SirRobin

Let's talk about those we love to hate

86 posts in this topic

I'd love this

Is Iron Will really a villain though? Or Flim and Flam even?

Few of these are villains.

DT and SS are just bratty kids

Chrysalis was just trying to feed her children

Trixie just mildly annoys the mane 6

The timber wolves, parasprites, and hydra are just hungry animals

The jock pegasi are just dumbasses

The dragons and eels are territorial animals

Cerberus is just a big dumb puppy

The manticore was just lashing out in pain

Gilda is just rude

The teen dragons are honestly just teenagers

The diamond dogs are likely mentally ill and obsessed with gems

The Shadowbolts and Ahuizotl aren't real

That leaves the cockatrice, Discord, NMM and windagos as the villains.

Chrysalis was trying to feed her minions, but she chose to do it by over throwing a kingdom and ruin a marriage, and imprison Twilight Sparkle and Cadence in the mines where they were left to most likely die

Diamond dogs were greedy and tried to kidnap and enslave Rarity

Shadowbolts were minions for Nightmare Moon who tried to corrupt Rainbow Dash

The Teenage Dragons were trying to kill the baby phoenix eggs, and were probably going to do the same to Spike and the ponies. I wouldn't say they were good guys either

Diamond Tiara is the most evil in that picture

Also Nightmare Moon has been reformed. This was shown when Luna transformed during Nightmare Night as a prank. Since the Shadowbolts were her creations, it can be assumed that they don't even exist past the first two episodes.

But they did exist, but given form by Nightmare Moon ... though they probably no longer have that

Maybe I'm thinking too much of the fanon that says Nightmare Moon was a separate entity that had corrupted Luna. I think NM is the persona of Luna, without her restraints. This is why Luna seems so subdued

Chrysalis was trying to feed her minions, but she chose to do it by over throwing a kingdom and ruin a marriage, and imprison Twilight Sparkle and Cadence in the mines where they were left to most likely die

Chrysalis said that Equestria had more love than any place on earth (Or where ever), meaning that taking it over guarantees the changelings food for life. Taking over the kingdom is no worse than a human exterminating ants to prevent their children getting diseases from them.

Diamond dogs were greedy and tried to kidnap and enslave Rarity

Like I said, the diamond dogs probably aren't sane, so they can't really control themselves.

Shadowbolts were minions for Nightmare Moon who tried to corrupt Rainbow Dash

NMM transformed into the Shadowbolts, and something that's not real isn't evil.

The Teenage Dragons were trying to kill the baby phoenix eggs, and were probably going to do the same to Spike and the ponies. I wouldn't say they were good guys either.

Killing a phoenix is likely impossible, considering they're immortal. (They might be able to be killed, but I doubt it.)

Diamond Tiara is the most evil in that picture

Maybe I'm thinking too much of the fanon that says Nightmare Moon was a separate entity that had corrupted Luna. I think NM is the persona of Luna, without her restraints. This is why Luna seems so subdued

I can't find a link, but I do believe Lauren Faust confirmed the fanon was right on this one.

21eqfyu.jpg

Not sure if I dislike Filthy Rich or Diamond Tiara more.

I don't think there's been any evidence of Filthy being that bad of a pony.

The only thing I can think of is at the beginning when he hits the pot Granny Smith is wearing on her head with a wooden spoon.