Rainy

Server Issues and Suggestions

764 posts in this topic

" If they do not have the Huntsman equipped, they may use Jarate with a modifiable regeneration time."

:)

The mode is either be a OP sniper or a Useless spy and you walk 

Where things like x10, Zombie fortress and TF2Ware are alot better/commonly known <---- These should be added

"Note: If a Sniper does not own the Huntsman or Jarate, they will be given a modified Pistol that fires arrows. This Pistol uses the Engineer's viewmodel, but the player appears to hold nothing in third-person view. If the Sniper owns Jarate, but not the Huntsman, they will only be able to use Jarate."

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Crabmod

Again get your fact's straight Mate.... As For x10 on funbox? no... that is heck... and could get onto the VSH side of the server...Zombie Fortress is good... but the server can go down fast... i've looked for many ZF servers but always there are zero players...TF2Ware? yeah... if i want a WarioWare Game i could get a GameCube or a dif system for that... good idea.. but i'll let Raini/Simple Decide if it gets put in or not..

I Got The Best Suggestion for a game mode to be added to Funbox..

THIS!

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=873392

The CrabMod! :pixel-dash:

Yeah, this doesn't sound very one-sided to anyone.

? i'm confused here Kumar..

This is your oppinion

Indeed it is... like i said at the end of my thing... let's let Raini/Simple decide weather or not it get's put it...

TF2Ware was something that I never actually get a good feel with when I first started coming here, and after a very long absence PLUS a solution was found to fix this game mode up, it would be a very welcoming experience for anyone who joined in this late to the server-side of the community.  As would other game modes such as zombie fortress (whichever is less broken), prop hunt, dodgeball, and if anything koth_trainsaw_laser.

i tried joining the server right now and i can't join it Q~Q it says that the server is running an older version of the game!! what the heck ish going on Q~Q it worked yesturday until todays update Q3Q please help and fix this problem T~T

Valve released a new update for TF2 and the server needs to be restarted so that the update can be applied.  The staff will get to it on their own time.

Also, typing your thread titles in all caps doesn't make them any more important.

EDIT:  Probably already been updated.  Try connecting again.

Edited by Hazard Time

The server has had consistent server-wide network lag for the past few days, including today.

Voice comms get bits and pieces of transmission, player movement hardcore teleports around, and its very difficult to play with.

It's kind of turned into something we just deal with, but its definitely not just me.

Edited by Disowned and Damaged. Inc

The server has had consistent server-wide network lag for the past few days, including today.

Voice comms get bits and pieces of transmission, player movement hardcore teleports around, and its very difficult to play with.

It's kind of turned into something we just deal with, but its definitely not just me.

This is also felt in the California server as well.  You wouldn't even get your killfeeds and in-game chat posts until 20 seconds after they have happened.

First off, I know the fact that since I am a Funbox regular, it already makes me despised around here, but I need to bring up some things. The Funbox.... well is despised for a reason. It's loud, uncontrolled, and kind of a little too silly for the average person, but it has been bringing in quite a crowd lately. As of now, the Texas server (Server #1) Ranks #34, and the Funbox Ranks #30. The Funbox also runs on PST time a lot, and yet as I type this as 10:28 PM, there are 16/32 on the Texas and 29/32 on the Funbox. Huge difference, yet the management on the Funbox is really just getting bad. It's given a 2nd hand run through of staff, and has barely enough plugins to vary with it's large player size. Biggest one? AFK Manager. The server needs one since there are not enough Moderators who frequent the Funbox to kick AFKs, and thus a lot of limited classes are idling for sometimes 5+ rounds. Chuckle one of the Funbox mods left to take the EU server since of it's recent trouble, leaving me and others with no staff to help us with rule breakers. To top that also, most mods from the Texas clearly state their dislike of the server, and do not even offer to help on it. And just as a heads up, I have about 355+ hours on the Funbox, so I know what I mean when I speak for the community. We need some new moderators there that will actually stay on there on their own liking, and a AFK manager to help with the sudden influx of players lately.

Edited by Holy Bird Pope
2 people like this

First off, I know the fact that since I am a Funbox regular, it already makes me despised around here, but I need to bring up some things. The Funbox.... well is despised for a reason. It's loud, uncontrolled, and kind of a little too silly for the average person, but it has been bringing in quite a crowd lately. As of now, the Texas server (Server #1) Ranks #34, and the Funbox Ranks #30. The Funbox also runs on PST time a lot, and yet as I type this as 10:28 PM, there are 16/32 on the Texas and 29/32 on the Funbox. Huge difference, yet the management on the Funbox is really just getting bad. It's given a 2nd hand run through of staff, and has barely enough plugins to vary with it's large player size. Biggest one? AFK Manager. The server needs one since there are not enough Moderators who frequent the Funbox to kick AFKs, and thus a lot of limited classes are idling for sometimes 5+ rounds. Chuckle one of the Funbox mods left to take the EU server since of it's recent trouble, leaving me and others with no staff to help us with rule breakers. To top that also, most mods from the Texas clearly state their dislike of the server, and do not even offer to help on it. And just as a heads up, I have about 355+ hours on the Funbox, so I know what I mean when I speak for the community. We need some new moderators there that will actually stay on there on their own liking, and a AFK manager to help with the sudden influx of players lately.

Even though I rarely play on funbox, I have to completely agree with this. Another thing I've noticed about funbox, there's a lot more younger players using the mic on there, and more rulebreakers. I've joined on there a few times and had to tell people to either stop being friendly, or to not be on the mic because they're underaged, and I either get completely ignored, or people even just tell me to shut up because I'm not an admin or something. There really does need to be some moderators that specifically play on the Funbox.

Its called the Funbox for a reason.

Yeah, where it had a handful of gamemodes like Deahrun *COUGHCOUGHvotefordeathrunCOUGHCOUGH*, Zombie Fortress, Fort Wars, Balloon and Wacky Races as well as TF2Ware before it became broken for the longest time.

And what does it have now?

Funbox isn't hated, heh...and while personally I started as a boringbox reg, I started visiting the Funbox a lot more after Cheese got added.

But I totally agree with you both that it needs more mods...and more game modes again. As for behavior problems, that used to be the case maybe 6 months ago...but not so much today. Though being someone who can act against such problems, my POV is different. For you, you see the lack of Funbox mods and assume it's worse because it takes longer for problems to be dealt with.

Edited by sarysa

Because of the lack of mods on funbox and europe, we've just added several. Hopefully they can help out with funbox and other servers. Don't be afraid to message them if there's rule breaking, keep in mind that /report sends messages to admins only, not moderators.

Unfortunately, we lack the mods to automatically convert CP and KOTH maps to work with VSP. It has to be arena/VSH maps, no others.

I think he actually meant THE Snowplow map.  As in we all play the special game mode that Valve decided to not give us.

Still waiting on koth_trainsawlaser_b4

Edited by The_Mr_Kumar

Unfortunately, we lack the mods to automatically convert CP and KOTH maps to work with VSP. It has to be arena/VSH maps, no others.

This has probably been gone over before, but does Stripper have too much overhead or incompatibilities to be put in easily? https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1621542&postcount=2527?p=1621542&postcount=2527

This has probably been gone over before, but does Stripper have too much overhead or incompatibilities to be put in easily? https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1621542&postcount=2527?p=1621542&postcount=2527

Or perhaps we can play any other gamemodes so that Funbox can actually be a Funbox server again.

And just food for thought, was there actually a class limit on the Sniper class?  And if so, why was it taken out in the first place?

And just food for thought, was there actually a class limit on the Sniper class?  And if so, why was it taken out in the first place?

Well spoiler alert, but it's probably going to be brought back in soon due to the increasing number of bosses getting accurate hitboxes. Shrinking the models was rejected by Raini and Simple, but we still want to make the hitboxes accurate.

I remember there being a limit of 3 snipers before the server split. But the snipers were also just crit boosted back then if I remember correctly.

I'd say 5 should be the max.

Precisely what I recommended. I doubt Spets will have any trouble getting Sniper, except on Crevice or MC Village...and castle canals.