89 posts in this topic

Jack was holding his laughter in the best he can. This was humerous.

"I'm sorrry... I couldn't hear you.. What?"

"Classical. You know, good ol' Rossini & Beethoofen."

Hexus turned to Rina, and asked gently,

"Say, you being shy and all, what do you play?"

Working as a weather pony specializing in lightning still hadn't worn down his acute hearing and near-perfect pitch.

Edited by Hexus_One

Deca stood in the corner amused, listening to the multiple harmonics each pony's voice made.

It was going to be a bit of a musical period mix, eh?

"My preferences lie in line with Hexus'. This pop and rock is just noise. We need to sort out some kind of...

"Agreement. Of sorts.

"About what music we'll play..."

"Yes, that is why I called this--" The giant migraine returned. The musical gift attacking again, only, it was also a curse. He couldn't continue his talk and just held his head. The yellow dots flashed everywhere.

Hexus turned at the sudden cut-off, and watched Eight VA.

"Hey, you alright there VA? Looks like you're having a migraine and you're seeing flashing yellow dots."

((Where the hay is Octavia?))

The headache passed. "No, that's my gift and curse. These yellow dots I see are musicians. Red dots evil musicians. And then, there's that world of music that I won't get into."

There was a flush and Octavia walked back into the room. "Did I miss something?"

OOC: XD Couldn't resist. Hexus, u gunna steal Eight's girl?

"Confusion. Utter musical insanity. And mainly minor thirds. Apparently they are quite the thing these days. Or so I've heard."

((Let's see how far this goes))

The headache passed. "No, that's my gift and curse. These yellow dots I see are musicians. Red dots evil musicians. And then, there's that world of music that I won't get into."

There was a flush and Octavia walked back into the room. "Did I miss something?"

OOC: XD Couldn't resist. Hexus, u gunna steal Eight's girl?

Hexus' heart skipped two beats, the first from seeing Octavia walk in, and the other from hearing the toilet flush with the lid open. He shut his mouth from opening to mention either one.

Here it is, Hexus. You can say this.

"Not much. Just Deca going insane like usual."

Hexus trotted over to Eight, and whispered,

"She taken? Not saying I'm gonna try to cour-"

You asked the wrong pony. Good luck getting out alive.

"Oh. Right." Hexus gently coughed. "I'm gonna go, and, um."

Some part of him died on the inside. Probably the proverbial tank of liquefied hope broke down.

((I thought we were going under the assumption of shipping Octavia and Vinyl Scratch. Eh.))

"Mixed this up. MAde everything crazy"

Hexus nervously coughed.

"I doubt that. Deca would've beaten you to it."

He glanced at the near-deranged pony, who was ranting on about diminished 7ths and dissonant chords to Rina.

"On topic, what are we going to play? I suggest some Baroque. Anyone play harpsichord?"

Deca listened to to the discordant harmonies of three voices at once, noting the rapid tonal changes and diaphragmatic adjustments that accompanied each different vowel.

Inwardly, he sighed. He knew he was slightly... offset... by his musical ability, and frequently wondered how to act normal. It never worked. Like an oboe playing chords, it would never happen.

unless I bought some bagpipes...

"Anypony got some bits for a bagpipe?"

Hexus shrugged, to which he turned over his violin case. Out dropped his spare bow, his cloud-cloth and a few cakes of rosin, which chipped on the ground.

"Nope."

Mica looks through her bag and comes up with 3 bits a candy cane and some chapstick.

"This probably isn't enough but uhh, here i guess......

.She starts to eat the candy cane and tries not to attract attention

"I'll try to learn, Hexus. I can learn any instrument in about a day." Eight said.

((If you want, he can go for Harmony instead. Eight, that is.))

A portal appeared in the middle of the room. Out walked Stargazer and Carrot Top. Stargazer, however, was deep in conversation, and at first did not notice the surrounding ponies.

"-making it impossible to rip the time stream in half. And that is why- Oh, hello."

Stargazer looked around. "Well, seeing this is not Renlar 5, I am going to state the obvious. We must have over jumped the time stream."

Carrot Top looked back to him with concern. "Is that bad?" Her eyes scanned the ponies beside her.

"Oh, nothing to worry about. Sometimes this happens for a reason. This will be simple enough to fix though." Stargazer turned around to face the majority of the group.

"Excuse me, I know this might be a bit sudden, but my student, well now that doesn't sound right. I'm not really your teacher, now am I?"

"Well, you have been showing me the ropes so far."

"Yes, but I will not be able to show you everything. Sometimes you have to learn on the job. I believe the best term would be guide. Anyways, as I was saying. We are time travelers, and it appears we got off at the wrong station." At that last phrase, Stargazer chuckled to himself. "Heh, station. As if time were but a series of train tracks."

"What my guide is trying to get at," Carrot Top continued, "is we need to know the time and location of this point so that we might continue on with our journey."

"Precisely!"

"Ahhh... Stargazer my old friend... Another life, another time huh? Oh - and whilst you're here, do you have any spare bits?"

Eight looked at his watch. "June 5th, 2012. 11:57am. Ponyville Music Hall"

VB remembered. He was turning 16 tomorrow. How could he have forgotten?

((Questions: The CMC are the same age as VB's older brother, whom would be a bit over 20 right now. Do you guys care to have a grown up CMC? (Moses loves Scoot) Hexus, Harmony or Octavia? For me, that is. Should I bring in Jack Black's brother, Playfair Cypher?))

"Got it Starry?" Eight finished.

Edited by Royal Blue

Carrot Top tensed as she noticed Deca, but became confused to see her superior(or at least that is how she felt whenever she saw the way he reacted to situations. It was almost like he was made to travel time....) walk over and give Deca a hearty hug.

"It has been a while, old friend. I see you forgot I never had a cent to my name." Stargazer said, smiling halfheartedly. "Though my apprentice still doubts your allegience. She still has much to learn about time indeed."

He turned around to Carrot Top. "It's ok, CT. During this point in time Deca has already returned to the side of good."

"But we just fought him not too long ago in the time 5509."

"Yes, but timelines get fuddled up whenever one is a time traveler. We do not always follow the linear path."

At that point, Stargazer suddenly remembered the time. "Wait, did you just say June 5th, 2012 at Ponyville Music Hall?"