Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tanisjihanis

Ponyville Recreation Project

14 posts in this topic

I saw that there wasn't a post for this project yet, so I decided to put one up here for the guys that are running the show.

anyhow, onto the important stuff. :pixel-dash-fly:

I think we may need a little more space for this project based on this handy map I found.

.. or quite a lot more room... depending on how much we want to create. :D

Edited by tanisjihanis

I love the map!

But in which direction is Manehatten?

Not sure... Anyone else want to take a guess at where that is in relation to this map?

Well, since it's obviously a parody of New York, I would say its in the East. North East even. A good distance to separate it significantly from Ponyville, but not too far, since young AJ was able to travel back and forth without any help. Could be off the map I guess, as long as some road points to it. Not really sure myself.

My suggestion anyway.

Edited by Rainbro Dash

Hmmm... Well I dont think I really need to add it to the map yet anyhow, because it will be a long time till we get the point where we build the minor locations.

I believe we will be starting with Twilight's library tree, then perhaps the town hall. If anyone want to try and make an overhead of the town layout, that would much appreciated!

Thanks a ton for those pictures! For those interested in helping out, or just checking the place out, you can access the location by typing /warp ponyville.

For those already working on the project (Thanks for all the support!), here is a picture of Twilight's tree for reference:

There, the world picture and the rough map are uploaded. We are currently outlining roads and building spots based on the rough city map.

Finished both twilight's tree and fluttershy's cottage today!

Derpy has set up residence next to the library tree, and I would welcome anyone else interested in making a house to pick a plot.

Please try to keep them quaint, as per this picture, so we can keep the resemblance to the actual ponyville as close as possible :)

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Zoot101/Screenshots/minecraft-ponyville-house.png

And again, thanks to everyone helping out, this is turning out to be a lot of fun :lol:

I found the Ponyville Library and Sugarcube Corner, they look awesome!

XCMkBl.jpg

XDnt1l.jpg

tanisjihanis, that image you linked of that house was in the brohoof.com minecraft server's submissions world, I'm puzzled as to why you'd screenshot that instead of Ponyville on that server.

Edited by ratty

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0