Sonic Rain

How was your Day?

304 posts in this topic

Also, I treated my dad for lunch (or Dinner. I don't know what eating at 4:45 PM counts as) for Father's Day which the bill ended up being $81 and I paid for all of it. Now I have no money. :/

Hurrah for teetering on the edge of broke! Money keeps leaving as soon as it comes over here too. But you got a nice dinner out of it so that's nice. And a future Rarity plushie, which is sure to be awesome.

Yesterday was my birthday party.

Well then, happy belated birthday man!

Have a youtube video.

That is my favorite clip from asdfmovies XD thanks...

So Today I went into Finals without studying at all and did great....so I have 3 guaranteed A's now

My week has been, eventful in a small way.

So I go to fencing practice once a week. (on weeks I'm not working anyway) But this week it was different. Because it's been in the 90s lately, we went to the beach. It was a big social gathering rather than a practice, a good time was had. Lasted from 5-11 I believe. Alone there isn't much to say, we swam in the water and ate out later. The point is, it was a long time of just socializing.

Now the next thing about this week is just my activity in these forums. Maybe it's not a lot to some of you, but I have talked a ton the past day or so. Through some PMs, or just in the "Alone in a Crowd" thread. I even made a topic.

I've got a case of social anxiety or something, and all this socializing was a strain on it. I've spent near all my time focused on who's saying what, are they reading what I posted, do they even care, worrying worrying worrying. Point is, I have been quite social this week and have been waay out of my comfort zone on the verge of a panic attack of sorts. Wouldn't know though, as I've never had one. If panic attacks are actually much worse of a thing I don't mean to make light of them. My heart was pounding pretty hard though, I was just a bundle of nerves.

But this is not at all a bad thing in my eyes. This is actually a great thing. I feel good enough here that I can go out of my comfort zone from time to time. Usually I just be quiet and let topics or discussions go on without me and just kinda lurk. But I feel I've made real progress lately, and it's thanks to this community. It'll be quite a while before I regularly converse without feeling all awkward or whatever, but I've made progress this week, and that's awesome. Gonna punch anxiety in the face.

Anyone have a good day or week? An open house with interesting food? Shopping for anything interesting for the 4th of July here in the states?

1 person likes this

Fifes and drums were playing all day:

2:30pm: I woke up

3pm to 4pm: Line Battle event.

5pm to 7pm: Making plans for a Mount and Blade Warband mod

8pm to 10pm: joined Napoleonic Wars with friends. Obliterated the Prussian army with my french Voltigeurs

10pm to 12pm: Conquest/Line Battle event in a huge map. Took forever but we won (huzzah!)

12:15am: Posting this now... (while listening to fife and drums music xP)

My week has been, eventful in a small way.

So I go to fencing practice once a week. (on weeks I'm not working anyway) But this week it was different. Because it's been in the 90s lately, we went to the beach. It was a big social gathering rather than a practice, a good time was had. Lasted from 5-11 I believe. Alone there isn't much to say, we swam in the water and ate out later. The point is, it was a long time of just socializing.

Now the next thing about this week is just my activity in these forums. Maybe it's not a lot to some of you, but I have talked a ton the past day or so. Through some PMs, or just in the "Alone in a Crowd" thread. I even made a topic.

I've got a case of social anxiety or something, and all this socializing was a strain on it. I've spent near all my time focused on who's saying what, are they reading what I posted, do they even care, worrying worrying worrying. Point is, I have been quite social this week and have been waay out of my comfort zone on the verge of a panic attack of sorts. Wouldn't know though, as I've never had one. If panic attacks are actually much worse of a thing I don't mean to make light of them. My heart was pounding pretty hard though, I was just a bundle of nerves.

But this is not at all a bad thing in my eyes. This is actually a great thing. I feel good enough here that I can go out of my comfort zone from time to time. Usually I just be quiet and let topics or discussions go on without me and just kinda lurk. But I feel I've made real progress lately, and it's thanks to this community. It'll be quite a while before I regularly converse without feeling all awkward or whatever, but I've made progress this week, and that's awesome. Gonna punch anxiety in the face.

Anyone have a good day or week? An open house with interesting food? Shopping for anything interesting for the 4th of July here in the states?

I don't know whether I should have liked this or not because it is good that you are opening up to new things that you may not feel comfortable with...but then again I don't want you to hurt yourself with these panic attacks.....so I just liked it anyways :P

anyways....answering your question...my days have been super wishy-washy...I can't decide whether they are trying to make me happy or make me sad....so much bad stuff and good stuff has been happening that it got to the point where now I am just plain confused :P

So I am just going to say that I could be better, but I am pretty good :)

how are you?

I don't know whether I should have liked this or not because it is good that you are opening up to new things that you may not feel comfortable with...but then again I don't want you to hurt yourself with these panic attacks.....so I just liked it anyways :P

All this is worth it because, in the end, there was never anything to worry about. It's something I know, but I need to teach my subconscious. I know I'm talking about having anxiety issues and nerves, but I've also got a ton of fighting spirit to counter act it. It's hard to describe, emotions ya know?

Basically, I'm excited. I'm pushing my social boundaries and beating my irrational fears.

1 person likes this

All this is worth it because, in the end, there was never anything to worry about. It's something I know, but I need to teach my subconscious. I know I'm talking about having anxiety issues and nerves, but I've also got a ton of fighting spirit to counter act it. It's hard to describe, emotions ya know?

Basically, I'm excited. I'm pushing my social boundaries and beating my irrational fears.

Well then I will be rooting for you the entire way ^_^

Almost got called into work, but slept though the call. Went to the beach, but then it rained us out and now the sky is a weird shade of orange. Internet may go down later. :/

I know it was hot in a lot of places, what'd everybody do to beat the heat?

I went for a bike ride up a mountain :3

Today started bad with my usual "Think of more reasons to hate myself" routine...I can't help it...it is just how my brain works...

Then I went for a ride to clear my mind and got some nice pics ^_^ then I went to Ruby's house and we messed around on some computer games for a bit

Then I came home to some Zombies with my Bro only to have my dad walk in and change the channel and later have my sister do the same thing....because I am apparently worthless to my family :\

So yeah...that was my day :\

It's unfortunate when everyone's attention competes over one thing (TV) in the family. It helps to have a secondary interest, usually some form of creativity like writing.

My days have been getting slowly better, especially with the prospect of working for a game development company that makes simulations for the military. I need to consider whether I can find that sort of development "fun" but that's for later.

I know it was hot in a lot of places, what'd everybody do to beat the heat?

78℉ here. So what did I do? Opened up all the windows and enjoyed it... :D

[...]Then I came home to some Zombies with my Bro only to have my dad walk in and change the channel and later have my sister do the same thing....

I'm going to ignore all the downer talk, because we both know that sh*t's not true. ಠ_ಠ

The next time there is a riot, you need to 'rescue' yourself a television, so that you can have a second set that is all yours! :P

1 person likes this

[...]Then I came home to some Zombies with my Bro only to have my dad walk in and change the channel and later have my sister do the same thing....

I'm going to ignore all the downer talk, because we both know that sh*t's not true. ಠ_ಠ

The next time there is a riot, you need to 'rescue' yourself a television, so that you can have a second set that is all yours! :P

The time that we had was fun ^_^....but just changing the channel like that is so rude :\ and my sister does like to take the TV whenever she can....

but sadly my dad wouldn't even let me buy my own TV :\

Yeah, my parents want me to sacrifice my day just so they can have their party tomorrow that I will be left out of (thankfully)

Tiring and sweaty, but I got a lot of work done that i've been putting off for ages.

Even more tiring and sweaty. I sat in a steel yard and used a hacksaw to cut through a buttload of steel for I don't know how long, but I worked off the lactic acid in the muscles, so I'm not even sore anymore.

We're building a CNC though, so i'm pretty stoked.

Tiring and sweaty, but I got a lot of work done that i've been putting off for ages.

Even more tiring and sweaty. I sat in a steel yard and used a hacksaw to cut through a buttload of steel for I don't know how long, but I worked off the lactic acid in the muscles, so I'm not even sore anymore.

We're building a CNC though, so i'm pretty stoked.

what's a CNC?

what's a CNC?

Computer Numerical Control. It's those machines you see all the time with a drill hooked up that cuts all kinds of stuff automatically. Like you see them all the time in the show How it's Made

Edited by Calzone

Woke up at 0450.

Ran just over 4 miles, was able to hang with the formation for over 3 before my bad ankle gave out... Continued running, just at a slower pace...

Went to physical therapy for an hour for said ankle...

Came home, showered, ate, played some L4D with Rarity...

Mixed myself a vodka and cranberry (first real drink in a while, since I cut 99% of sugar, alcohol, starches, and carbs derived from grains)

Posted on ponyville...

Pretty much my day up to this point...

Woke up at 0450.

Ran just over 4 miles, was able to hang with the formation for over 3 before my bad ankle gave out... Continued running, just at a slower pace...

Went to physical therapy for an hour for said ankle...

Press ESC, go to settings, Advanced settings, and turn the difficulty of your life from HardCore to normal.

2 people like this