20stalks

Friend zoned?

34 posts in this topic

After watching this video:

=

And reading this comment:

"My Little Spikey, My Little Spikey, Ah Ah Ah Ah...My Little Spikey

I used to wonder what the friend zone could be (My Little Spikey)

Then I got put there by Rarity

I thought it could be

Tons of fun

Then I realized

I'm gettin' none

Forever alone, I'm quite averse, And flirting makes it that much worse

Yeah, My Little Spikey, Do you know we're nothing more than friendsssssssssss"

It got me thinking... so I guess all neigh-sayers about the "first canon couple" Secret of my Excess were right after all huh?

Discuss.

1 person likes this

It was never canon and never will be. AND I WAS RIGHT

WHOOPS_DID_I_JUST_SAY_THAT_OUT_LOUD.jpg

Man, there should be a Dislike button, cause I was dislike this SO HARD

Welll let's put this into humanish terms

Rarity's supposed to be 18-22ish? Spike's dragon puberty sort of started I guess fairly recently (although with said draco-puberty halted by his lack of raging greed/douchefuck behavior one must wonder if Spike's, uh, jewels will be dropping at all... no scales in places there weren't scales before?) so let's say Spike is a late bloomer, so we'll say he's 14ish?

It's like a college student dating a high school freshman or sophomore. Not unheard of but pretty weird. And then there's the whole "different species" thing which is obviously not a problem for Spike but Rarity seems to go for other ponies.

So like okay, give it 4 years or so and then it at least won't be mega creepy... that's a long time to get over a crush.

IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM LIKE A THING IS ALL I'M SAYING

2 people like this

I say, let's spikes ****s drop, let him grow to about 4 foot (he's gotta be like 2-3 foot) and then he can knock himself. If he hasn't gone through puberty at all though, then i'm guessing he's just a confused young boy who doesn't even know what love is yet.

Nevertheless, i always saw the inter-species thing more romantic than creepy or disturbing, falling for someone despite all the differences and public view? DAWWWWWWWWWWW

Welll let's put this into humanish terms

Rarity's supposed to be 18-22ish? Spike's dragon puberty sort of started I guess fairly recently (although with said draco-puberty halted by his lack of raging greed/douchefuck behavior one must wonder if Spike's, uh, jewels will be dropping at all... no scales in places there weren't scales before?) so let's say Spike is a late bloomer, so we'll say he's 14ish?

It's like a college student dating a high school freshman or sophomore. Not unheard of but pretty weird. And then there's the whole "different species" thing which is obviously not a problem for Spike but Rarity seems to go for other ponies.

So like okay, give it 4 years or so and then it at least won't be mega creepy... that's a long time to get over a crush.

IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM LIKE A THING IS ALL I'M SAYING

Yeah, Rarity's just waiting for spike to mature.

And by my speculation, dragons mature at a much faster rate than ponies.

Spike was hatched when Twilight was around 12ish (her exam for admision into the Canterlot school)

Twi is now around 18ish.

Only 6-8 or so years have passed, yet Spike is around 14. That's almost a double-rate.

Assume Rar's about 22, it would likely only be about 2-3 years till Spike catches up enough to be with her.

So look for Spike x Rarity in season 4 or 5!

tumblr_lzmb1p6bu61qc5ffho1_500.jpg

Welll let's put this into humanish terms Rarity's supposed to be 18-22ish? Spike's dragon puberty sort of started I guess fairly recently (although with said draco-puberty halted by his lack of raging greed/douchefuck behavior one must wonder if Spike's, uh, jewels will be dropping at all... no scales in places there weren't scales before?) so let's say Spike is a late bloomer, so we'll say he's 14ish? It's like a college student dating a high school freshman or sophomore. Not unheard of but pretty weird. And then there's the whole "different species" thing which is obviously not a problem for Spike but Rarity seems to go for other ponies. So like okay, give it 4 years or so and then it at least won't be mega creepy... that's a long time to get over a crush. IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM LIKE A THING IS ALL I'M SAYING
Yeah, Rarity's just waiting for spike to mature. And by my speculation, dragons mature at a much faster rate than ponies. Spike was hatched when Twilight was around 12ish (her exam for admision into the Canterlot school) Twi is now around 18ish. Only 6-8 or so years have passed, yet Spike is around 14. That's almost a double-rate. Assume Rar's about 22, it would likely only be about 2-3 years till Spike catches up enough to be with her. So look for Spike x Rarity in season 4 or 5! tumblr_lzmb1p6bu61qc5ffho1_500.jpg

It also means after about 10 years Spike will 'outgrow' Rarity by a HUGE margin. Maybe it would be better for Spike to fall in love with a female dragon that grows at the same rate as him...

I've seen that pic of SpikexRarity.

. . .

I like it too much.

I don't want spike dating rarity.

Because I wanna date rarity <_<

I saw that one coming.

Nevertheless, i always saw the inter-species thing more romantic than creepy or disturbing, falling for someone despite all the differences and public view? DAWWWWWWWWWWW

I am writing a fanfic about DragonsXPonies and even I think that comment was disturbing.

I am writing a fanfic about DragonsXPonies and even I think that comment was disturbing.

I'm being disturbing even when i'm not trying to be disturbing? Mind fucked... can you explain how it's disturbing exactly?

@ Groove

If that comes to pass. The whole Spike x Rarity shipping is all fine and all but I don't think it's gonna be thrown in seriously. I mean, it's kind of a kid's show. We're not the target demographic. I think that Secret to my Excess is the closest we're gonna see of it honestly.

..Also because it's totally related.

Friendzone.png?t=1332698176

3 people like this

Hey, I'm of the mind that the best relationships are based on good friendships first.

*srs bsns post*

It was never canon and never will be. AND I WAS RIGHT

WHOOPS_DID_I_JUST_SAY_THAT_OUT_LOUD.jpg

Man, there should be a Dislike button, cause I was dislike this SO HARD

and since i know you hate it when people ponify fads

73872%20-%20deal_with_it%20macro%20rainbow_dash%20sunglasses.jpg

I'm being disturbing even when i'm not trying to be disturbing? Mind fucked... can you explain how it's disturbing exactly?

First of all, Spike is a little kid. Second of all, considering how Dragon X Pony seems to be a thing that canonly is not of much controverse (everypony knows Spike loves Rarity after all without reacting to that in any way to indicate otherwise) it could be mistaken as you directly saying that IRL interspecies relationships, aka. zoophillia, aka. a crime in most countries that will get you sent to jail and for good reasons, is sexy and d'aaaw worthy.

Remember kids, there is a difference between wanting a human in a exotic body and simply screwing goats.

Edited by Nightmare Lyre

Rarity is like 16 years old, Spike is 1 years old :P And by the time Rarity dies, Spike will probably be like 18 years old (dragon years)