Slendy

Christians hate bronies for some reason

79 posts in this topic

... you guys realize Landover Baptist is just a giant troll front, yes?

I do, it really is a big relief these guys are just trolling

... you guys realize Landover Baptist is just a giant troll front, yes?

Oh shit, I thought it was a comedy thing and the GNAA was the troll front.

Oh well, shows what I know...

Although this is satirical, I'd like to point out that if the article was a genuine opinion, that the person writing it was probably on the lower end of the common denominators. Remember that time when we said that others shouldn't judge bronies because just one guy sits in his basement, writes clopfics and literally believes that he's Twilight Sparkle? We should to the same thing here, and come to realise that this person isn't the best one to review our fandom, nor should we judge Baptists because one website say it hates everything secular.

But that's just a hypothetical situation, and the website is satire.

Edited by ''Hexus_One
2 people like this

I am baptist / protestant: WTF was that?

I'm sorry, but how can people believe that that was legit?

If you Google most of that stuff, you will find a legitimate Christian view on most of those things.

Sorry, but I feel quite offended that people would believe that a Christian would stoop that low to hate something.

On the reason that I think it's mostly baptists, I've seen a video where it was in a baptist church (Not WBC) and they were cheering as a little kid sang a song about "fags" going to hell. Yeah, I know it's only a few that get heard about it. Hell, the Catholic Church isn't perfect either. They have a tendancy to sweep things under the rug. Yes, I know, the famous molestation charges, but also after I got kicked out of my Catholic school, and when I went to take my SATs there and got bullied by the same guys that got me kicked out, my parents sent them emails about it, and they swept that under the rug.

TL;DR no religion is perfect.

I have seen enough religious discussion topics to know where this is going...

*goes hiding under a rock*

MrK, I just said how my religion is imperfect as well. I don't see why that should make me feel better. I'm sure you aren't happy about the ones that preach hate of homosexuals, and I'm not happy about the priests who molested little boys.

Malt, your first post basically read: "Hey, I'm Christian, but I'm not like THOSE crazies over there! *points at Baptist faith as a whole*"

Westboro Baptist and it's ilk represents my faith as much as kiddy-diddling priests represent yours. If you admit your first post was too much of a generalization, then that's fine. I can drop this, and we can go back to laughing at the silly website.

Oh, please, everypony knows that voodoo is the true religion.

Watch someone take this seriously.

4 people like this

Alright MrK, I admit it. I did generalize too much. And I apologize for doing so. I hope that we can put this little spat behind us and we can go along.

Alright MrK, I admit it. I did generalize too much. And I apologize for doing so. I hope that we can put this little spat behind us and we can go along.

Good.

Now, back to Landover!

His name is Jim Yong Kim – a chink Korean. It's Obama's latest attempt to remove "In God We Trust" from American currency and finance his trillion dollar deficits with a Kimchi backed currency.

...I'm just imagining a kimchi-based economy, now. Funds would be readily available, but smelly.

Oh, and...

Oh, please, everypony knows that voodoo is the true religion.

Watch someone take this seriously.

HERESY! *BLAM!*

You know it's always slightly strange and disorienting to have a religion discussion when my IRL name is Christian.

Granted, I'm mostly used to it by now--but occasionally I feel weird reading a sentence still.

1 person likes this

You know it's always slightly strange and disorienting to have a religion discussion when my IRL name is Christian.

Granted, I'm mostly used to it by now--but occasionally I feel weird reading a sentence still.

Change your name to Jesus like most of my HS classmates. That should make things better

1 person likes this

Back on the "Oh, Landover Baptist" train of thought:

From a thread warning of Denver Airport's phallic idolatry...

I don't think True Christians™ are sufficiently outraged about this perversion of our infrastructure. Maybe it is just because I am picturing my checked luggage, full of KJV Bibles, being passed along the shaft of an erect penis, like the semen of Ayida-Weddo, the Vodou loa of fertility, rainbows, and snakes, ready to give rise to some incubus in the parasite ridden belly of a saggy breasted twelve year old.

That's...that's something.

I don't think True Christians™ are sufficiently outraged about this perversion of our infrastructure. Maybe it is just because I am picturing my checked luggage, full of KJV Bibles, being passed along the shaft of an erect penis, like the semen of Ayida-Weddo, the Vodou loa of fertility, rainbows, and snakes, ready to give rise to some incubus in the parasite ridden belly of a saggy breasted twelve year old.

qKH3I.gif

Mmmm. Oh bby, I love it when you talk dirty to me.

dralol.jpg

Doesn't Denver Airport have a church near the TSA lines? I can remember seeing one on the floor above said lines. Not sure which religion it serves, but it's definitely a church. Kinda odd for an airport known for its disturbing imagery, but I guess it's there to keep the religious types from going "OMG THIS AIRPORT IS TEH EVIL!!!!!1" everywhere.

And on the subject of best religion, non-religiousness is best religion!

And on the subject of best religion, non-religiousness is best religion!

21e2a35f.jpg

*leaved to find bomb shelter for the incoming flamewar*