anjirocool

PGHP Discussion

937 posts in this topic

Alright, this is our current line up (copied and pasted from my spiffy Notepad document):

Sparkle Dash- Pyro

Venlo- Soldier

Easygoin'Engie- Sniper or Scout

Nikki Lyra- Heavy or Medic

Xenmas- Engineer or Demo

(AGE) New Fluttershy- Part-time Backup Medic

Anyone that wants to join, post in this thread :D

We need-

-Spy

-Engineer or Demo

-Heavy or Medic

-Sniper or Scout

-Anypony who wants to be a backup

But I must warn you:

I'm on Eastern Standard Time and 3:30 - 8:00 is the best time for me on the weekdays.

Weekends are flexible and depend on alot of things.

I'm EST as well. It will probably end up being on the weekend, just cus everypony has so much more time then.

EST as well. My schedule should be stable within the next two weeks, but at this point, Saturday and Sunday nights (20:00 EST) look to be busy for me. Any time before then should be fine, and weekdays I should pretty much be able to make free whenever I'm needed.

Also, what's the general rollout for soldier in Highlander? Should I plan on usually playing pocket, or roaming?

Soldier is usually roaming since the Heavy is de facto pocket for the Medic. But usually when preparing for a push you should stick to the Medic and build uber (damaging yourself with rockets). Goals should be rocket jumping up and dive bombing on the enemy Medic.

3 people like this

Alright, all of us 'cept Nikki Lyra are EST. What times are you guys available?

Edited by Sparkle Dash

Just thought I'd come and clarify that my sniper is much better than my scout. So if I gotta choose, I'd rather be official sniper.

I am also located in EST, which most of us seem to be luckily.

Soldier is usually roaming since the Heavy is de facto pocket for the Medic. But usually when preparing for a push you should stick to the Medic and build uber (damaging yourself with rockets). Goals should be rocket jumping up and dive bombing on the enemy Medic.

So, the usual, pretty much.

I just wasn't sure whether or not I ought to plan on adjusting my playstyle based on the fact that more organization is involved in competitive play.

And to be more specific, I typically work until 14:00 on Saturdays, so 15~17:00 would be an ideal starting time, depending on how long matches usually run for.

Edited by Venlo

Hey, are we gonna wait 'till we get a full team to start practicing or what?

And what sever are we gonna use?

Hey, are we gonna wait 'till we get a full team to start practicing or what?

We're gonna practice once we get the schedule figured out completely, with or without a full team

And what sever are we gonna use?

Until I get the money to rent a server, we'll just use an empty public one, unless we have a volunteer to host it.

I might be able to be the (full-time) Medic for you guys, depending upon what time the matches begin and end.

It will be sometime between 5 and 11 PM EST on Fridays. :D thanks for the interest

Those times are actually very good for me, so you can go ahead and count me as the assigned medic. Also, do the practices begin today or next week?

1 person likes this

Don't use empty servers for practice because they aren't what you are going to be playing matches on, and they aren't configured for tournament mode (most of the time). Also, if the server suddenly becomes populated, you're gonna have to move to another server (where you have a different ping latency and have no idea about the configuration of HLDS).

I can let you borrow my team server if you PM me on Steam 15 minutes before you need it.

Those times are actually very good for me, so you can go ahead and count me as the assigned medic. Also, do the practices begin today or next week?

Awesome! They'll start next week, we just need to figure out specifically what time they'll be on.

I can let you borrow my team server if you PM me on Steam 15 minutes before you need it.

Thanks Rainbow, that'll help us out a lot until I can buy one :D

Looks like we're steadily forming a team and schedule, which is fantastic! That reminds me, what are we using for voice chat? (ex. ventrilo, mumble etc.)

Also, HUGE thanks to Rainbow for letting us borrow his server for practice! Would be really troublesome like ya said to use empty public servers. Anyways thanks again, really generous of you to do that.

Edited by Easygoin'Engie
1 person likes this

what are we using for voice chat? (ex. ventrilo, mumble etc.)

I have Vent, but I could just as easily get something else if there's a general preference towards it

what are we using for voice chat? (ex. ventrilo, mumble etc.)

I have Vent, but I could just as easily get something else if there's a general preference towards it

If we all have Skype...

That's be nice.