• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 SMOR3S

SMOR3S

Cutie Mark Crusader

• Brony

Steam Profile

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

I just want to hold her in my arms and never let her go.... people pick on her, cause she is an easy target, and she looks so defenseless... Why do people in this world chose to make fun of the helpless... why are we forced to just sit here and accept this, like it's the only choice we have.... It sucks hard, cause people post cruel, and mean photos of Derpy getting hurt, or getting punish/humiliated, and that's what pisses me off... I can't stand it, I just want to help so fucking much, but I can't anymore... idk.... If I stop caring about the Save Derpy thing, then it seems that I am abandoning both her, and the fandom for what it stands for. I just don't know anymore... I want to fight and try to preserve what I can, but honestly it just seems useless... Why do people have to complain, and take away what we want.... If I could ask for one thing in this world, I would ask for Derpy to just be her..... For her to be what she is, and for her to live her life without needless change....

By now I sound like a crazed mental patient, but idk, I put all my heart into things I love, and this show has taught me so much about loving, and caring.... I just don't want my memories to be ruined, and to be tainted by all this hate....

I feel a bit better now, I really had to get this off my chest.....

Umm.... so ya.... let the flaming begin I guess?, cause honestly I expect that.... :/

*EDIT* Fixed typos..... Ya I tend to mispell when I am ranting :/

Edited by SMOR3S, 10 June 2012 - 09:25 AM.

#2 McCloud

McCloud

Blank Flank

• Brony

Steam Profile

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

Well, I really know how you feel, but I didnt know that people where being mean to Derpy like that, I thought everyone loved her! It makes me really sad to hear that, I mean all she wanted was to be in the spotlight for a few seconds and thats what she got, only to end up being changed because eryone was so mean to her, I really dont understand how anyone could possibly hate such an adorable pony, I mean, youd have to be completely emotionless to hate her! It makes me so angry that people can be so mean it makes me want to punch something and I dont mean my usual light punch, but at the same time, it makes me so sad I want to cry, I mean, I litterally cried like a baby when I saw that save Derpy video on Youtube but I feel so hopeless knowing theirs nothing I can do... :'(
GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE! THE GOVERNMENT DOES!

#3 SMOR3S

SMOR3S

Cutie Mark Crusader

• Brony

Steam Profile

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

Well, I really know how you feel, but I didnt know that people where being mean to Derpy like that, I thought everyone loved her! It makes me really sad to hear that, I mean all she wanted was to be in the spotlight for a few seconds and thats what she got, only to end up being changed because eryone was so mean to her, I really dont understand how anyone could possibly hate such an adorable pony, I mean, youd have to be completely emotionless to hate her! It makes me so angry that people can be so mean it makes me want to punch something and I dont mean my usual light punch, but at the same time, it makes me so sad I want to cry, I mean, I litterally cried like a baby when I saw that save Derpy video on Youtube but I feel so hopeless knowing theirs nothing I can do... :'(

I was in emotion destress for a few days after the whole ordeal... I cried for a week almost, even just for no reason... I really never get like this, but it's something about the Derpy thing that just gets to me... I don't understand it, cause I never act like this.... I really feel like I want to make a change...... :/

Btw here are some photos of what I was talking about.... view at your own risk...

http://twentypercent.../post/show/4543

http://fuckbronies.d...t.com/#/d4v604c

http://curtsibling.d...973919#/d4rqbg1

These people make me sick... -_-

#4 Chief Wolfee

Chief Wolfee

Blank Flank

• Brony

Steam Profile

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

Derpy hooves is one of the best characters ever...why do people hate her now...next to lyra, vinyl, Octavia and aj...she's my favorite...

I am no hero, nor am I a savior; I am man, like you.

#5 SMOR3S

SMOR3S

Cutie Mark Crusader

• Brony

Steam Profile

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

Derpy hooves is one of the best characters ever...why do people hate her now...next to lyra, vinyl, Octavia and aj...she's my favorite...

I can think of more offensive things the other ponies do that makes Derpy look unoffensive.

#6 McCloud

McCloud

Blank Flank

• Brony

Steam Profile

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

I was in emotion destress for a few days after the whole ordeal... I cried for a week almost, even just for no reason... I really never get like this, but it's something about the Derpy thing that just gets to me... I don't understand it, cause I never act like this.... I really feel like I want to make a change...... :/

Btw here are some photos of what I was talking about.... view at your own risk...

That first picture alone was enough to make me want to cry, it made me want to just get in their and defend Derpy, why would Pinkie Pie even do something like that? I would have imagined Pinkie Pie showing Derpy how she makes cupcakes or something along those lines and the second picture I dont really know what to say about it, but the third one was the worst one, im not really a fan of bloody things(yet I still play CoD and Mortal Kombat, weird) this is the main reason I havent read the Rainbow Factory and Cupcakes fanfictions,but anyways back on topic, I actually have experienced out of the ordinary reactions to the whole Derpy thing too, especially the Save Derpy Video, you see, as strange as it may seem, I dont really like to cry infront of others, and always try to hold my tears in but when I saw the video, I just couldnt, and I had to run into the bathroom because my brother and siser where in the room at that time although I think the reason why I love Derpy so much is because shes so similiar to my brother who showed me how to accept others no matter how different they are...

#7 SMOR3S

SMOR3S

Cutie Mark Crusader

• Brony

Steam Profile

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

That first picture alone was enough to make me want to cry, it made me want to just get in their and defend Derpy, why would Pinkie Pie even do something like that? I would have imagined Pinkie Pie showing Derpy how she makes cupcakes or something along those lines and the second picture I dont really know what to say about it, but the third one was the worst one, im not really a fan of bloody things(yet I still play CoD and Mortal Kombat, weird) this is the main reason I havent read the Rainbow Factory and Cupcakes fanfictions,but anyways back on topic, I actually have experienced out of the ordinary reactions to the whole Derpy thing too, especially the Save Derpy Video, you see, as strange as it may seem, I dont really like to cry infront of others, and always try to hold my tears in but when I saw the video, I just couldnt, and I had to run into the bathroom because my brother and siser where in the room at that time although I think the reason why I love Derpy so much is because shes so similiar to my brother who showed me how to accept others no matter how different they are...

Derpy is like the symbol to all things pure and good in this world.... Flutteryshy is to, but it's just something about Derpy that makes me feel all warm inside...

I usually don't talk about things like this to other people too, but this is something I had to express, because I didn't know how to handle it.....

Like how can you take something this cute http://my.deviantart...sages/#/d52to4v and twist it mentally like those people did...

Edited by SMOR3S, 10 June 2012 - 10:34 AM.

#8 McCloud

McCloud

Blank Flank

• Brony

Steam Profile

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

Derpy is like the symbol to all things pure and good in this world.... Flutteryshy is to, but it's just something about Derpy that makes me feel all warm inside...

I usually don't talk about things like this to other people too, but this is something I had to express, because I didn't know how to handle it.....

Like how can you take something this cute http://my.deviantart...sages/#/d52to4v and twist it mentally like those people did...

Yea, maybe its because of her lighthearted and innocent ways, I mean, she never means to do any damage on purpose, but thats just the way she is, and she should be is proud of that!

Edited by McCloud, 10 June 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#9 SMOR3S

SMOR3S

Cutie Mark Crusader

• Brony

Steam Profile

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

Yea, maybe its because of her lighthearted and innocent ways, I mean, she never means to do any damage on purpose, but thats just the way she is, and she should be is proud of that!

And that's the reason people ridicule her so much, cause she is so innocent and easy to target.... it's like a bully at school, they target the weak people... But honestly... if these parents want to take Derpy away, then it's basically the same as calling their own children names, cause they are making it noticeable by doing the same to Derpy.....

#10 SirRobin

SirRobin

Wonderbolt

• Brony

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

If anything, the whole fiasco just added to her charm ... she just don't know what went wrong

Posted Image

Edited by SirRobin, 10 June 2012 - 01:24 PM.

---
"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then…There must be no regrets. No tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your believes and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."

#11 Rainbro Dash

Rainbro Dash

Tyrant, Despot, and Destroyer of Free-Will

• 20% Cooler

Steam Profile

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

Not sure why you'd expect flaming. I think most everyone has similar feelings or is neutral on the subject.

I know where you coming from--it's easy enough to get attached to fictional characters. You start to have real feelings for the character, and anything you witness happening them you feel really did happen to them in some way. But the internet can be a harsh place, and you gotta develop a thicker skin if you wish to survive in it. My advice? Maintain our own "head-canon" of the character. And simply reject what you don't like in the fanon. Justify to yourself why it doesn't fit your head-canon, and just dismiss it.

Those pictures you linked? The first one is simply out of character. Pinkie Pie would never do anything like that, especially to someone as innocent as Derpy. Who drew that just thought it would be funny to see Pinkie as a jerk. I don't think it's funny, and I doubt many people do. Just dismiss it.

The other two pictures you linked are from brony haters--they hate all ponies indiscriminately. Derpy is just one of the many they abuse in anyway they can. But they haters, and you should never acknowledged haters. Let them have their pathetic hate-mongering; as long as they keep it over there. Anything they say doesn't even count in the fanon, because they're not fans in the least.

Don't let those pictures get you. Everyone loves Derpy--and there is so much cute artwork of her out there. Focus on that instead.

Also, inb4 Kuni
Do what you feel in your heart to be right–for you’ll be criticized anyway. —Eleanor Roosevelt

#12 Calzone

Calzone

Dead

• 20% Cooler

Steam Profile

• hotel - Offline
    Since: Aug 30 2015 07:53 AM
    3.5 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

I know where you are coming from--it's easy enough to get attached to fictional characters. You start to have real feelings for the character, and anything you witness happening them you feel really did happen to them in some way.

Rainbro and Rainbow Dash sitting in a tree~
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Who am I kidding? I wish I was kissing rainbow dash in a tree
Fabulosity is fabulous
Coffey was here! Calzone's a stupid faec! c:<

Forget it. 12 years dungeon
All of you.
7 years no trial.

#13 Rainbro Dash

Rainbro Dash

• 20% Cooler

Steam Profile

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

Who am I kidding? I wish I was kissing rainbow dash in a tree

SHE'S MINE
Do what you feel in your heart to be right–for you’ll be criticized anyway. —Eleanor Roosevelt

#14 Wildfire

Wildfire

Wonderbolt

• Brony

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:44 AM

yeah dude i hate the fact that derpy my not get to speak again or get her name called
i just don't know what went wrong

http://steamsignatur...98043698886.png

#15 Rainbro Dash

Rainbro Dash

• 20% Cooler

Steam Profile

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

This song makes me cry.

#16 Kuni

Kuni

Wing Ear'd

• 20% Cooler

Steam Profile

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

Also, inb4 Kuni

> Finishes Night Shift at the hospital. Tired as all hell

>Decides to look at the forums before going to bed. Not gonna post anything

>Sees this thread. Sees that post.

Damn you, Rainbro.

I say this with a heavy heart. Ultimately, she may be effectively retired from the show. She's had a really big absence in most of Season 3. Replaced by other background pony antics like Lyra and Bon Bon. Because some people decided she was offensive? Gah, I've ranted on the topic for a long time. I've come to terms that Derpy may not ever appear in future episodes and I'm alright with that. My favorite pone was born from the fandom and still lives in the fandom. Who cares about official appearances?  We brought her into this world *more or less*  and she's still alive and strong in us. To break things down in short and sweet details *because I'm passing out on my keyboard* , As long as the fandom lives Derpy won't die.

tumblr_mhtmzyD4wL1qc5ffho1_500.png

Now I'm gonna go pass out. 

#17 MusicalWonders

MusicalWonders

Cutie Mark Crusader

• Brony

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

She's.. a character.. I understand you like her and the show makes you happy but drawings on the internet really shouldn't have any affect on anybody's emotions. 

#18 SirRobin

SirRobin

Wonderbolt

• Brony

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

b0b.gif

---
"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then…There must be no regrets. No tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your believes and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."

#19 Katana

Katana

Wonderbolt

• Brony

Steam Profile

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

Honestly, the most hilarious Derpy appearances and jokes I've seen were in fan-creations. In the show, she's more of a "Where's Waldo" thing. Her little cameo in The Last Roundup wasn't even that funny to people who didn't know about her.

A man was once asked by his dad; "How do you kill a vampire?"

The responses were common. "Garlic! Stake through the heart! Shine sunlight on it!"

But the real response was "You can kill a vampire any way you want because they don't exist."

Stop worrying about "official" - she's fictional either way. If Hasbro's official word tomorrow were that "All ponies were secretly evil and the world of Ponyville will be cleansed in blood by THE HEARTSTOPPERS, a new toy line form Hasbro!!" then everyone here could just ignore them and go on with previously-loved fiction. It's all amorphous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!