Whatever You Want

Lucid Dreaming

169 posts in this topic

Ok, I have been having some problems. I have been doing the technique where I sleep, wake up at night, then attempt sleep paralysis because I am tired. Buuut it has not been working lately, I have started listening to Minecraft Volume Alpha to bypass any voices or footstep sounds but I am unclear if that is the cause of me not getting into SP, so I am asking anyone who has the time, to post their sleep paralysis method and I will test them and see how they work for me. I would like to say thanks if you decide to post because this will not only help me but it will help others who read the post.

When you do the fall asleep at night method and lucid dream, this does not involve sleep paralysis. it involves immersing yourself in the dream you just had. there's a quite large argument around how you get back into the dream, so I will outline both methods~

The Instant Method

Set your alarm to around 6 hours after you fall asleep

As soon as you wake up, turn off the alarm and lay right back down and think of the exact moment where you are left off in the dream. sleep paralysis no longer happens around this time (well it does, but you will be immersed in your dream already.)

Just keep thinking of the dream you were in before, and then take control of it like you would any other lucid dream.

The Delayed Method

Set your alarm to around 6 hours after you fall asleep, just like the instant method

Get up and stay up for an hour so you're still tired.

Spend that hour entirely thinking about the dream you were in, writing down things in your dream journal, ETC...

Lay back in bed and immerse yourself in the dream you were just in using the details you wrote down and thought of.

meh i'm up for it

I'm that 20 hours tired, so why not?

will post results tomorrow if i have time

Well, did it? I really need to know. I'm not sure if I'm gonna try this.

meh i'm up for it

That was over four months ago when I was out of the game and really didn't lucid dream in over a year. The topic had just been sitting in the air for quite some time.

I regularly used to lucid dream at least every other day quite some time ago.

Recently, I have been back into the sport of lucid dreaming, and yes It has always worked for me. As soon as you have a lucid dream, attempt to re-create the circumstances that suit you best.

Also slightly uncomfortable telling my experiences lucid dreaming because quite a few of them have been naughty.

If you are willing to pursue, and have the time I would and still do highly recommend Lucid dreaming.

Also, if you want to lucid dream, don't fap.

meh i'm up for it

That was over four months ago when I was out of the game and really didn't lucid dream in over a year. The topic had just been sitting in the air for quite some time.

I regularly used to lucid dream at least every other day quite some time ago.

Recently, I have been back into the sport of lucid dreaming, and yes It has always worked for me. As soon as you have a lucid dream, attempt to re-create the circumstances that suit you best.

Also slightly uncomfortable telling my experiences lucid dreaming because quite a few of them have been naughty.

If you are willing to pursue, and have the time I would and still do highly recommend Lucid dreaming.

Also, if you want to lucid dream, don't fap.

Now, when you say naughty... Do you mean Pony Naughty?

Yes.

Sadly, it was Rarity and not Celesita

Yes.

Sadly, it was Rarity and not Celesita

Lol if I were being personal, I would prefer that over Celestia, after reading my little dashie I have a permanent hatred of her... Lol

Edit: we'll not like a hatred, it's just that when I see her I think back to that and is like nooooo let her choose, lol I am going to ruin the show with all of these fanfics... My little dashie was bad enough and cupcakes... Pinkie pie as a killer oh boy XD

Edited by DatGuyRightThere

Ok, I have been obsessing over this experience almost all day today. I had sleep paralysis at the time of waking up. I was still and it took over and felt real good. I heard an ear ringing sound like one you would hear in reach if an explosion goes off or something (that my SP sounds) and the vibrations were week. Sleep paralysis eventually broke and I was able to move. I tried again and with luck I was able to get into it. I went to sleep for some unknown amount of time but when I woke I was in sleep paralysis and it felt like someone was kneeling on my chest (This is normal for the people who feel this and hallucinate like I did... it's just your chest muscles relaxing its ok and natural) I remember trying to get out of SP because I knew I would hallucinate some demonic shiz on my chest. I made the mistake of opening my eyes and saw this laying on my chest...

http://forum.ponyvil...gos/logo-04.png

(Don't ask why it was that, I don't even know myself :P)

It's the one with the blue eyes and pink/blue hair combo. It stared me down while I tried to wake myself up. I did not understand what was sitting on me until I broke out of SP, But it acted normally, looking, occasionally it would blink, and it was breathing. I have never had an MLP hallucination it is usually just people standing around me or doors opening, or just auditory hallucinations. very cool stuff and all I can say is my experiences are getting too weird 0.o...

Edit: And Sun Butt isn't the post you made on LD methods called wake back to bed WBTB?

Ok, I have been obsessing over this experience almost all day today. I had sleep paralysis at the time of waking up. I was still and it took over and felt real good. I heard an ear ringing sound like one you would hear in reach if an explosion goes off or something (that my SP sounds) and the vibrations were week. Sleep paralysis eventually broke and I was able to move. I tried again and with luck I was able to get into it. I went to sleep for some unknown amount of time but when I woke I was in sleep paralysis and it felt like someone was kneeling on my chest (This is normal for the people who feel this and hallucinate like I did... it's just your chest muscles relaxing its ok and natural) I remember trying to get out of SP because I knew I would hallucinate some demonic shiz on my chest. I made the mistake of opening my eyes and saw this laying on my chest...

http://forum.ponyvil...gos/logo-04.png

(Don't ask why it was that, I don't even know myself :P)

It's the one with the blue eyes and pink/blue hair combo. It stared me down while I tried to wake myself up. I did not understand what was sitting on me until I broke out of SP, But it acted normally, looking, occasionally it would blink, and it was breathing. I have never had an MLP hallucination it is usually just people standing around me or doors opening, or just auditory hallucinations. very cool stuff and all I can say is my experiences are getting too weird 0.o...

Edit: And Sun Butt isn't the post you made on LD methods called wake back to bed WBTB?

If I recall, yes.

But wow man that's pretty damn cool with the hallucinations, intended or not. I've experienced hallucinations from staying up too long, but nothing beyond that. Not like you experienced. I wonder what triggered it

Yeah, I have no idea but I am going to try next time I am in SP to think about the same experience and maybe it will happen again... but for longer. And I am going to do 100hrs sleep deprivation with Giz Edwards, because his will be on a live stream. He did 84hrs before... lots of hallucinations and fun.

That sounds very hard on the body... Good luck! I hope you end up with the same hallucination and not some über freaky one.

Also, I've tried every method I can think of to cause myself to have a lucid dream, but it never works. I'm not sure what else to do, any suggestions?

EDIT: If it helps, I don't have dreams too often, but when I try the method Cal said I do tend to have a memorable dream.

Edited by Krauser888

Well, it's not that you are not having dreams it's that your dream recall is off a bit. Personally what I like to try is the WILD (Wake Induced Lucid Dream) method only because it is almost like taking the alertness with you. But there are other methods that work just as well. Try this, every time you see a clock or a doorway do a reality check. Eventually you will do them in your dreams and will have a DILD (Dream Induced Lucid Dream) this can also happen if something or someone in your dream triggers you to become lucid. Then there is the WBTB (Wake Back To Bed) method, I have never done this method intentionally but I hear it has some positive results, this is where you wake up in the middle of the night and immediatly try and fall back to sleep but you have to be thinking of your previous dream. Keep in mind I'm not too experienced with that method so if I got something wrong feel free to correct me.

As for your dream recal problem what you can do is when you wake up lay there and think about your last dream, try to make it a task to remember what happened and your thoughts in the dream (and if you are really up for the challenge, try to remember what people were saying, I can never do that >.<) and if it is possible write them down for a week and see if anything is in commen with your dreams. For example my "dream signs" are very very deep water or police shooting at me, recently I have been having tons where I would be piloting military aircraft so that is another dream sign I can add. After you have the signs down, do a reality check whenever you see one, unlucky for me I don't usually get shot by police allot and are not around aircraft or water : / and if you do that enough you should be able to spark a few DILD's :D

Edit: also there is something called MILD (Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dream) I have no idea what or even where to begin on that one I have never seen that until just now 0.o

DILD Tutorial:

WILD Tutorial:

MILD Tutorial:

Those are some videos if you want an exact step by step on some of the methods I use (except MILD)

Edit... Again: I almost forgot to tell you how to do a reality check, when you hit one of those signs look at your hand, really study it. Ask yourself does my hand look messed up because usually when you are in a dream your hand is messed up. another one you can do if that failed is to poke your hand and see if it is very stretchy and elastic-like. The last one if that failed is to plug your nose shut and try to breath in. In a dream you will be able to breath in. If that fails then welcome back to reality bud.

Then there is the WBTB (Wake Back To Bed) method, I have never done this method intentionally but I hear it has some positive results, this is where you wake up in the middle of the night and immediatly try and fall back to sleep but you have to be thinking of your previous dream. Keep in mind I'm not too experienced with that method so if I got something wrong feel free to correct me.

This is correct, as long as you set your alarm to 4-6 hours after bedtime.

I use the WBTB method very frequently, and it's almost always successful as long as you stay alert.

Good to read someone else's adept take in the field of lucid dreams~

Edited by Sun Butt

Well I used your method of WBTB, I had my phone set to go off about 5 hrs after sleep but I woke up an hour and a half after falling to sleep. I fell back to sleep thinking of the dream and telling myself I am dreaming and I had one. some cool parts of the LD was when I said to myself "I'll close my eyes and when I open them Dash will be right there" I had a thought that it would be a grudge like person sitting there. And when I opened my eyes there sitting in front of me was this little girl who had no eyes in her blackened eye-sockets and black/brown tears running down her face. I picked it up and I guess yelled at my subconscious saying "Come on I am getting tired of this s**t, just do what I asked" I said that because usually in a LD whenever I try to do anything my mind has other plans. After saying that here ears turned into... "pony" ears for lack of a better word, and she started to turn blue. No she was not turning into Dash she was turning into a person from Avatar with MLP ears. so I left. Another thing is that I could hear the commercials (fell asleep in front of TV :P ) and control my body as I slept (Had to do that to calm my breathing to keep me in the dream longer) I tried to fly but once again my mind just let me run really fast. I was able to observe myself waking up, that was really cool. I just feels as if my eyes focus and paralysis leaves and I open my eyes. Also I felt more freedom using WBTB, IDK if that is why but I felt free as anything. felt good! After that I made it my project to make a MLP nuke video. I don't even know why I did it even more so why I uploaded it to YouTube...

...But here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlTex2vLjTE

That video is not good... its... uh... questionable

I've had a lucid dream.... It was NSFW :O

And another one was where a zombie Elvis Presley killed me -_-

Edited by Apple Gnome

Several weeks ago, I was woken up by my dogs very early in the morning. With a sigh, I sat up to bring them outside to do their thing.

Once I return to my area of sleeps, I decided, "Why not try to do a WILD?" So I lay down, pressed a pillow under my chin so my mouth couldn't open, and waited. Eventually everything happened. Ringing in my ears, spinning sensation, everything.

Everything except lucid dreaming.

I fell asleep before the process was complete, but I awoke with the same ear piercing buzzing sound as before. That was the closest I have ever gotten to a wake induced lucid dream.

The end.

It took a fever, copious amounts of cough syrup, and sleep deprevation to just get a regular dream...

:\

If only I could lucid dream... IF ONLY!!!

Having read this entire thread, I must say that the most interesting part is poeple telling about the lucid dreams themselves. It is something I find to be the best part when interacting with lucid dreamers. I shall share something from my own dream journal(s) when I have the time!

I am starting a dream journal in attempt to increase my dream recall and starting to get into the habit of doing reality checks all the time so in the off chance i am aware enough to accidently do one in a dream i shall become lucid! wish me luck cause i have absolutely no clue if this will work :P