Calzone

Cursing

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you curse?

2. 3. If you do curse, why do you curse?

• No reason
    • Gives me a rush breaking the rules
    • Just a good way to vent
    • Because Tryhard
    • Other
    • Not Applicable
  3. 4. If you don't curse, why don't you curse?

• Makes me uncomfortable to swear
    • It's vulgar and there are better ways to insult
    • Religion
    • Other
    • Not applicable

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

110 posts in this topic

I used to swear alot, I don't do it so much now that my parents are around alot :/

I don't tend to swear around people older than me, but if i'm with friends or members of the same age group, then chances are i will end up swearing

I don't like swearing too much though. Unless i'm using it for humor, i always feel stupid for having to resort to such basic language and foul literature. I take pride in my vocabulary and swearing is universally known as "the dumb mans language"

Heh... I use profanity all the time, but I consider it more of an environmental thing... I never used to use profanity at all up until I joined the military... After years of being cursed at and having it around me, I pick it up...

I do, however, draw a distinction between profanity and vulgarity...

Profanity I use all the time, vulgarity I do not...

2 people like this

I used to curse like a sailor but then, I took a common decency to the knee

I only curse when it's joke related. I find myself saying horseapples and horsefeathers more often than real curses when im frustrated.

I honestly don't see the big deal about "curse" words. There can't honestly be many people left who actually believe those words are truly cursed in the fantasy b-movie sense, so I don't see the harm. We got words for strong emotions, strong love have it's own words, strong hate have curse words, and sometimes it's just cultural to curse a lot anyways because it's just how the language is built up.

Personally I do swear a good deal yes, hell I live in Northern Norway, it's indeed a part of our culture to swear like sailors (or you know, vikings). The fact that I live in a town whose economy and wealth was built on fishing probably helps on the swearing too, silly fishers. I swear more IRL without even thinking about it than I do in text though, outside of the occasional F-bomb to show annoyance or anger.

If you don't like swearing and cursing, then that's okay of course, but personally I don't mind at all unless it is only meant to insult.

I pretty much curse when it comes to the following: Computer crashing or freezing up, Losing against other players (mostly spies backstabbing tricks or pyros airblasting me off a cliff) and Lag...oh lag how i hate you very very much. And i curse IRL just for nervous reasons or curse for random funny reasons. Pretty much cursing for me is to get a little hyped up and redo my actions.

I honestly don't see the big deal about "curse" words. There can't honestly be many people left who actually believe those words are truly cursed in the fantasy b-movie sense, so I don't see the harm.

While there aren't many 'Gypsy Curse' style curses going around these days (that I know about) Excessive cursing can impact one's outlook on things. Since curse words are almost entirely negative, over-using them can lead to negativity with the user, and especially with those near the user.

-my 2 bits.

I honestly don't see the big deal about "curse" words. There can't honestly be many people left who actually believe those words are truly cursed in the fantasy b-movie sense, so I don't see the harm.

While there aren't many 'Gypsy Curse' style curses going around these days (that I know about) Excessive cursing can impact one's outlook on things. Since curse words are almost entirely negative, over-using them can lead to negativity with the user, and especially with those near the user.

-my 2 bits.

Indeed--and in some cases it can create a somewhat hostile atmosphere.

Not always though--it's entirely contextual.

My favorite go-to curse words/phrases are "Stop being a baby back bitch", "Dumb-ass bitch" "Stupid bitch" "Bitch" "Son of a gun" and "mofoka"

As much as i would like to say i don't but the fact of the matter is i do... And quite a lot, something not i am not pleased with also.

the main reason is exactly what sparks said.

They're just words. I grew up hearing them a lot, so i use them a lot.
I have grown up in such a environment filled with violence, hate and complete corruption. My childhood is not the most pleasant of childhood with all the arguing and domestic violence around me, not to mention my fathers death and then being diagnosed with the same heart disease he died from. I grew up hearing those words all too much from the aggression of my family members hence why i do it myself also.

It's either tied to physical pain, pent-up rage/excitement, or just because I know I can swear. I mean, I do it all the time on the forums, mostly because I know I won't have consequences because we are (mostly) all adults here and I mean, come on, it's the internet. Not to mention the home page says shit right on it. I would think that if they use a curse in heading, then I think it's acceptable to curse.

I curse normally for emphasis and sometimes to vent.

Edited by Flair

-my 2 bits.

Indeed--and in some cases it can create a somewhat hostile atmosphere.

Not always though--it's entirely contextual.

Well in my opinion everything can be used to create a negative atmosphere depending on how it is used. Someone saying something like "Ah sheet, I fucked up" or "silly bastards" doesn't really seem bad to me, while things like "you deserve to die" are much worse.

It's either tied to physical pain, pent-up rage/excitement, or just because I know I can swear. I mean, I do it all the time on the forums, mostly because I know I won't have consequences because we are (mostly) all adults here and I mean, come on, it's the internet. Not to mention the home page says shit right on it. I would think that if they use a curse in heading, then I think it's acceptable to curse.

So because other people do it, it means it is okay?

In this situation, yes.

In this situation, yes.

Yeah, but then if everybody does that then there will be a forum full of curses...

In this situation, yes.

Yeah, but then if everybody does that then there will be a forum full of curses...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTiktZzPguU