Rainy

Server Issues and Suggestions

764 posts in this topic

Alright ehm I don't want to step any toes. But is this what  ponyville gives? I am from PF 2 and it was funny. I dont say thi's severs was fun. But what the hell? One map over and it's hunting the pony? over and over? Can you give some orgininal maps like ohh hightower? it's my favurite but what the else?

1 person likes this

Alright ehm I don't want to step any toes. But is this what  ponyville gives? I am from PF 2 and it was funny. I dont say thi's severs was fun. But what the hell? One map over and it's hunting the pony? over and over? Can you give some orgininal maps like ohh hightower? it's my favurite but what the else?

Did you play for more than one round?  The maps rotate every few rounds.

That's some broken english there, but real talk: We can only have Arena and VSH maps in our servers due to limitations with the Code.

(The broken maps at the moment on EU don't count as they are broken, players can respawn and the hales are buggy)

Ahh sorry for the broken english, my keyboard went nuts (need to get a new one) :P And yeah I did play more than one round Hazard hehe.

Aha I see Scoots, so my conquering days over Hightower is on hold. *sniffs*

There is our California server that should indeed have map voting which you can vote for stuff like HighTower I dunno if it's implemented in the new server yet, maybe.

It would definitely breathe new life onto the California server. Everytime I check the server browser for that, it's almost always dead.

Is the EU server ever gonna get fixed? A lot of ppl wanna play EU but can't and at this rate i don't think it's ever gonna get fixed. It seems to be stuck on Badlands and not changing becuase the vote never happend and when it does work the server crashes and stays dead for hours.. I know this is out of raini and simple's power but i wanna play there too and this is just unacceptable.

People have yet to realize that its 2 people working on such a huge mod for multiple servers.

Support them to get the thing you want to get done and have them accomplished. Debating and being demanding isn't going to speed up the process, especially when they're most likely aware of critical issues that would be affecting the servers.

Go easy on the boss pones :giddy:

Oh, and its a suggestions thread, so I suggest an Anti Ping-Mask system and the afk kicker.

Edited by Vin

Is the EU server ever gonna get fixed? A lot of ppl wanna play EU but can't and at this rate i don't think it's ever gonna get fixed. It seems to be stuck on Badlands and not changing becuase the vote never happend and when it does work the server crashes and stays dead for hours.. I know this is out of raini and simple's power but i wanna play there too and this is just unacceptable.

The short version is they're aware of the mounting problems but having issues with the provider. Though if it's lasting this long if I were them I'd just ditch said provider once their billing cycle is about to end...heh.

The short version is they're aware of the mounting problems but having issues with the provider. Though if it's lasting this long if I were them I'd just ditch said provider once their billing cycle is about to end...heh.

it's been going on for about a week now. Sorry if it came off as me forcing them. But yea now it's perma stuck on Badlands and won't ever switch maps. it just crashes and restarts after some odd hours. Actually you can't even pick a map.

Edited by Steel Crescent

Non-funbox Texas crashed 4 times today.....I have no idea what's causing it.

Might want to look into that.

1 person likes this

Double posty again.

Might get a lot of flak for this, but can we just get spells limited to Funbox, and just have them disabled on the non-funbox Texas server? I know they're currently broken on Funbox, and it's actually caused a lot of their players to play on the other server. Funbox seems to enjoy them a lot more, while non-funbox seems to despise them for the most part.

well, you shouldnt even care for a community that by no means is serious in the first place.

its not like you even play hale or a class with low ammo reserves. (regarding if there are spell engineers and no dispensers)

sorry it has to be down like this kid, but sadly there are times where you just cant have what you want.

funbox and texas will have no gameplay changes with the exception of funbox having additional gamemodes, once spells are fixed.

Edited by sansparce

Double posty again.

Might get a lot of flak for this, but can we just get spells limited to Funbox, and just have them disabled on the non-funbox Texas server? I know they're currently broken on Funbox, and it's actually caused a lot of their players to play on the other server. Funbox seems to enjoy them a lot more, while non-funbox seems to despise them for the most part.

well, you shouldnt even care for a community that by no means is serious in the first place.

its not like you even play hale or a class with low ammo reserves. (regarding if there are spell engineers and no dispensers)

spells wont be touched for a long while, as i believe thats on the bottom on simple's todo list,

because he doesnt care about them anymore. sorry it has to be down like this kid,

but sadly there are times where you just cant have what you want.

funbox and texas will have no gameplay changes with the exception of deathrun once spells are fixed.

Not true, funbox is getting the new gamemodes. Spells are an issue that I am aware of. 

Not sure where you are getting your information from about what my "to-do" list looks like or how you can speak with such conviction about things you don't possess inside knowledge of. Please edit your post.

Not true, funbox is getting the new gamemodes. Spells are an issue that I am aware of. 

Not sure where you are getting your information from about what my "to-do" list looks like or how you can speak with such conviction about things you don't possess inside knowledge of. Please edit your post.

it was only an assumption, you dont have to go strict on me, jeez.

Can you add a thing where when u type !calladmin it shows the score of the players it would be much easier to find out who is  glitching VSP. Plz reply

After the halloween update, on Funbox and probably every VSP server after every area match it says (Waiting for another player before round starts) when someone goes to blue team everybody disconnects. It's really weird. Fix This :)

Edited by GodReaper™

Any chance we can get the overall map timer shortened? Pretty sure its around half an hour. Maps just get so stale so quickly, and not to mention the extend option still exists. Honestly would want that to get removed too. I'd like if maps were shortened to ~20 minutes each.

Another thing that would be nice would be an automatic rotation for the maps, but I can see how a lot of people would dislike that. I'm just sick of playing on crevice, arenagate, and mc village 80% of the time. We have so many maps that aren't played because people don't ever vote for them. (Not to mention only like half the playerbase votes most the time anyways).

4 people like this

More map variety is always something I've been an advocate of. That second zip of maps I posted still exists somewhere.

Going below 30 minutes kind of troubles me...given the existence of an arena round and the fact a single round is expected to last up to 7 minutes, it's very possible that only 2-4 hale rounds could happen on a single map. Then like a minute of loading, another arena...plus it really sucks for new players, especially on those with slow connections...having to continuously download new maps. Even on my 75mbps connection, downloading a new map pretty much dooms me to missing out on the first round often enough.

I just don't see 20 working out well.

2 people like this

I've been playing on a FF2 which has 20 minute map time, which normally ends 2-4 hale rounds like Sarysa said and can normally be unexpected that you've played the map for a decent time.

Having both map time shortened and extension removed can be a bit too much reduction and would a few rounds, map change, etc.

Extended map votes are at the bottom of the votes (number 9) which makes it not voted so often. It's usually the popular maps like Crevice, Caste Siege, Mc Village that gets extended and when people are telling them to vote for it.

Nomination is my biggest concern when it comes to variety of maps. People can nominate every map changes without wait time (there are others that use wait time for like 10-20 mins) and only takes 3 map changes to be able to nominate again. That's why the popular maps are being played very often, and having people nominate their favorite map all the time. By only having 3 maps required to play through before being able to nominate the recently played map makes 2 often played maps played and then the same map can be nominated again.

My opinion is to remove nomination and rtv.

More map variety is always something I've been an advocate of. That second zip of maps I posted still exists somewhere.

Going below 30 minutes kind of troubles me...given the existence of an arena round and the fact a single round is expected to last up to 7 minutes, it's very possible that only 2-4 hale rounds could happen on a single map. Then like a minute of loading, another arena...plus it really sucks for new players, especially on those with slow connections...having to continuously download new maps. Even on my 75mbps connection, downloading a new map pretty much dooms me to missing out on the first round often enough.

I just don't see 20 working out well.

Understandable. I've never been one to load slowly, usually make the arena round, but I see how it could be troublesome for some. Thing is that I would like having less hale rounds per map. 20 might be a bit short, maybe 25? I would prefer constantly changing maps, to keep the server fresh, instead of just wanting to change maps after its only half way over. Things getting stale is my biggest concern.

I've been playing on a FF2 which has 20 minute map time, which normally ends 2-4 hale rounds like Sarysa said and can normally be unexpected that you've played the map for a decent time.

Having both map time shortened and extension removed can be a bit too much reduction and would a few rounds, map change, etc.

Extended map votes are at the bottom of the votes (number 9) which makes it not voted so often. It's usually the popular maps like Crevice, Caste Siege, Mc Village that gets extended and when people are telling them to vote for it.

Nomination is my biggest concern when it comes to variety of maps. People can nominate every map changes without wait time (there are others that use wait time for like 10-20 mins) and only takes 3 map changes to be able to nominate again. That's why the popular maps are being played very often, and having people nominate their favorite map all the time. By only having 3 maps required to play through before being able to nominate the recently played map makes 2 often played maps played and then the same map can be nominated again.

My opinion is to remove nomination and rtv.

I'm all for removing nomination. Not to pick specific people out, but Lrad always nominates crevice. If he's on, have to play it a lot, and I'm just sick of the map. Annoying how people have to constantly pick the same few maps over and over.

RTV though, I think needs to stay. This kind of works the opposite of nomination. You need like 70% of the server to agree that the map is bad enough to change it. If this many people don't want to play the map, why should they have to? It's different with the nomination since anyone can nominate any map whenever they want. Course with the cooldown still being there. RTV actually works against the maps getting stale, since players can force change the map if they all want to, to something they actually want to play on.

Personally, I actually think that the overall percentage of votes needs to be lowered for rtv. Make it like ~55%. If over half the players want the map changed, I think it's reasonable to change it. Rtvs are impossible to pass on a full server, since there's a lot of players that don't even say anything on chat, or might not even know what it is.

Back to the extend option, I really, really want this removed. I'm glad that it's 9 instead of 4, but it still gets voted for. Problem is that players just vote for what someone over the mic says, or spams in chat. So if one guy tells everyone to extend? People actually do it. I just want this removed completely, playing on a single map for 50 minutes is ridiculous.

I just hate the map vote in general. It comes up while you're trying to play and just gets you killed. Most people just blind vote, or press 1 just to get a rid of it. I've grown so used to my braindead pressing of 1 while it comes up, that I actually do not notice when it comes up. I literally miss the vote every game because I'm so used to pressing 1 the second I see it.

Enough ranting, I just hate the map system in general. ;~;

3 people like this