Pencil Doodle®

Equestria's Darkest Corners

98 posts in this topic

After spending a few moments to catch his breath, Ruby was finally able to open his eyes and look around. What the hay is happening to this place?! Things have been getting very strange lately... or was it always this way? Ruby first checked the pegasus who had fallen from the sky, and after determining he was okay, despite still being unconscious, his attention turned to Jack.

"Hey are you alright?" He soon realized a conversation with him would be difficult, as he too was very near falling unconscious. Ruby started a more in depth inspection of Jack's body and noticed his left fore-hoof's unhealthy angle. He felt a revulsion in his stomach and had to resist the urge to vomit. Ruby hurriedly stumbles out of the pile they were in and attempts to call for help, but with the utterance of his first word, the nausea won over and he threw up into a puddle that had a burned out torch in it.

"H-help! Is anyone here that could help! There is an injured pony!" Ruby continues to call out for help but feels hopeless. Nopony is ever out at this time of night and Jack is far too heavy for a pegasus like me to carry, hay, even drag anywhere. I'd do more harm to him than good. And I can't leave either, there is still that other pegasus who fell from the sky, what am I going to do?! Ruby begins to panic and continues to yell out and run around, occasionally flying from place to place in a frenzy until he simply collapses from exhaustion. He was unable to notice the cloaked unicorn who was watching the whole scene due to how unobservant and panicked he was.

((edit: rewrote a portion to be more accurate to the actual events))

Edited by Ruby

(side note for you jack. Since Delta is but a creation of two previous beings, his thoughts are really more of a grey area. All you are going to get from reading his mind is static.)

IC: When Delta could see straight again, he noticed that he and the pegasi had landed on a couple of ponies. He checked the pegasus first, and found his pulse. It was high, of course, but at least he still had one. Delta heard one of the ponies croak "Mage...Help.." and turned around. The broken leg was obvious.

Dammit..... why is this happening now? Delta was furious with himself more than anything. He just wanted to get away from it all, but he had to stay and help. He noticed the crowd gathering.

"Is anyone a doctor? We need a medic over here!"

Pencil heard Jack's plea for help. Although he thought the whole 'mage' thing was starting to get a bit annoying, he still had some moral code left, no matter how little it was.

He turned his 'unnoticeability' spell off, as he did everyponies eyes seemed to turn on him, and trotted over to the fallen hulk.

"I'm afraid i don't have many spells for healing injuries, but i did take a course in doctoring when i still lived wi-"

Pencil didn't think he should finish that sentence, and instead got to work on Jack

He began by pulling out a syringe and injecting him with some kind of clear liquid. Jacks body when numb, relaxed, and he even began to giggle a bit. He then set the very tip of his horn ablaze... He used the molten hot tip to literally weld any cuts closed. Jack began to smoke, but he still felt little, if any, pain.

He took a paranoid sigh

"Does anypony know about healing broken bones?"

Whatever concoction Pencil had injected Jack with quickly numbed him, though he still knew that he was injured. Ironically enough, the substance brought him closer to the veil and the minds of those present became more visible to him, even as the world faded and blurred...

Ruby's mind was not a shock, as he had already seen it much more closely anyways. The only real surprise was his earnest concern for a complete stranger.

The unconscious pegasus' mind was a jumbled mess, disturbed or perhaps confused, maybe even still reeling from oxygen deprivation?...because of which, the only thing he gleamed from his mind was a name being shouted at a distance, Blaze...

Upon sensing Delta's mind, all Jack could hear would be best described as static. It reminded him of the droning of a distant crowd. Something was definitely wrong with that pony. If he weren't so woozy from the clear-potion, he might've actually been fearful of this one...?

Pencil's mind was by far the most formidable of the group, it was the mental equivalent of a castle. Even at the moment, there was so little to be gleamed from that mind. He could tell that it was working, processing the situation, but beyond that, everything was hidden within its workings. If Jack had been more conscious, and had reason for such drastic, and tasteless action, perhaps he could've forced his way through to see more, but that was neither here, nor there... The one thing that he did gleam of interest was a very particular and interesting cutie mark, something from his past that he was trying to suppress, but like sand, the tighter the grasp, the more that slips through...

In between chuckling in irony, though the others would likely hear it merely as drug-induced laughter, Jack managed to concentrate enough to respond to Pencil.

"Just...get them off of me, and reset the bone." He groaned under the two pegasai's weight, which normally wouldn't have been too much, except for the broken ribs, which made his voice meek, "No need for cast, nor splint. Trust me."

Pencil blinked once, then blinked twice. He was a little bit dumb folded

"... Of course"

He said as he attempted to push the pegasi off of Jack

He pushed against them. He was putting as much effort in as possible, but he was never known for his physical strength. There was only one over option...

He let at a weary sigh, then began to use his telekinesis spell... but something was amiss. Not only did his horn glow, but his eyes began to shine an unholy neon red. He moved the pegasi off of Jack all the same, but... what happened to his eyes?

Delta, standing by the side, watched in curiosity as the so called "mage" used different ingredients from his pouch to heal him along with a magic spell or two. Interesting.... Though Delta could sense something dark in this spellcaster. He could not yet tell yet if the darkness shone owtward from personality, or is deep within.

Ruby came to as the crowd formed around the injured pony and Pencil. He groggily stood up and though Well that was a strange dream I had. Ruby starts to walk over to the crowd to see what they were all interested in when he saw a faint light coming from the middle and started to notice the smell of burning flesh. This scent made him very queasy. A few moments later the light intensified as two pegasi were lifted into the air in front of him.

"what's going on here?" Ruby asked as he made his way through the crowd. When he saw Pencil standing over Jack, he knew that his memories of last night were no dream. Ruby sighs and says "Well, looks like things are definitely going to be getting interesting here..." and to himself he muttered "a mind-reading, foreign giant; a unicorn who's eyes glow; and a pegasus who randomly falls from the sky... what's this place coming to?"

He approaches Pencil and asks him "Is there anything I can do to help here? This seems like a lot of work for one pony, even with magic."

Pencil turned towards Ruby, eyes still glowing

"Yes..."

He picked up the syringe he used later and floated it just above Ruby's face

"... Can you clean this syringe out for me? Inside and out?"

"Yeah, uhhh" Ruby's words left his mind as he made eye contact with Pencil. His head tilted to the side and his jaw started to go slack before he shook his head, grabbed the syringe in his mouth, and flew off to the nearby well. When he got there, he drew up a bucket of water and began to wash out the syringe, nearly stabbing himself in the process. That probably wouldn't have turned out well. To be certain everything was clean, Ruby plucked a piece of down from his wing and used it to dry it off. He then turned around to return to Pencil with the now clean syringe and took off.

Before too much longer Pencil got to resetting Jack's broken leg-bone. Luckily for Jack, it was a clean break, no bone splinters, and luckily for Pencil, the pain numbing drug that he injected Jack with was still in effect, if only barely, else he might've been bucked right there. Even with the substance in his system, Jack groaned mightily as the half-numbed nerves in his leg screamed out in protest. With his leg bone back in place, there was nothing left to block the healing process, but the unnatural painkillers in his bloodstream. Something his body rectified, as his metabolism accelerated a thousand fold! The next the ponies around him knew, a sickening sound like that of wet fabric ripping, filled the air. It was coming from Jack. The cauterized wounds on his body healed over, and his coat regrew to cover the wounds and he tentatively flexed his broken leg, without pain. Without a word, he rose from the pile and looked himself over, though he knew that he was completely healed. With that he turned about and glanced at the ponies around him, his eyes settling finally on Pencil.

"Thank you." He said simply, not knowing what else to say.

Nevertheless, he glanced at the others and their speechless expressions, though he could not think of anything proper to say. Honestly, he didn't want to tell them anything, but at this point he doubted that was even an option...

Pencil was in shock over what Jack just did... regeneration? He hadn't seen anything like it outside of Timelords, and he hadn't even seen them perform a regenaration.

He shook his head

"... screw it"

At that, he stabbed Jack with the point of the syringe

He took the tiny segment of blood that was on it, and rubbed it across his tongue, careful not to poke himself.

He slapped his tongue against the roof of his mouth, savoring the horrid taste

"Hmm... you don't taste like an earth pony... this flavor is new to me though..."

Impulsively, Pencil stabbed Jack with the syringe, and not very tenderly may I add...

"Filius...Nothus!" Jack growled in an unknown language, though from the look of rage in his eyes, he could tell it was nothing nice, "Of course I don't you simple-unicorn! I'm an alic..."

Jack stopped himself before completing his statement, though it was already too late. Only a true simpleton wouldn't be able to complete that sentence... His look of rage was all but forgot, as panic, nay, near terror entered his eyes. To his credit, he did not turn and flee, though he very much wanted to...

"An alicorn?! But you don't have a horn or wings, let alone either." Ruby blurted out without thinking. When he noticed to look of fear on Jack's face he hid his own, realizing that he probably shouldn't have pointed this out. How can he call himself an alicorn? Either he is mad or telling the truth. And what was with his leg healing like that? Who knows... maybe he is an alicorn who just met some terrible fate and lost his horn and wings... Ruby was unsure if he should stay or if he should go home and sleep properly. He was still very tired from last nights events and laying on the ground unconscious didn't exactly make for the best rest.

Pencil spat the blood back out, he no longer had to investigate what kind of allele's it tasted like

"Hmm... that would explain a lot about your physical properties, plus the fact you speak in old-timey..."

Pencil then raised an eyebrow, the fact that he's an alicorn only means one thing to him. He asked with urgency in his voice

"What is your relation to Celestia?"

"An alicorn?! But you don't have a horn or wings, let alone either." Ruby blurted out.

Jack's fear temporarily withdrew, his anger returning, though much less this time. Outwardly, he was merely displeased.

"Thank you for the reminder Ruby." Jack said most displeased.

Running his fore-hoof through his mane both to clear the sweat that had built up on his brow and to reveal the dull, obsidian spot on his head, where a horn ought to be. To a well trained and quite observant eyes, or perhaps those of a pegasus, there was the smallest anomaly on his back right where a pair of wings should've resided. It was almost as though his hair was growing around a non-existent pair of wings... However, his attention was quickly drawn back towards Pencil.

"Old-timey? Now I see why you take offense to the term Mage, your master never taught you the old-tongue, Equinous?" I smiled knowingly and chuckled once, "I see that my younger has neglected your training. She has grown paranoid indeed..."

An alicorn now? Strange.... but then, what wasn't strange about this picture? The pegasis, he thought, turning back to the unconscious pony. What exactly is it that would cause you to fall at such height?

Pencil's eyes widened, and his dead expression arose; the same expression that appears whenever he's depressed

"My master saved my from death, raised me, told me she loved me, she was the closest thing to a mother i ever had..."

And for a while, Pencil was silent. He was clearly going through flashbacks of some sort

After a very awkward pause, Pencil shook his head off, and drifted back into the real world

"But of course, she never taught me any tongue... well, except Equestrian"

"Mages, masters, apprentices, magical training, alicorns who are, uh, incomplete, and the least strange thing is a pegasus who seems to fall from the sky for no reason which would have shocked me on any normal day!" Ruby had suddenly become very frustrated. "What the hay is going on here and how could things possibly get so strange so fast, why last week there wasn't even a hint of all these strange events! Is there anyone who has any idea of whats going on at all cause I sure don't!"

Ruby turned and flew off before waiting to see if anyone would have any answers for him. Gah, why can't things be simple anymore, that's why I came out here in the first place. It was away from all the strangeness and drama of big cities. He decided that instead of going home, he would spend sometime in the woods nearby to clear his mind. Ruby loved to spend hours going from tree to tree looking at all the little patterns in the bark and taking in the free-formed beauty only nature could make and that he so desperately tried to replicate in his music and art. Hopefully this is just some odd passing thing, and those strange ponies will take their drama with them elsewhere.

About an hour later, Ruby arrived at his destination where he alighted in a small clearing just inside the woods and started down a path that takes him to the deepest part of the woods, with the biggest and most complex trees. Maybe I'll spend a night here too. It's been a long time since I've come out here so it might be worth the journey. Maybe this will end these terrible mood swings I've been having too.

((So sorry to be joining so late, but seeing the name caught my attention. Anyways! Here's a slight background on Krauser :) Also, not sure how to make something a spoiler :/ Sorry))

OOC: Since a young age he had lived alone, moving from town to town, but keeping to the shadows while trying to discover his own special talent and earn his cutie mark. He has visited such places as Fillydelphia, Las Pegasus, Canterlot, Baltimare, and had even stayed in the mountains bordering the edges of Equestria. People seem to find him intimidating due to his dark red eyes, green fur, his sharpened teeth and horn, and his red and black streaked tail and mane. He never knew his parents so he searches for them secretly, although he presumes them to be dead.

IC: While hovering slightly above the treeline of a forest that surrounded a town he hadn't visited, he saw a pegasus head into a clearing and wondered to himself "Who is this pegasus, and what would happen if I approached him...?" Without hesitation, he zoomed off towards the clearing and landed near the pegasus.

"Um, hello there... I was circling this forest and saw you out here. May I ask why you are all alone in a forest, where you could be injured?" He held out a kind hoof and hoped the pony wouldn't cringe in fear, but as expected... This pony backed away, most likely intimidated by the sharp toothed smile of Krauser. "I swear on Celestia, I have no evil or mean intentions despite my somewhat... off putting appearance." He looked at the brown pegasus apologetically, but turned to walk away when the pegasus tapped Krauser's shoulder with a hoof.

Edited by Krauser888

Delta was unsure as to where he was needed most; The brown pegasis flying away in a fury, or the trio here,including the stranger pony still unconscious.

Why can't i ever do what I want? What I need most? He sighed, walking over to the two colts still in discussion.

"Excuse me, but what exactly are you two doing here? And do either of you know who this pegasis is?"

"So I gather that thou and our sister are no longer on speaking terms?" Jack assumed from his attitude and the glimpse he had stolen of Pencil's mind.

However, before Pencil could answer, Ruby flew off the handle and fled. There's our first subject, clearly something is plaguing him. He was again prevented from speaking when the conscious pegasus turned and began his own line of questioning. Or perhaps this is to be our first? Jack almost imperceptibly scowled at him, though he did his best to hide the fact...

Jack looked briefly at Pencil, then back at the pegasus in question. "Has the personably of introduction been lost in my absence?" He said incredulously, as this was the second stallion today that failed to introduce himself prior to questioning him, "The other and myself seem to be here out of coincidence. A task to discover what troubles this fair place..." Jack then glanced to the unconscious pegasus, "All I gleamed from his mind was one phrase, Blaze. Though it may well not even be his name..." He then snorted, "Now, if I may be so presumptuous, what might your name be and why is it that I cannot sense your mind? Even the stone-wall next to me I can sense, if not gleam anything from..." Jack referenced to Pencil.

Pencil starred at the ground around him, still with his dead expression. Hee didn't even bother questioning how Jack knew about him and Celestia

He seemed to speak to himself, even if he was directing his voice to anyone, it didn't seem like it

"We... we are no longer on any positive terms..."

His closed eyelids began to shake, and his upper lip started to tremble, all the while his head bowing lower and lower

Ruby was taken aback the presence of yet another alicorn. Especially since this one was so... evil looking for lack of a better word. He took an involuntary step backwards. "Who are you? How is it that there are so many alicorns I have never heard about?!" Ruby was ready to just fly away from this new alicorn. Wait, what is wrong with me? I would have never been this rude to anypony before this week. He turned and faced this new alicorn again. "I'm terribly sorry for my outburst. Things have been very strange lately and it's been giving me these weird mood swings. I've come out here to be alone with the trees. I've always been fascinated by their structures. I don't mean to be rude, but I'd like to be alone for a day or two to clear my head. I live in the town nearby, i could talk with you again if you like"