Rainy

Server Issues and Suggestions

764 posts in this topic

Well, King of the Train isn't that bad IMO. We just suffer a lot of accidental deaths from being hit by the train, that's all. The concept's pretty neat.

It's a good idea but I don't think it's a good map. It's virtually impossible to get onto the train after it's turned sideways unless your a scout or have fast reactions with one of the faster classes.

I'm all for removing ahoballs, way too one sided and makes players leave.

Para and I will be removing Ahoballs as a voteable map in the next version of Ponyvote_Party.

The new version will have Ahoballs inside the Surprise Me! present box. The map will still be around, but it will be such a random/rare chance that people won't get sick of it.

Equestria Daily just posted this. I'm not sure if it is actually a playable map or if it's just a party thing, but it loos cool enough to look into. If nothing else it could be cool for idea to add stuff to ponyvote_party.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/tf2-castlemaze-discord-map.html#more

1 person likes this

King of Trains is a good concept, it's just not executed quite right. I think a good start would be to have the train move a bit slower. At it's current speed it's just too random and hectic of a map. My two bits anyway.

Make San Jose and Dallas servers have No Random Crits and No Damage spread please.

Also if you can enable Friendly fire during pre game BEFORE normal set up time that would be great. It would give us who join early something to kill *coughandalsolevelupourstrangeweaponscough* The other 2 servers I frequent, Reddit West and r/trees servers both have this feature on and it is always fun.

I would actually like it if During settup for like 15 or 30 seconds if Friendly fire was on because i remember another server during the setup/waiting for players session there was a contest to see who could get the most friendly fire kills. i think'd it'd be a great idea for that wait time that's there.

also thanks for saying that you'll take off that balls map. i mean yeah it's a great sandvich party but that's.. really bout it.

Ponyville's become really really popular lately. Seriously, I'm extremely happy that I subscribed and became 20% cooler. I was talking to some of my buddies and they have particularly hard time getting into the server during peek hours in the afternoon / evening.I wonder if anyone else has these difficulties. I was also wondering perhaps the server size could be slightly expanded if possible? Perhaps to hold 26 or 28 players. I don't know how much of a strain that it'd cause so I understand if it's more or less not possible without compromising quality.

Edited by Kuni

The servers are actually 25 slots, but the 25th slot is used by the reserve slot bot to cycle people in and out. We would need to make the server close to 30 slots to get teams even and from my experience, things just get laggy and unbearable once you reach those numbers.

I would prefer to simply add more servers rather than expand on existing ones. I'm trying to take expansion on that front very slowly however as it is just my wallet and the generosity of donators that keeps all of this going. Right now I have enough donations to pay for all of the servers for a few months which is exactly where I want to be budget-wise.

Also, could you make it so that more people have to vote on a map in order for it to be chosen? Its annoying when 80% of the people on the vote map are partying and only 2 scouts are voting, causing it to end. Its really annoying, especially when 13 are partying while 2 are voting, causing the party to stop:(

Edited by RainbowJack79

Can we add cp_manor_event to the Dallas server rotation, at least until the Halloween event is over?

And this year's Halloween map, too, of course?

We will be adding all Halloween maps to the Dallas server in addition to the San Jose server. However, I can't add the new Halloween map to either server until it goes live. I'm waiting until that map goes live before I update anything -- otherwise I will have to update things twice.

Is there any chance of adding new sound clips when you implement this update? I'd really love the How many points do I receive? sound, along with the others from the sound topic.

Please and thank you. :pixel-rarity:

I plan on adding new sounds. Maybe not as soon as the map gets updated, but I have been working on them.

I need to individually edit each sound file to be at a quality suitable for TF2, set it to specific frequency, etc. (not to mention coding it into the plugin) so it is very time consuming. XD

Oh, I hadn't thought about that. It makes sense, though. Given the amount of work it takes to make a spray look good in TF2, I guess making sounds sound right must be a pain.

I plan on adding new sounds. Maybe not as soon as the map gets updated, but I have been working on them.

I need to individually edit each sound file to be at a quality suitable for TF2, set it to specific frequency, etc. (not to mention coding it into the plugin) so it is very time consuming. XD

can i confirm you're the one who downloaded the soundclips off my soundcloud? each one has one download and i'd like to be able to delete them to free up some minutes on my account. heh.

Edited by DrayneO

Yes, I was the one who downloaded them. Could you please pack them into a rar in the future though? It would make things so much easier for me. XD

If you guys ever want to e-mail sounds my way just send them to Nifty :heart: Nerdorable.net

The :heart: = @ (I'm trying to avoid spam bots).

Yes, I was the one who downloaded them. Could you please pack them into a rar in the future though? It would make things so much easier for me. XD

will do! thanks for confirmation. i have a time limit for the number of minutes of audio i can throw on soundcloud so yeah, i'll just rar them and throw them on mediafire next time.