Rainy

Server Issues and Suggestions

764 posts in this topic

Not a suggestion but a bug. Please correct me if there is a place to report bugs.

We were voting for random payload on the California server, but instead we got cp_daylight, a control point map.

Please remove minecraft/minepit from this server.

Most players do not like to play it.

Red can not defend, it is poorly timed between points. There are no choke points, and no ammo packs for building sentries.

All new players and minecraft fans vote for this horrible map and we are forced to play it while dueling on moonparty.

...I think Minepit is alright. I think people should realize that the ammo packs are hidden inside certain blocks (the grey ones with the colored lines through them).

right, but even still, they are sparse..

perhaps moving it to random payload only would be better.

minepit comes out 10:1 over goldrush/upward and the other classics, which seems a bit much.

I hate pl_minepit sooooo much, people just vote for it because it's minecraft related. Same thing for koth_megaman and that zelda map. I hate it for the same reason as Friagram, there is no good places for sentries or sticky bombs to defend, the only way red can win is if everyone goes engineer. I know its the point of the mode, but in this map EVERYONE has to defend the cart, even spies and scouts(there point is to mess with blu's defense). It is also so easy to spawn camp red on this map. The points are also too close to each-other, and they add way too much time

Edited by Rainbow-Jack79

Well there is actually 1 choke point, it's near the 2nd last cart-point, in like a stone-square room. If you set up sentries and heavies in there, it's pretty hard to get through.

Thing is, most people don't get enough time to build in there because they try to defend the earlier points, so it's about timing imo.

Edited by OhHaiDare

Well there is actually 1 choke point, it's near the 2nd last cart-point, in like a stone-square room. If you set up sentries and heavies in there, it's pretty hard to get through.

Thing is, most people don't get enough time to build in there because they try to defend the earlier points, so it's about timing imo.

Technically it is a room made intentionally to be a choke point, but its really easy to kill enemies or destroy sentry guns in there. The Sticky bomb/Grenade/Rocket's splash damage can easily damage sentries/enemies from an angle that makes it impossible to be shot at by whatevers in that room. That is why most engineers prefer not to build there

1 pl_minepit 13d 23h 14m 11/25/2011 - 3:31 AM

11 koth_megaman6_b4a 7d 7h 22m 11/25/2011 - 9:21 AM

12 cp_kakariko_a3 7d 3h 46m 11/24/2011 - 8:57 PM

These 3 maps get a lot of play appearantly.. Minepit gets tons.

28 cp_toy_fort_elite 4d 6h 33m 11/22/2011 - 9:32 PM

33 plr_whalerace_a4a 4d 0h 22m 11/25/2011 - 8:49 AM

Toyfort and whalerace are pretty popular as well among new players, but the veteran players don't seem to like them.

I think it's ok because they don't seem to come up THAT often.

Personally I think degroot keep would be OK if enabled if it came up as often as whale/toyfort.

Also, is it a bug that we cannot vote for random maps multiple times? There is the error message that we have already partied on that map when we attempt to break the random payload box again or whatever. Are randoms supposed to be limited?

Some people have requested baloon race maps on the votemap server.

Also, the donkey kong map went over pretty well when it came up.

Another thing, is it possible to use alltalk and also teamtalk?

I know there are some sourcemods out there that allow this, but I don't know if it's running on the server. And there are different ones:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=99324 (alltalk on, alltalk defalut, team talk with binds)

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=99324 (alltalk off, teamtalk default, alltalk with binds)

Edited by friagram

1 pl_minepit 13d 23h 14m 11/25/2011 - 3:31 AM

11 koth_megaman6_b4a 7d 7h 22m 11/25/2011 - 9:21 AM

12 cp_kakariko_a3 7d 3h 46m 11/24/2011 - 8:57 PM

These 3 maps get a lot of play appearantly.. Minepit gets tons.

28 cp_toy_fort_elite 4d 6h 33m 11/22/2011 - 9:32 PM

33 plr_whalerace_a4a 4d 0h 22m 11/25/2011 - 8:49 AM

Toyfort and whalerace are pretty popular as well among new players, but the veteran players don't seem to like them.

I think it's ok because they don't seem to come up THAT often.

Personally I think degroot keep would be OK if enabled if it came up as often as whale/toyfort.

Also, is it a bug that we cannot vote for random maps multiple times? There is the error message that we have already partied on that map when we attempt to break the random payload box again or whatever. Are randoms supposed to be limited?

Some people have requested balloon race maps on the votemap server.

Also, the donkey kong map went over pretty well when it came up.

Another thing, is it possible to use alltalk and also teamtalk?

I know there are some sourcemods out there that allow this, but I don't know if it's running on the server. And there are different ones:

http://forums.allied...ead.php?t=99324 (alltalk on, alltalk defalut, team talk with binds)

http://forums.allied...ead.php?t=99324 (alltalk off, teamtalk default, alltalk with binds)

There is, it just randomly comes up in the "Surprise Me!" box.

Whale Race is the absolutely worst map ever... It's short, pointless, and often time takes longer to load than play through...

I suggest we replace it with something else... perhaps:

Robot Unicorn Attack (Come on, this is a brilliant map based off of a even more brilliant game)

or even

Laser Death Cat (for the lols)

I really think the Robot Unicorn Attack map would be really popular, given the theme and the server... Thoughts?

Whale Race SUCKS... it needs to be smote. It's a very short, very limiting map and it never takes very long to win the race... it's not fun.

The suggested maps that Pinkamena Pie suggested look more interesting and probably more fun than whale race. I vote for a substitution.

uNicorn map looks pretty win if it runs well.

What we need is something new/unique, like..

Ut99 had the best attack/defend maps, I doubt most of you even played them, but here are two that were great

I could work on porting it if it has not been done already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csMYV9CjfpQ

Basically you defend points, when the attacking team destroys the objective, a door opens up, and the defending team has to fall back. Really really fun.

I think frigate and train were my favorites, they were all pretty badass though.

If anyone would want to work on this project with me, I think it would be a fun one, and the nostalgia...

Edited by friagram

Whale Race is the absolutely worst map ever... It's short, pointless, and often time takes longer to load than play through...

I suggest we replace it with something else... perhaps:

Robot Unicorn Attack (Come on, this is a brilliant map based off of a even more brilliant game)

or even

Laser Death Cat (for the lols)

I really think the Robot Unicorn Attack map would be really popular, given the theme and the server... Thoughts?

We have the Robot Unicorn Attack map on the server. I think it is in the Surprise Me! box. The problem with both of these maps is that they are currently broken and the map creators have done nothing to fix them. The Robot Unicorn Attack map is still playable, but it is broken enough for us not to want people voting for it regularly.

See too much/want to prevent team stacks on Dallas? Enable auto team scramble at the beginning of a game. The Reddit West TOO server does this and I think it is a great idea to get a somewhat fair team at the begging of a game.

See too much/want to prevent team stacks on Dallas? Enable auto team scramble at the beginning of a game. The Reddit West TOO server does this and I think it is a great idea to get a somewhat fair team at the begging of a game.

Yeah, this is a massive problem on Dallas, especially when a lot of the good regulars join on.

Not only on dallas. It is a pretty big problem that scramble command is disabled on the california server as well. Sure the matches dont last that long and it has rtv but somehow more often than not teams are terribly lopsided from the beginning of the round and I can't do anything about it because there is no scramble. Rtv is an option, but sometimes its just a good map and a lot of people never rtv.

Definitely need a team scramble plugin for Dallas at the least. You get one well known, skilled player and everybody's gonna stack on that player's team.

Also I would hesitantly suggest class limits. Sometimes it's fun to roll out with an all-heavy team as a joke but on the other hand, I'm sick of seeing one team roll nothing but engineers on defense and have the offense team's response to that be to roll a bunch of snipers who don't do anything. I know how contentious the idea of class limits are so I'm not holding my breath on it.

I'm kinda iffy on the class limits too, its fun doing an all class rush, but facing down 4 engies at Dustbowl 3-2 is not fun at all. I think maybe a limit on Engineer would do, I will miss the mini-sentry rushes, but for the sake of balance we must consider it.