Raini

Server Issues and Suggestions

764 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Aurotzel said:

About the spray thing, I'd seriously just say you should put up with it, there doesn't need to be a rule for it. People will continue to spray over your spray if you tell people not to, so just ignore it, respray it, if they continue, big deal, its just a picture. I get that some people purposely continue to spray over a specific persons spray, but if you just ignore it, they'll eventually stop.

A actual rule being put in because of it just seems like a bit much, people spray over everything and spray over stuff on accident. It's not a huge deal.

It does seem like that but I've seen 3-4 players tell this one group to cut it out and the group basically harassed the others and then the 3 players left right after the 5th time. I personally feel that this can cause new joining players to turn away from the server if they are not allow to express them self. I can turn the other cheek but new player mainly ranging from 13-20 are not that emotionally stable and I do feel that even a seemingly pointless law can help increase quality game play.

1 hour ago, Cuddleshy said:

-snip-

I can somewhat understand your concerns about people spraying over other peoples sprays, and yes i'm going to agree with Aurotzel on this, even if the spray is age appropriate it shouldn't be enforced as a rule to make it where players can't spray over other peoples sprays.

But there is a rule that is enforced if the spray is NSFW/Adult related content and this is where it's highly "Not Recommended" to spray over those peoples sprays because if an Admin/Mod is in the server at the time and has to look over it to place a Ban, it could wrongfully target the wrong player if someone else's spray is over the Bad spray during it.

But overall yes it's something you have to deal with, but if you want to be clever you can try to spray your spray in places that other players can still see it but not be able to get there themselves(included that it's age appropriate of course), sorry if this isn't much help to you. :l

Oh, and yes for getting more Quad models for Donators to use considering that more ponies and some that haven't been used as ideas before would be nice.

26 minutes ago, Zeke Aileron™ said:

I can somewhat understand your concerns about people spraying over other peoples sprays, and yes i'm going to agree with Aurotzel on this, even if the spray is age appropriate it shouldn't be enforced as a rule to make it where players can't spray over other peoples sprays.

But there is a rule that is enforced if the spray is NSFW/Adult related content and this is where it's highly "Not Recommended" to spray over those peoples sprays because if an Admin/Mod is in the server at the time and has to look over it to place a Ban, it could wrongfully target the wrong player if someone else's spray is over the Bad spray during it.

But overall yes it's something you have to deal with, but if you want to be clever you can try to spray your spray in places that other players can still see it but not be able to get there themselves(included that it's age appropriate of course), sorry if this isn't much help to you. :l

Oh, and yes for getting more Quad models for Donators to use considering that more ponies and some that haven't been used as ideas before would be nice.

The rule for no NSFW is indeed age restriction but the sprays i see are "G" Rated but still get sprayed over even by the Royal Guards/admin and while I agree it shouldn't be a reason for others to quit the server and there are alternatives such as you speak of, the majority of new players seek attachment to their spray as it what they decide to mark themselves as. Similar to the wolf marking its territory and when that mark is violated, it is both insulting and enraging. This may sound like I am overreacting but I have seen this before on other servers and even seen laws that do prohibit spraying over sprays.

6 hours ago, Cuddleshy said:

-snip-

You need to keep in mind that I'm sure 90% of people don't treat sprays as a serious thing at all. I spray over stuff on accident, I just spray my spray randomly and generally forget about it. It's just a picture in a game, it's nothing more. I get you want to look at your picture if you're just sitting around or whatever, but really, what's more interesting, looking at your picture you can look at any time, or playing the actual game?

It's just a picture to most people, people just throw their sprays around randomly, it's not a huge deal. If you compare your spray to a wolf marking it's territory, I don't know what to tell you. Just a picture.

Not to mention if this even did become a rule, would it seriously even be enforceable? I mean honestly, do you want someone to look around a map constantly to see if sprays are covered and just straight up punish people for it? It's ridiculous. The only time it becomes a legitimate issue is because people keep whining about it getting covered time and time again, and people keep covering it because they enjoy making others angry. I know this isn't very helpful, but it's just a nit picky thing to ever become a serious rule, and I don't see it as a problem that keeps happening, unless you make it into a problem yourself.

I can honestly see people trying to abuse this even by spraying their spray behind others then whining to an admin that they got sprayed over, i mean you can easily attempt to get someone in trouble over it, it's incredibly silly.

Though, if people are straight up harassing others after a while over this stuff, that's an issue on it's own, and you can of course get a mod/admin to help out with that, as long as it's not purely getting a spray covered.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Cuddleshy said:

Please add ping restrictions, Anything over 150 ping needs to be kick because it really makes it unfair.

I kind of wished you took the time to look through the forums to find posts that was relating to this, but i don't think that's the case, so i'll leave a link here regarding this since it was already talked about:

http://forum.ponyville.net/topic/7537-certain-problems-on-vsp-that-needs-to-be-clarified/?do=findComment&comment=133179

This thread has the answer for your reply and hopefully answers it. :spike101:

Edited by Zeke Aileron™

Server crashes during warm up round countdown, connection to item servers is down. VSP is currently unplayable.

2 people like this

Dont know if this is a good suggest but behind me (not in literal sense) are people who complain the lack of mods or admins when needed to catch chat spammers, etc. And seeing as the report system is 'useless' as some say. It's clear to see there is a lack of mods or admins.... So many more frequent mods? Or admins whichever.

11 hours ago, Oddgamer said:

Dont know if this is a good suggest but behind me (not in literal sense) are people who complain the lack of mods or admins when needed to catch chat spammers, etc. And seeing as the report system is 'useless' as some say. It's clear to see there is a lack of mods or admins.... So many more frequent mods? Or admins whichever.

Maybe during American hours, but i'm on pretty frequently during European hours. Maybe something that you all should keep in mind is that mods and admins also have lives, and that they can be asked to come if they aren't playing?

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, Emerald Streak said:

Maybe during American hours, but i'm on pretty frequently during European hours. Maybe something that you all should keep in mind is that mods and admins also have lives, and that they can be asked to come if they aren't playing?

Then have more admins to cover other times so people are not getting pissed at the one guy who is bugging everyone in the entire server or breaking many rules and there not being an online admin. Or find a way so any admin that is on can be called when someone uses the command to do such. Yes i do know people have lives and i respect that as they need a home to actually get on anything But the issue still persist.

Edited by Oddgamer

Dunno where else to ask this but did the EU servers disappear/stop existing? Everytime I refresh I only see NA servers.

I found out that HHH is cannot be killed plus can`t move at all meanwhile you still deal damage.Also if you unequip Cosmetics on Spy/soldier you can be minion

On 2/12/2017 at 9:04 PM, Juan Tienda said:

http://gamebanana.com/maps/191580

Adding that to the map rotation would be cool, right?

These are interesting maps for sure, though we already have mc_village_beta.

Assuming the servers aren't completely deaderino, these maps could change things up. Hard to tell since there's literally no one - at least from what I can tell - working on the server, so I'm thinking it's abandoned.