TheGreatJug™

[TF2] Balloonicorn? More like PINKIE PIE

27 posts in this topic

2012062800001.jpg

Got this idea immediately when the Balloonicorn was released, why not have PINKIE PIE follow you around instead of a balloon?

Replaces the Balloonicorn!

Download: here

Credits:

Models/Materials - Kp-ShadowSquirrel

Idea - Me (Although it seems if it wasn't for copyright infringement, valve would want to do this :P)

Bugs? Shouldn't be, but let me know if there is a problem!

Notes: I'm learning more and more about TF2 modeling as I go so there might be updates to this!

Edited by Jug
1 person likes this

As much as I think the pony-replacement stuff in TF2 is misplaced, this is actually pretty much perfect.

Jug do you think you could make one of these so we could have any of the other ponys as our little followers? for example fluttershy, luna, and i believe it may make a friend of mine happy too see a trixie one.

Thanks

Ahnillator

Also, ive installed the skin but i think there may be something im doing wrong because i get the model but no texture, Any help would be much appreciated :D

Ahnillator

Ps ive got a screenshot of how its showing up on my steam account so check that out if itll help.

Edited by Ahnillator

If you installed it correctly, the materials should be in: tf\materials\models\props_gameplay\mylittleballoon (custom folder), another cause for this would be using skins on a pure server (where they limit custom items to none at all).

Turns out its happening for me too, finding cause....

Worked on it some more, it seems to work on the NJ Server except not on a couple others, more then likely its because of sv_pure/custom scripts the disallow custom skins.

Regarding other ponies, I still have the base model ready to have others editted onto it (I am doing a trixie one), whats keeping me is the fact that since I can't animate these (yet), I figured Pinkie Pie would look the best in terms of just a simple replacement and getting it in a good looking pose would be easier then the others.

Edited by Jug

I appreciate you looking into it for me :) thats great, im sure wheatly will be really happy to be able to have his favourite pony following him. I dont want to become a bother but if you could let me know when the models will work on any of the australian vsh remake servers? the one that solar and leon are in charge of. it be perfect since i dont go to many other servers.

Thanks

Ahnillator

Random person that found this wants to thank you~~

Issue with the texture is that you have "mylittleballon" in "prop_gameplay" when it should be in "props_gameplay". I had the same issue, moved the folder myself, and it works fine now. Cheers~

Thanks for reminding me, I keep forgetting about updating the main post regarding it.

Anyways, I realized how the Balloonicorn works and I might look into giving Pinkie Pie some animations soon ;)...as soon as I get my Maya to start working again!

Make it Fluttershy, and I'll buy a ballonicorn in a heartbeat!

I'm happy with keeping Pinkie Pie (already renamed my Balloonicorn to Pinkie Pie before I saw this, so it's fitting), though I'd love to see a Twilight reskin as well. Might have to pick up multiple balloonicorns; a second for Twilight and a third for Fluttershy, if they're ever done.

Soon I'll jump back to doing these as if you don't know I'm in the middle of redoing some of the boss pony models for the NJ server so if you wish to name some ponies you'd like to see as Balloonicorns, list them here.

So far I got:

Twilight Sparkle

Trixie

Rainbow Dash

Fluttershy

Derpy Hooves.

Take your time; I'm sure everypony else agrees that it's worth the wait. I'm just glad they're being made. <3

Soon gentlemen soon, its on my list to do but its a little more important I find out how to add the animations the Balloonicorn has since for some reason it doesn't.

If you are still taking requests: Gummy

Edited by Nikki Lyra