming devil I am, I really hit it off and we dated for a while. Her name was Vinyl Scratch. These were the happiest times I've ever had. We spent Hearth's Warming Eve together and slept in front of the fireplace nuzzled in close. I got her a new top-of-the-line mixer board. I thought this could last for ever.

I was wrong. She left me over rumors that other ponies spread about. I lost her and I was devastated. She just left. I went home and as much as I hate to say, it is part of my history, I went home and trashed my home, threw chairs and everything else. My youngest brother tried to comfort me in my rage and I... I struck him. I hit him in the face. I suddenly snapped out of it and bandaged his face. He forgave me but to this day, I have never forgiven myself. Vinyl Still comes into my store from time to time, but acts as if we'd never loved. I still try to get her back, but she's seeing other colts she says. I didn't pursue her, because I thought she'd be happier. The "stallion" she sees now beats her and is mentally abusive. I tried to fight him, but she stopped me and begged me not to do it when I had the chance. I cried. For the first time in a long time, I sat down and cried.

Well, I'm still fleshing out Jack-pony's story. I've got to work on Pt.2 one of these nights...

Don't read if you're keeping track on the Backstory thread, or you want to read it!

Short version:

Jack was 'born' an alicorn and ruled Equestia, between its settlement and the coming of Discord. Jack fought Discord and failed, and in the process lost his horn and wings, but still remains immortal. After Celestia and Luna took over ruling Equestria, Jack went into exile. He occasionally comes out of exile when he feels that he is needed, or for example, when Luna was banished.

Celestia and Luna are his 'sisters'. He and Luna are some-what close, while he and Celestia do not get along.

Well, this lad took me ages to skin. I began on May 2011, when I decided to try me hand at texturing. I asked a few friends for advice and set myself a task, which was this skin right here.

At first it was worse than crap. I tried my best, but still was not enough. Until a clanmate gave me a few tips and ideas to work with.

Early Alpha

154427.jpg

Then it began getting better and better. By June, it was somewhat similar to what you can see in the avatar.

V1.3

47th%20skin%201.2.png

After this version came the final one, v1.5, which is the one in the avatar.

Right now the skin is in version 2.1. This is because it now includes 2 variants, fully new weapon textures, flags and normal mapping.

If it wasn't for this skin, I would not be right now a BG2 dev...

Edited by Kochi BG2-Dev

ponyWithBackground.png

Sir Robin had always dreamed of being a hero and an adventurer, and only confirmed his wishes when he had gotten his Cutie Mark (which happened as a result of his love for adventure games and stories). So he made his way to Canterlot to attempt to join the royal guard. After many attempts he had caught the attention of the Captain, Shining Armour who did appreciate Robin's persistence. So not to hurt his feelings, he sent Robin on a "special mission" to get him out of the hair of those in Canterlot, to guard what was considered the quietest and most uneventful place that they could think of ... Ponyville.

Due to incidents that have happened since his arrival there, he hasn't done a good job of this

1 person likes this