Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Simple

Welcome! Suggestions go here.

54 posts in this topic

I would love to see all the suggestions from you guys! Please do join and give me input on what you would like to see.

For right now, the server is a TTT (Trouble in Terrorist Town) server. If you do not know what TTT is, go here to find out:

http://ttt.badking.net/

Short description for ones who have never played it:

What is Trouble in Terrorist Town?

Trouble in Terrorist Town (TTT) is a gamemode included with Garry's Mod 10. The game is about a group of "terrorists" who have traitors among them, out to kill everyone who's not a traitor.

A small number of players is selected as Traitors, who have to kill all the Innocent players (ie. the rest of the players). Those innocents know they are in the majority, but they do not know who is Traitor and who is not.

The Traitors must use the element of surprise and their special equipment, if they are to succeed. The Innocent just have to survive, which means finding out who the Traitors are and killing them before they kill you. Of course everyone is holding a big gun, and everyone looks suspicious...

For the Innocent, knowledge is power: who is acting strangely? Who can be linked to evidence found on corpses? Who is still alive, even?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am currently split on what the server should have as its main gamemode. At first, I thought sandbox would be a good idea. But then i realized, there is already so many sandbox servers, and most of them are empty. While there is less TTT servers, even less good TTT servers, and most of them are filled up during the day! Plus a lot of our regulars also own gmod and play TTT, so I thought I would make it that.

So please, DO write things here.

Things like what SWEPs you would like to see added, what maps you would like added, even what rules should be implemented! The power is yours.

I am looking forward to your input on this! Me and zimtower aim to improve the server with your suggestions.

THE IP ADDRESS OF THE SERVER:

108.170.26.43:27015

When you say "maps you would like added", do you mean only original maps like gm_construct or pl-badwater, etc? Because I would love to have gm_BlackMesa_Sigma as another server hub setting with the television screen setting to only MLP episodes.

Also Vs. Ponyville player models.

Edited by Zelc

Malt mix sorry, silly me... IP added now.

Zelc, great suggestion about the models! We have been looking into it. We might do a system where you earn points by playing on the server, then you can spend your points to buy a pony model for your player. We might do hats, if pony models run into problems like hitboxes and such.

The thing that is a problem with adapting those models, is that the TF2 skeletons and CS:S skeletons are very different, and it would require specific knowledge of someone to adapt those TF2 pony models to CS:S (Gmod) skeletons. If you can find someone with that knowledge, please do invite them into this thread!

Regarding maps:

We are looking for TTT-adapted (or compatible) maps. I doubt there will be too many people who would be willing to convert non-TTT maps to its format, so try and post TTT maps such as ttt_roy_the_ship, minecraft maps and so on. Your favorite map might end up being in the votemap in the server!

I am thinking of adding the ttt minecraft b4 map. And try to post links to the maps you suggest! While not necessary, it would help other people voice their opinion about the map.

Ok, first draft of the rules (I know its TL:DR but please read and make suggestions to shorten them):

General Ponyville rules:

No trolling or abusive behavior.

No hacking/glitching/exploiting/scripts or any other form of cheating and gaining an unfair advantage.

No micspam whatsoever (pony-related or not).

No racism or sexism.

No obscene sprays (First warning then kick, permanent ban upon spraying it again)

No arguing with the admins. Their word is final.

And finally, treat each other with friendliness and respect, regardless of race or sex!

TTT specific rules:

No RDM (Random Death Match)

RDMing is killing somone without proof that they are the traitor.

Slay first 2 times, permanent ban if RDM continues.

Most of the rules outlined here apply to innocents only.

Rules that are applicable to traitors are:

You cannot call out KOS on your traitor buddies, and you cannot kill them.

You cannot ally yourself with a detective or an innocent if you are a traitor.

You cannot camp as traitor, you will be slayed if you are camping and prolonging the round or not doing anything and making the timer run out.

Valid reason(s) for killing a player:

Killing a player is ok if he/she:

Kills someone and does not identify the body.

Walks by an obvious, not hidden unidentified body.

Throws an incendiary grenade with the intent to damage.

Picks up and carries around an explosive barrel.

Picks up and throws props at players repeatedly, damaging them.

Follows the detective after the detective tells him/her to stop twice.

Kills AFK player(s).

Walks around with a traitor weapon, with no indication on how it was acquired.

Uses map-specific traps to injure or kill player(s).

Shoots at or very close to players.

Calls anyone out falsely.

Breaks the traitor tester.

Destroys a health station.

Invalid reason(s) for killing a player:

You cannot kill the player without it being RDM if the reason for killing the player is that:

The player is hurt.

Was heard firing a weapon.

Has the same type of weapon that was used to kill someone.

Does not respond to a live check.

Accidentally damages someone (someone walked into the line of fire, hit by a prop). Accidentally killing someone is still a reason for KOS.

Is just "acting suspicious".

Is aiming at someone without shooting.

Is following you, if you are not a detective.

Has refused to be traitor tested.

Is shooting, but not at players (windows;walls; etc).

Is traitor baiting.

General TTT rules:

No Ghosting or meta-gaming, that is a permanent ban.

You can only claim rooms after overtime.

Do not get yourself killed on purpose to lower peoples Karma.

Revenge RDM is not allowed. First kick ,then Ban. If you got RDMed, tell how it happened to an admin.

Your name should be pronounceable and non-TTT related. Name change during round is an automatic kick.

No prolonged camping as an innocent or traitor. If you are camping without doing anything to let the timer run out, you will be slayed.

Acting childish or being annoying or disruptive will result in a kick/ban/mute.

No excessive talking, that means do not interrupt other people, do not talk all at once and do not talk over other people. Be considerable.

To report any abuse or repeated rule-breaking, go to http://forum.ponyville.net.

Umm is there any chance of you guys creating another server that IS sandbox, perhaps with pony-related maps like achivement_ponyville (that huge one with all the houses and the everfree forest and apple acres and stuff) and with alot of pony related addons, tools and models installed? Would have loved to do some poses with the community for my Gmod shipping project.

Edited by Nightmare Lyre

You could make each player randomly give mane six models, it's a ponyville server after all :3 and it's funny to say "Fluttershy shot RainbowDash!" gosh I'm so evil.

1 person likes this

and we need to please have a reason for the billiards stuff, or to have them removed please? because i never get it all downloaded in time to play more than 2 matches on each map...

The billiards stuff has been removed. What is up on the agenda now is giving donators powers, implementing a poitns system, and implementing new maps and SWEPS.

I will make a new thread about map suggestions, but how about donator powers? What would you like to be given as a donator, excluding pre-post round immunity and a reserved slot?

I would like a banner that stays above me that reads "idiot" or "Town Fool" so people know what to expect from me :P

Anything that gives an gaming advantage to donators over normal players won't be implemented. The logo above donators will most likely be the 20% cooler logo.

What I was thinking donators could get are more access to special effects, and points to spend on hats.

Because hats make everything better. You should make hats with effects cost more :D possibly give some hats to donators only...

Edit: idea for an effect, sonic rainboom :D

Edited by Malt Mix

So far, the donator powers are planned to be:

Post-round Deathmatch immunity;

Special Traitor/Detective weapons (balanced);

Reserved slot on the server;

Karma saving across maps (it will stay the same as it was on the previous map);

Extra hats and effects avaliable, also more points to spend on them.

Karma saving across maps (it will stay the same as it was on the previous map)

Not always a good thing xP maybe make it optional?

The server is nearing completion at the moment! For a starting set, most of the things I wanted have been implemented that could be within this period of time.

Things that will be implemented until 4/22/2012-4/23/2012:

Several new Detective/Traitor weapons.

Reserved slots and bonuses for donators.

Some map updates and replacements.

A working MOTD.

Things that will take much longer time to implement, but are planned within the server's lifetime:

Hats/Skins with a point system or anything of that sort.

A different voting interface.

Report a player/call an admin function.

Various customized menus.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to implement before this weekend is over or later, post here and I will reply to it! We need a lot of things to distinguish this server from others.

All reskins need a person who would work on the skins... which we lack at the moment. XD

We ran into a few mishaps with the new gmod update, but as always Zimtower figured out what was wrong and fixed it right up.

Other than that, the server is complete! Once the MOTD goes up it will be public.

I've just left a game which was full of RDMing, anti-brony trolling and micspamming. If there isn't an admin online there is nothing any of us can do about it. The RDMers are getting round the karma ban system by spending a few rounds legitimatly so they go completely unpunished despite 5 rounds worth of RDM's. Micspamming and general anti-brony trolling on the other hand is unstoppable. The server desperatly needs at the very least a vote_kick command, preferably vote_ban. Pony servers like this are prime targets for trolls and we can't do anything to stop them, please add something we can use to deal with it.

Edited by CommanderAshton

The steam IDs of anyone who joins or leaves are recorded in chat, which is accessible at all times throughout all maps. If you see someone breaking the rules, you are welcome to copy and paste their SteamID here and the reason for reporting. We will get more admins and server watchers, but meanwhile you can do this or add me to your friends list.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0