Forum Steam Integration

22 posts in this topic

You can now log into your account on the forums using Steam!

To use this, go to your User CP (Click on your name in the header, then My Settings), click "Manage Steam" in the sidebar, and then connect using the green button. After you do this, you will no longer have to use your forum email and password if you don't want to.

Do not log in using Steam until you connect a forum account. This will cause you to create another account.

Please post any problems you have in this topic.

~Dash

so does this mean we can trade our forum boutique items for TF2 items directly through Steam?

I figure the birthday cake is worth at least 2 refined...

NEW: Connecting to Steam now shows a small badge in your profile.

We will be truncating the old Steam ID profile system, so please connect to Steam to show your account in your profile. This system is more efficient because you no longer have to update your profile each time you change your custom URL.

What about badges through the [steamprofile] tag? Because mine is outdated.

If that badge is outdated, you will need to sign in through steamprofile.com and it will recache your profile. We have no control of this.

There's one problem with that, though: steamprofile.com isn't getting my custom URL.

I told ya steamprofile.com is lame!

There's one problem with that, though: steamprofile.com isn't getting my custom URL.

I told ya steamprofile.com is lame!

Weird. I might write my own solution sometime in the future, but that requires me to dust off some old libraries and get my server configured for those. For now, this will have to do.

Speaking of the Steam Profile BBCode, I've updated it so it now opens URLs in a new window.

I'm liking the idea.

On another note, how do I set up Steamprofile.com thing on my signature? Might be useful...

Edited by Kochi

I'm liking the idea.

On another note, how do I set up Steamprofile.com thing on my signature? Might be useful...

[steamprofile](your custom URL name)[/steamprofile]
EX:
[steamprofile]datplot[/steamprofile]

The Steam profile field has been entirely truncated as of this post. You will now need to connect your Steam account to share your Steam profile.

The Steam profile BBCode has been updated to use a different site. The other one was crap IMO.

The Steam profile BBCode has been updated to use a different site. The other one was crap IMO.

Told ya.

Steamsignature.com appears to be suspended so Steam sigs will be broken until this is fixed.