Rad-man

Digimon

14 posts in this topic

Man, I love Digimon. Well, the first three seasons anyway. I haven't exactly kept up with it.

I remember in elementary school I got to be all hipster about the show when it came out. I was one of very few that had or knew about the Digimon Tamagotchi. Knew near all of Agumon's digivolutions before they happened, it was awesome.

My favorite Digimon is Betamon, seen on my avatar. There were two rookies in the first gen Tamagotchi, Agumon and Betamon. I liked Betamon better because he shot lightning, and lightning was cool. There was this one day while waiting for the car ride home from school, I battled my Betamon against my friends Metal Greymon. Not only did Betamon win, my friends Metal Greymon promptly died. It was a great underdog victory. Recently I've rekindled my love for Betamon and have made him my universal Avatar. You don't see his sprite anywhere so it's identifiable.

Anyway, I could go on and on, but I should save all that for the topic. So Digimon, subbed, dubbed, movies, games, watched seasons, let's get this started!

But in all seriousness. Digimon admirably was a big part of my childhood, though it's been years since I've seen anything Related to it, and most of my memories of the show are pretty much not there. i remember as a kid though everyone talked about this show, our favorite characters and Digimon, and what was better, Digimon or pokemon.

1 person likes this

I remember digimon just the same way I remember everything else.

That is to say vaguely and lacking detali

1 person likes this

Go look up some clips then, it's a total nostalgia trip. The background music, the voice actors, the dumb jokes and puns. It just floods back.

Like here where the writers are just like, we're writing for a kids show, screw all these metaphors.

Might not be your cup of tea nowadays, but I love how stupid it was.

Without the nostalgia goggles, I have no idea what it would be like for you then.

I really want to rewatch it all now. I think I might.

I have a few cards, found them at a Walgreens a few years ago. That's the only reason I bought them really. Here it was years after season 1, and I find some trading cards new in a store. That's not happening again.

I liked this show, and all the Pokemon plagiarism that came with it.

I always seem to only remember Agumon (Charmander) and Greymon (Godzillazard), and that little bunny one that flew with its ears. (Pikachu)

Most of the Digimon are actually taken from the Tomagotchis .

11.jpg

Pokemon does predate the Tomagotchis by two years, but I don't think they made a line of these things just to plagiarize with an anime a few years later. The show itself does take some cues though.

Edited by Rad-man

I love digimon so much. Only first 3 seasons though. Season 4+ was kind of a ballbuster.

Also, I liked Tentamon the bess, it may be because hes a beetle which is awesome. But for the tama, I went agumon. Tyranomon was so fun because it's a dinosaur.*Speaking from how I was like as a kid.*

I enjoyed the first seasons animated by Toei. It starts to decline (read: run out ideas) when you get to Frontier, which feels like it could have been a completely different show if it had no links and relation to the Digimon name. It was still better than what they did on Xros Wars.