Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fortydageekist

Movie Tie-in games

21 posts in this topic

I can't think of a movie game yet that hasn't been utter bullshit. I know for a lot of them they have a tight window but idk, the game/movie should go hand and hand during filming. But that might just be me.

I can't think of a movie game yet that hasn't been utter bullshit. I know for a lot of them they have a tight window but idk, the game/movie should go hand and hand during filming. But that might just be me.

They should come out around the same time..

I hate how sometimes the games for movies come out earlier than the movie release and they change the story up.

That or it just has the title of the movie and has nothing to do with it.

What's the worst movie game have you played?

Don't know if MMO's count but.. The Matrix Online.

So bad....omg. I mean the idea of it would be great but geez. You would need the budget of the 3 movies combined to make that game a winner.

People who make movie games don't try to cater to gamers unfortunately. They're just another form of merchandising. I've tested half a dozen movie games working at Activsion and they've all made me want to jump off of a bridge.

I've noticed when games are released side-by-side with the movie release that they are terrible. Due to strict deadlines and a lack of creative control, the devs are limited in what they are allowed to do. Since it takes much longer to make a video game than a movie, the quality of the game suffers. The developers worry more about keeping up with the storyline of the movie and less about the gameplay.

I'm trying to think of a movie game that is actually decent, I know at least a few exist. I'm just drawing a blank right now.

Chronicles Of Riddick? I never played it but it looked alright? No, yes?

No clue abuot Chronicles of Riddick.

But i did like the freedom in the spiderman games and the game play wasn't half bad either.

Last Spiderman game I've played was back on the PS2...or was it the PS1. *shrugs* I don't remember but I do know it wasn't one of the movie tie-in games.

Last Spiderman game I've played was back on the PS2...or was it the PS1. *shrugs* I don't remember but I do know it wasn't one of the movie tie-in games.

Actually to be honest i don't even know if the ones i played were tied into any of the movies now that i think about it lmao.

All the stand alone games went okay but the movie ones, pure crap. I was going to bring up Transformers but the last game wasn't based on the movie either. (I think)

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay is not only one of the best movie-title games ever made, it is also one of the best mainstream action games of the past decade. It is highly recommended, even if you didn't like the Pitch Black or Chronicles of Riddick films.

Batman games have recieved some pretty good treatment on occasion. Arkham Asylum was great, and I still love the 1989 Batman game for the NES (by Sunsoft, hell ya!).

Arkham Asylum would be more of a loose comic tie-in than a movie one but I get what you're saying. Sadly I haven't played it yet and seeing as I might pre-order Arkham City, I should pick it up. I want to see what that Batman Beyond outfit looks in game. lol

First was cool, never finished the second or third for some reason and the last one was pure meh. I don't like the direction they took the movie series in I guess.

Scott pilgrim game on PSN O_o

I guess Scott Pilgrim counts but that game could of came out just based off the comics alone. I'm a big fan of both film and comics but since I don't have a PS3 I have yet to play the game, how fun is it?

I guess Scott Pilgrim counts but that game could of came out just based off the comics alone. I'm a big fan of both film and comics but since I don't have a PS3 I have yet to play the game, how fun is it?

Its pretty good but its mostly a rehash of the old river city ransom beat em up from NES. they have it on XBLA too if you have an xbox

wait, they do!? Hmm...I wonder if I have enough MS points, I rather not buy anymore this month lol. Would some of the Star Trek games count? I guess most would have to be real nerds to enjoy those.