Calzone

The Administration

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do the admins do their job correctly?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

56 posts in this topic

How do you all feel about the administration as it currently stands in Ponyville?

Are there too little admins?

Are there too many?

Do you actively see your problems being taken care of and discussed?

Can, and would you feel comfortable talking to an admin?

Do you know how to contact an admin? (8675-309)

Let this topic be a public discussion about the administration. Keep in mind that it is your duty to be there for the community. You serve us as a community, we as a community do not serve you. An administrator needs to be open to criticism of his actions as well as be aware of his own actions and how they diversely effect the forum.

Do not be afraid of the admins, your peers, or your brethren. Feel free to openly discuss your problems so that we may collaborate and create solutions.

Also, even if everyone voted that they were fine with the administration, that would be fine too. That speaks for itself.

EDIT: removed offensive part

Edited by Sun Butt

Are there too little admins? I don't really know who the admins are.

Are there too many? See above answer.

Do you actively see your problems being taken care of and discussed? I don't have a lot of problems but when I did present them, no, they were not.

Can, and would you feel comfortable talking to an admin? If I knew how to find one maybe!

Do you know how to contact an admin? Nope! But that might be my fault.

Edited by Dollop of Mayo

i hardly even notice the admin presence. if someone steps out of line I generally let him have a piece of my mind before the mods arrive.

and if someone doesn't like what i post

meh.ro9056.jpg

Are there too little admins?: Everything seems to be under control and going nicely, so no.

Are there too many?: ^ No.

Do you actively see your problems being taken care of and discussed?: Yes. Every complaint and problem thread I have seen has been answered and managed.

Can, and would you feel comfortable talking to an admin?: Yes - they are quite active in this community.

Do you know how to contact an admin?: No - Do I need to? Really?

Are there too little admins?I don't think so

Are there too many?I guess not

Do you actively see your problems being taken care of and discussed? I've never really posted about my problems before

Can, and would you feel comfortable talking to an admin? I'm sure I can

Do you know how to contact an admin? ummm...does PM count?

Before an admin would consider locking the topic, editing a post, or removing a post, keep in mind that it is your duty to be there for the community. You serve us as a community, we do not serve you. And what does that say about you? An administrator needs to be open to criticism of his actions as well as be aware of his own actions and how they diversely effect the forum.

I was honestly kinda offended reading this. Your tone is rather accusatory.

I'm pretty sure I'm the first one who said "Admins serve the community, not the otherway around". And the last admin who thought otherwise got his powers revoked.

/2 cents

Before an admin would consider locking the topic, editing a post, or removing a post, keep in mind that it is your duty to be there for the community. You serve us as a community, we do not serve you. And what does that say about you? An administrator needs to be open to criticism of his actions as well as be aware of his own actions and how they diversely effect the forum.

I'm pretty sure I'm the first one who said "Admins serve the community, not the otherway around". And the last admin who thought otherwise got his powers revoked.

/2 cents

I honestly think it's just a tough question to enact a response.

Being threatened isn't what and shouldn't what the current administrative team should be.

If they are doing well and are confident about their staff as a whole, they should not feel like they are in any peril about their ability to do so.

I honestly feel they should not be in question about that at the moment what so ever. Simple, plain and easily put...

Edited by Racquerr

like many others, I'm not entirely sure how many we have here. I get the feeling there's more than I think.

but I'm glad that they do act on problems and do stuff! which is much better than trying to be lassez-faire about everything (and then wondering why things keep getting worse)

I'm not entirely sure why you even created this topic Calzone, because the administration on Ponyville is very good. They don't lock topics just because there is a stupid argument in it, but they know when to lock the topic because it has gotten so out of hand that it is impossible to salvage. They are also generally lenient with people but give out warnings and bans in more severe cases. You can't really ask the administration to do any more than that, as long as any potential problem users or topics are banned/locked before causing anything major, I'd say they are doing their job well.

There was one admin that was bad at his job, but he has been dealt with so it doesn't matter anymore.

3 people like this

I must say that the administration here is much better than the last two I've been to. One had admins that frequently gave out infractions over stupid, arbitrary things and would sometimes even ban without warning and the other had an admin that refused to adapt to new technology or the new social norm spawned by the bronies (even though I was pretty much his second-in-command and had major influence over how he handled things, I couldn't stop him from pulling the plug on his forum and downright deleting it, taking years' worth of people's histories with it.) The admins here, other than that one admin who decided that abusing the rules would be good for the forum, are definitely worthy of any respect they get and are easy to get along with. I know it's happened with several of them.

Calzone, finding problems where there are none.

Except for that one guy but he had his forumbending stripped.

I vote that they need to be more harsh though.

Naw, the admins are cool here. But there is some admins that aboose, im not going to totes point any apendages at anyone but I do have forum Screenshots and some TF2 p-recs of them doing so.

Like I said, im not going to point with anything and frankly, I don't care much if this goes unheeded.

Here's the breakdown, fyi...

Founder Ponies had a hand in creating or owning the site/servers. They often maintain the servers, as well. They are the highest tier of Admin.

Sea Ponies have juristiction over all servers (I believe) as well as chat and the forums.

Web Ponies are Sea Ponies that also help maintain and code the forums.

TF2 Sea Ponies have juristiction over the TF2 servers as well as chat.

Minecraft Alicorns have jurstiction over the Minecrafrt servers as well as chat.

If you need admin assistance, simply PM any of the admins. If your issue is related to one of the games/servers, PM the approprite type of admin for best results. If your issue is with the forums or another poster, PM the Sea Ponies or Web Ponies.

If your issue is with a particular post, there is a report option at the bottom of each post that allows all admins to see the report. It is near the Quote option.

I feel some admins do their jobs correctly while others are a bit too sensitive to some things. All-in-all, since we rarely have any big incidents, I don't think I can't fully judge a majority of the admins.

Here's the breakdown, fyi...

Founder Ponies had a hand in creating or owning the site/servers. They often maintain the servers, as well. They are the highest tier of Admin.

Sea Ponies have juristiction over all servers (I believe) as well as chat and the forums.

Web Ponies are Sea Ponies that also help maintain and code the forums.

TF2 Sea Ponies have juristiction over the TF2 servers as well as chat.

Minecraft Alicorns have jurstiction over the Minecrafrt servers as well as chat.

If you need admin assistance, simply PM any of the admins. If your issue is related to one of the games/servers, PM the approprite type of admin for best results. If your issue is with the forums or another poster, PM the Sea Ponies or Web Ponies.

If your issue is with a particular post, there is a report option at the bottom of each post that allows all admins to see the report. It is near the Quote option.

I know that some Minecraft Alicorns also have Admin on the TF2 servers.

/2 cents

Sorry Rainbro, didn't mean to offend you or anything of that sort. Was just kinda paranoid at the time.

/2 cents

I honestly think it's just a tough question to enact a response.

Being threatened isn't what and shouldn't what the current administrative team should be.

If they are doing well and are confident about their staff as a whole, they should not feel like they are in any peril about their ability to do so.

I honestly feel they should not be in question about that at the moment what so ever. Simple, plain and easily put...

Yes, I suppose it was rude of me to say something like that. I was just more or less paranoid at the time for no reason whatsoever.

I'm not entirely sure why you even created this topic Calzone, because the administration on Ponyville is very good. They don't lock topics just because there is a stupid argument in it, but they know when to lock the topic because it has gotten so out of hand that it is impossible to salvage. They are also generally lenient with people but give out warnings and bans in more severe cases. You can't really ask the administration to do any more than that, as long as any potential problem users or topics are banned/locked before causing anything major, I'd say they are doing their job well.

Created the topic almost as a "survey" per se. It wasn't created to poke fingers at people, and it definitely wasn't created to say "Hey admins, you're doing a bad job!" Was just a curious inquisition I had last night, so I decided to start a topic. I, myself think the administration is fine, but wasn't sure how other people felt about it. Hence the poll.

My only complaint (and it's a really small one) is that sometimes, they hesitate to do things like move threads and stuff. It's not that big of a deal to me, but it bothers me a little (for example) to see a thread that I, at least, would consider "Randumb" left in General Discussion or a forum game left in Randumb. Sometimes threads can reasonably fit into multiple forums, so there's no clear choice, but sometimes they can't. Also, sometimes when someone starts a thread that has been done before, an admin might ask the person who started it if they want the threads merged. I don't really see the point in asking. I would just do it, unless the original thread is extremely old. Again, this stuff isn't a huge deal. I can easily ignore it if it happens.

Other than that, I think the administration is doing a good job.

As it stands, The admins are all doing a great job. There's been only one incident I witnessed where an admin abused his power, and it was taken care of by the other admins.

1 person likes this

the admins don't have a catchy theme song

when are they gonna fix this?

1 person likes this