Sonic Rain

How was your Day?

304 posts in this topic

I had ups and downs today, I tried to play the piano (total disaster), got a B+ on a math test (the test was for checking out how good my math is in overall), and now I'm feeling home sick :/

*hug*

I know how the piano is :\ I couldn't play to save my life, however my girlfriend has like super powers or something because I have never heard anything more beautiful of elegant in my life :|

^_^ good job on your math test ^_^ B+ is great :D

and I am sorry to hear that you are feeling home sick :( *hugs* but your family will always be there for you ^_^

Edited by Sonic Rain

My prom is this weekend ^_^

but then again, next two weeks are going to be evil academically O_O

I have so much work that is being assigned right now O_O

I can't decide if I want this weekend to come or not :|

Edited by Sonic Rain

Anypony have anything awesome planned for this weekend?

Yes! Anyone here ever go to a Relay for Life? It's a charity event for the American Cancer Society, but not an actual relay. There's a track to walk on and each team that's signed up has to have someone walking on the track at all times. But really, other than that it's just a big social gathering. This year it starts at Noon on Saturday and ends at 6am Sunday.

Usually teams are groups from schools or local businesses. But my friends and I run our own team that's just us. This is our big annual get together, like a mini high school reunion that started when we were still in high school.

But no it's fantastic, we get to hang out with friends we haven't seen in a while and eat tons of food. We make it a point to order Fox's largest size pizza. Because, well, look at it.

tumblr_ln2pk8KkJL1qhoeeno1_500.jpgIt's enormous.

Lots of prep work to do tonight and tomorrow though, so for the moment I'm in a Lesson Zero Twilight mindset. But hey it's fine it'll all be fine. The day isn't over yet!

1 person likes this

Today was exhausting. I did some work for my school district's tech department for most of the day. This involved lifting many computers and pushing tables. Afterward, I had to go mow a neighbor's lawn. But tomorrow morning I'll be relaxing on a plane to California to visit family :)

@Sonic

It is pretty nice. :D It is work to put together though, good old crunch time atm.

Have a good prom though, man. And best of luck on assignments, you can do it!

@Trumpet

Family vacation in California? Nice.

Man, I don't think I've ever been more than 200 miles away from home.

1 person likes this

@Sonic

It is pretty nice. :D It is work to put together though, good old crunch time atm.

Have a good prom though, man. And best of luck on assignments, you can do it!

@Trumpet

Family vacation in California? Nice.

Man, I don't think I've ever been more than 200 miles away from home.

Thank you ^_^...I wish I could go to Califor....oh wait, never mind :P I live there....I want to go up to Washington ^_^

Anypony have anything awesome planned for this weekend?

(Words)

(Moar Words)

...We make it a point to order Fox's largest size pizza. Because, well, look at it.

tumblr_ln2pk8KkJL1qhoeeno1_500.jpgIt's enormous.

*Jack walks in*

"What are you eating?" :D

I had ups and downs today, I tried to play the piano (total disaster), got a B+ on a math test (the test was for checking out how good my math is in overall), and now I'm feeling home sick :/

Don't go bumming about the piano, I never had the patience to learn, too many keys, not enough bass! :P Timpanis are where its at!!!

I'm sorry you're feeling homesick man, how long have you been viking for? Can you yet remember the face of yer sweet lass back home? (Damn my Scottish blood coming through! :P )

3 people like this

Relay was amazing for all the wrong reasons.

The pizza went up like $20, but they like my relay team so we got a 10% discount. So awesome there, but now it's story time. Incoming text wall. tl;dr after the spoiler because man did I write a lot. I reccomend it unless you're curious to details. Just needed to vent a little.

So for the past two years I've done a slideshow featuring names of people who have survived cancer or have passed away. Once sun sets it's displayed on a projector until sunrise. I collect names via email and in person at the meetings leading up to the relay. My deadline for getting names in is a few days before, and I organise the names in a Last Name, First Name fashion. This keeps families together in the presentation. It's nice and is a crowd pleaser.

This year however, this went bad. It took me months to get them to post my contact info for people to send names in. They didn't post it on the website until a week before, and they didn't email my contact info out until Wednesday morning, the day of my due date.The person in charge of the event also told people that were buying Luminaria Bags on the day of the event, that the names of the people the bags were in honor of would be on the slideshow. As in, without my consent they wanted me editing into the slideshow as the event was going on. This is something I never said I would do and I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea. You can't alphabetise they slideshow in that amount of time, the only thing you'd be able to do is slap it together rather sloppily. When I'm doing something that involves honoring the dead, I'd rather not slap it together last minute. To me, that's disrespectful.

So anyway, I thought everything was going fine when I got there. I had a few people try and give me names, which was odd, but I told them I stopped taking names Wednesday. Much later one of the higher ups came up to me and asked me how the slideshow was going. He wanted to know why I wasn't accepting names, I told him it was because it was past the due date. He said something along the lines of "These people don't care about due dates" He then came up with the worst solution ever. They were going to find another person to slap together a second slideshow for these late names, and swap the two laptops from the projector as each slideshow makes a run. Yeah, because someone is going to stand around to do that.

Sunset came, I set up my slideshow, it ran for a while. Someone showed up with the second laptop. They asked me to do the plug switching. I declined, as I wasn't going to switch plugs for the rest of the night. She said it wouldn't be on all night. I said I've always played mine all night. She said if I wasn't going to swap cables, she would go find someone who would. Then she never came back.

Then much later the head of the event came to me and asked me to swap the laptops for a bit because mine had been running for a while already. (Also, she doesn't know how. Because computers.) At this time someone was recording a full run of mine on their iphone so I had to wait. Two of my friends were with me at the time, giving me support. At first, I was going to do it. She had played sympathy cards on me, with a worn out look on her face and stating that "People are looking forward to these names being up there" But because we had to wait for the person recording, it gave time for reflection.

They promised this, not me. Why am I cleaning up their mess. Why is my work being tossed aside because they never listened to me when I've been talking about my deadline for over a month? They never told me they wanted me to take names today, yet they promised others that I would. They made a promise on my behalf without my consent. I take promises very seriously, this is something I can't stand for. This isn't my mess, this is theirs, and they're going to clean it up. For the sake of comparison, I was sick of being a

. We then had an argument, and I stood up against an authority figure without swaying for the first time I can remember in a while. I told her I could not switch the laptops because this wasn't my promise to make and it wasn't my problem. I was then fired from doing the slideshow and asked to take my laptop away. I did and left them to their own devices. After maybe an hour of unlabelled slides where you couldn't tell what names were coming up or if the names were for survivors or victims, their computer locked. The screen turned off and there was projector blue screen for the rest of the time it was on. Which was actually quite a while.

tl;dr

With moral support from my best friends, I stood my ground against an authority figure after being taken for granted and ignored for weeks. Very "Putting Your Hoof Down" esque. Then we had giant pizza together and watched Evil Dead 2. My day was awesome and I have a renewed sense of self respect.

Then we grilled Twinkies, which actually tastes amazing.

3 people like this

*brohoof* /) You did nothing wrong and I have to say that I admire you for standing up for yourself like that ^_^

If they fire you for doing your job, then that is their loss and they will have a heck of a time finding anybody that could even come close to comparing to you...

Well done sir...well done ^_^

I am glad that I helped ^_^

(I really feel awkward when people thank me for speaking the truth because I have no idea how to respond, and if I say "your welcome" then it gives the feeling that I was not being sincere.....which could not be farther from the truth :P)

Haha, I pull blunt cards like that all the time.

It's like, oh no what do I say because of I say this it'll sound like I didn't mean it and if I say something else it doesn't work either! And then before you know it you're all worked up and you only need to say like two or three words. So you just explain your thought pattern. It's nice to see I'm not the only one who does this.

Same here :P I can have a perfect conversation but the goodbyes always feel awkward to me O_O they say "goodbye" and I say "goodbye" then they say goodbye again and it gets really awkward and quiet O_O

Relay was amazing for all the wrong reasons.

The pizza went up like $20, but they like my relay team so we got a 10% discount. So awesome there, but now it's story time. Incoming text wall. tl;dr after the spoiler because man did I write a lot. I reccomend it unless you're curious to details. Just needed to vent a little.

So for the past two years I've done a slideshow featuring names of people who have survived cancer or have passed away. Once sun sets it's displayed on a projector until sunrise. I collect names via email and in person at the meetings leading up to the relay. My deadline for getting names in is a few days before, and I organise the names in a Last Name, First Name fashion. This keeps families together in the presentation. It's nice and is a crowd pleaser.

This year however, this went bad. It took me months to get them to post my contact info for people to send names in. They didn't post it on the website until a week before, and they didn't email my contact info out until Wednesday morning, the day of my due date.The person in charge of the event also told people that were buying Luminaria Bags on the day of the event, that the names of the people the bags were in honor of would be on the slideshow. As in, without my consent they wanted me editing into the slideshow as the event was going on. This is something I never said I would do and I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea. You can't alphabetise they slideshow in that amount of time, the only thing you'd be able to do is slap it together rather sloppily. When I'm doing something that involves honoring the dead, I'd rather not slap it together last minute. To me, that's disrespectful.

So anyway, I thought everything was going fine when I got there. I had a few people try and give me names, which was odd, but I told them I stopped taking names Wednesday. Much later one of the higher ups came up to me and asked me how the slideshow was going. He wanted to know why I wasn't accepting names, I told him it was because it was past the due date. He said something along the lines of "These people don't care about due dates" He then came up with the worst solution ever. They were going to find another person to slap together a second slideshow for these late names, and swap the two laptops from the projector as each slideshow makes a run. Yeah, because someone is going to stand around to do that.

Sunset came, I set up my slideshow, it ran for a while. Someone showed up with the second laptop. They asked me to do the plug switching. I declined, as I wasn't going to switch plugs for the rest of the night. She said it wouldn't be on all night. I said I've always played mine all night. She said if I wasn't going to swap cables, she would go find someone who would. Then she never came back.

Then much later the head of the event came to me and asked me to swap the laptops for a bit because mine had been running for a while already. (Also, she doesn't know how. Because computers.) At this time someone was recording a full run of mine on their iphone so I had to wait. Two of my friends were with me at the time, giving me support. At first, I was going to do it. She had played sympathy cards on me, with a worn out look on her face and stating that "People are looking forward to these names being up there" But because we had to wait for the person recording, it gave time for reflection.

They promised this, not me. Why am I cleaning up their mess. Why is my work being tossed aside because they never listened to me when I've been talking about my deadline for over a month? They never told me they wanted me to take names today, yet they promised others that I would. They made a promise on my behalf without my consent. I take promises very seriously, this is something I can't stand for. This isn't my mess, this is theirs, and they're going to clean it up. For the sake of comparison, I was sick of being a

. We then had an argument, and I stood up against an authority figure without swaying for the first time I can remember in a while. I told her I could not switch the laptops because this wasn't my promise to make and it wasn't my problem. I was then fired from doing the slideshow and asked to take my laptop away. I did and left them to their own devices. After maybe an hour of unlabelled slides where you couldn't tell what names were coming up or if the names were for survivors or victims, their computer locked. The screen turned off and there was projector blue screen for the rest of the time it was on. Which was actually quite a while.

tl;dr

With moral support from my best friends, I stood my ground against an authority figure after being taken for granted and ignored for weeks. Very "Putting Your Hoof Down" esque. Then we had giant pizza together and watched Evil Dead 2. My day was awesome and I have a renewed sense of self respect.

Then we grilled Twinkies, which actually tastes amazing.

Somehow, I'm imagining your "last stand" being like Putting your Hoof Down, with you being firm and aggressive, but reasonable.

I feel asleep in my government class today, except instead of slamming a book on my desk like he normally would, my teacher let me sleep :3 probably because I have the highest grade in the class but either way I felt pretty good about it when I woke up :)

All-in-all, it was an okay day :P

my day started out okay, went to play golf with the most awesome teacher ever, ate pizza for lunch with him and a girl that goes to this school, talked about if I was gay (wich I came to the conclusion that I'm not at all sexually attracted to men).... and now I just don't know what happened, I'm in my bathroom crying for no reason..... :'(

D: stupid screen...preventing me from giving you the hugs that I want to give so badly...

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy...I wish I could be there for you :(

But the mist I can do is *hugs* and tell you that well all care for you very much...

Almost lost this topic. I like it, it's like extended status updates.

Hope you're feeling better after these few days Owonyc. Wish I could say/do more but I'm kind of stuck being text. :/

Now then, to keep the topic moving. The other day I went to the store to buy ponies for my friends that were my moral support at the relay (It just so happens they're the only two in my circles of friends that watch the show)

So there I am among the toys, with my arms full of ponies looking for the right ones, when an old friend walks by down the main asile. Now when I say old friend I mean, guy who was once my best friend but we had a falling out and don't particularly like each other any more. Luckily though, he didn't see me. But man, those five seconds, that was stressful.

They've both received their gifts now and love them. They have Applejack and Fluttershy, and I have Rainbow Dash.

Don't know how they're going to handle them, but I'm going to attempt to customize RD's hair. It's all wrong. Come on Hasbro.

Before

hni0054mpor.jpg

After

hni0055mpo.jpg

Already done this much, waiting for the right tutorial to decided if I want to risk cutting anything.

And the glasses are part of a business card blacked out with sharpie.

Edited by Rad-man

I completely forgot about this thread. Good thing Rad-man brought it back up. :D

Yesterday and today were great. I ordered that Rarity plushie yesterday. Yay!

I was with my parents and sister today. We just went around shopping for things for my sister's graduation party (Just dresses for her) and some random stuff. It was mostly looking around instead of buying. Also, I treated my dad for lunch (or Dinner. I don't know what eating at 4:45 PM counts as) for Father's Day which the bill ended up being $81 and I paid for all of it. Now I have no money. :/

Yesterday was my birthday party....it was really funny because my dad is the only one that doesn't know about ponies...so the part with open presents and ponies being there was really funny XD

I managed to get away with only two injuries this year :3 so success and my Girlfriend got me a companion cube plushie :3

but besides stuff it was just nice to see all of my friends together having a good time...except for one of my good friends who was having troubles with her boyfriend that was entirely MY fault...but I have to say...at least I am exposing a bad boy friend :P....