TwilightPixel

1000th post thread, Pixel edition

84 posts in this topic

I am a terrible procrastinator. The video isn't ready yet, but I got tired of not being able to participate because I was saving my 1000th post.

So here we are, the 1000th post thread. Huzzah! The video will come and be posted here. I promise.

I think the general drill is Q&A, Truth or Dare, Etc. Ask anything you want and I'll talk, as long as it's my secret to share. Just make sure you can handle the truth. My life is too crazy for my own good sometimes. Lesser mortals couldn't handle it.

If you want extra juicy answers, ask your questions really soon. I've had three ciders and I'm quite tipsy right now. What filters I do have are mostly disabled at the moment.

2 people like this

First off, congrats on the 1000th post! :D And my question is, how did you find Ponyville?

I found Ponyville because of the Ponyville TF2 servers. Namely the Cali server. I was playing and there was a sexist jerk on. The admins acted swiftly and effectively, which made me think well of the community by itself. And the people sounded neat. So I checked out the forum. The rest is history.

And thanks!

Edited by TwilightPixel

At what point did you first start liking me? ;)

I'm halfway kidding, by the way. Don't answer if you don't care too. :P

I don't recall exactly, but it was when we were discussing some point of philosophy over steam chat. Sadly, I don't remember what. Stupid aspie memory issues.

Why am I such an asshole and where in my life did I go so terribly wrong?

EDIT: Lol, jk... I have nothing to ask... What do you think about the brony community as a whole, both positive and negative...

You can lay all that at the feet of Doctor Zandramas, who lives on his own research island in the south pacific. Where you went wrong was in taking a contract on the doctor's life. You were a mercenary assassin at the time. Unfortunately, Zandramas's quartet of super-mutant lemures caught you in the jungles outside his base. You were interrogated, and after your will was broken, Zandramas built you a new personality and implanted it in your brain. He set you up with a fake ID, enough fake memories to get you by, and had you enroll in the military. The rest is history.

Being an asshole is just an artifact of your programming. Zandramas didn't want you accidentally making friends with anyone who might remember you from your past life.

3 people like this

That's just what I did. I still haven't made my 1,000th post and i'm at like 1,500 right now

As for my question, Why haven't you uploaded a pic of you and Rainbro kissie kissie?

First, happy 1000th post! Second, have you ever wanted to do something you know would land you in jail, and if so, what was it?

That's just what I did. I still haven't made my 1,000th post and i'm at like 1,500 right now

As for my question, Why haven't you uploaded a pic of you and Rainbro kissie kissie?

Because post production isn't finished. That's the video in question.

First, happy 1000th post! Second, have you ever wanted to do something you know would land you in jail, and if so, what was it?

Thanks.

Many things. Murdering coworkers, for example. But you probably mean stuff I'd actually consider doing. I still want to trespass a graveyard and camp there all night. Anti-corporate vandalism is also tempting sometimes.

Good question!

congrats on the 1000 posts, and what do you regret more, things you have done, or things you have not done?

Why did you make a new thread?

Why hasn't rainbro's OCD merged these yet?

(all I can think of this early)

Gratz on the 1k, though.

When I started here, I was just behind you for the longest time, which was an awesome place to be.

This reminds me, I never posted on my 3k yet.

Oh, well, maybe someday...

Gratz on the 1K. Question: Does starbucks really cost more in washington than it does anywhere else?

You can lay all that at the feet of Doctor Zandramas, who lives on his own research island in the south pacific. Where you went wrong was in taking a contract on the doctor's life. You were a mercenary assassin at the time. Unfortunately, Zandramas's quartet of super-mutant lemures caught you in the jungles outside his base. You were interrogated, and after your will was broken, Zandramas built you a new personality and implanted it in your brain. He set you up with a fake ID, enough fake memories to get you by, and had you enroll in the military. The rest is history.

Being an asshole is just an artifact of your programming. Zandramas didn't want you accidentally making friends with anyone who might remember you from your past life.

You know, when I read this initially, I couldn't help but think of "The Island of Dr Moreau"... Don't know why...

congrats on the 1000 posts, and what do you regret more, things you have done, or things you have not done?

A little of both, mostly things not done. Which is why lately I've been doing things like moving across country, and inviting Rainbro to live with me. :)

On a scale of 1 to Yes, Ponyville:

Strongly disagree O O O O O Strongly Agree

I would have to say two apples and kumquat.

Why did you make a new thread?

Why hasn't rainbro's OCD merged these yet?

(all I can think of this early)

Gratz on the 1k, though.

When I started here, I was just behind you for the longest time, which was an awesome place to be.

This reminds me, I never posted on my 3k yet.

Oh, well, maybe someday...

Oh, we're all supposed to use the same thread? I guess that's why it jumps up to the front page every so often. I might have tried for a new thread anyway. It makes more sense to my thinking. A handful of slightly chaotic threads that sink to the back pages vs. one super-chaotic thread that keeps popping up.

Gratz on the 1K. Question: Does starbucks really cost more in washington than it does anywhere else?

I don't know. It does cost more in Seattle than it does in Kentucky. I expect the prices change somewhat to resemble the local economy.

Congratulations! =D

Hmm questions, questions... would you like to be a tree?

Nope. I like moving around too much. And jumping. You can't do those as a tree. It might be fun to be an ent for like a weekend or so. Maybe a fully week, since ents are slow and a human weekend might feel like an hour to them. But generally, I prefer being mammalian.

A little of both, mostly things not done. Which is why lately I've been doing things like moving across country, and inviting Rainbro to live with me. :)

*squee*

What is your favorite colour and why?

Oh, and congratulations ^_^

As a kid, red. Now, usually blue. Sometimes red. Sometimes purple, as sort of a compromise. Not sure why, except perhaps that blue is the exact opposite of yellow on the light color wheel, and yellow light stabs my eyes, makes my world swirly and vibratey. So yes, blue is good. Perhaps because of water and fire as well.

Why do you leik ponies?

Leik...? ::goes to internet:: Ah! Norwegian word for game. Okay. Hmm... Well I've only really gamed ponies the one time, when I took my D&D players to Equestria as an April Fools game. I did it for the laughs.

What? Oh? A typo you say.

I like ponies for the usual reasons I suppose. The writing is great, the songs are fantastic, the animation is top notch (except for the occasional glitch), and the message is refreshing compared to the never-ending stream of violence.

Why does it matter how many posts you've made?

It doesn't really, but people in western cultures have this obsession with numbers that have a long string of zeroes at the end. Being a geek, I was tempted to instead post this at my 1024th post instead, being 10000000000th post in binary.

Are you guys hearing wedding bells? I assume you're not married.

I am not currently legally married to anyone. Amy and I had a private spiritual exchange of vows. Given it's a poly arrangement, I'm not sure if any of us will ever actually be legally married. If we did cross that, I'd like for it to be Amy and I who get married, but there are less romantic and more practical reasons for her to marry Ryan and me to marry Rainbro.

Is this the Krusty Krab?

Nope. It's mostly dungeness crabs out here. I actually prefer snow or king to dungeness, but they are tasty enough. Actually, I prefer a good piece of bison over crab in general. And the salmon out here is fantastic.

Edited by TwilightPixel
1 person likes this