Calzone

Cursing

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you curse?

2. 3. If you do curse, why do you curse?

• No reason
    • Gives me a rush breaking the rules
    • Just a good way to vent
    • Because Tryhard
    • Other
    • Not Applicable
  3. 4. If you don't curse, why don't you curse?

• Makes me uncomfortable to swear
    • It's vulgar and there are better ways to insult
    • Religion
    • Other
    • Not applicable

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

110 posts in this topic

I really got to ask, why do so many people here find cursing to be such a big deal anyways? I might have asked it before but I have honestly forgot.

I mean they are just words. Sure, if they are direct hate words (n-word for example) then I can understand why, but if someone's vocabulary consists of the word "fuck" why is that such a pet peeve with you guys? I mean I live in a small town by the coast where swearing and cursing is a part of our culture (the Norwegian name for horse genetalia is basically the entire town's catchphrase from a purely stereotypical viewpoint) so maybe that is why I don't get it, but yeah what's the big deal?

It doesn't bother me. I don't understand why it would bother someone else. And I don't really ask. I just respect their boundaries.

3 people like this

I really got to ask, why do so many people here find cursing to be such a big deal anyways? I might have asked it before but I have honestly forgot.

I mean they are just words. Sure, if they are direct hate words (n-word for example) then I can understand why, but if someone's vocabulary consists of the word "fuck" why is that such a pet peeve with you guys? I mean I live in a small town by the coast where swearing and cursing is a part of our culture (the Norwegian name for horse genetalia is basically the entire town's catchphrase from a purely stereotypical viewpoint) so maybe that is why I don't get it, but yeah what's the big deal?

It doesn't bother me. I don't understand why it would bother someone else. And I don't really ask. I just respect their boundaries.

Well I am a curios bastard so sue me.

Well I am a curios bastard so sue me.

I'm not telling you "don't ask"

I'm saying I don't ask because it's just a pet peeve to some people, and it doesn't really matter if they have a reason or not. If it bothers them, why continue to do it?

le epik trollfaic xD

Being an inconsiderate arsehole isn't necessarily the same as being a troll.

Edited by le Whatever You Want
1 person likes this

Yeah I am still curios of why it is considered as bad and why cursing IRL is apparently seemed just as bad as releasing gass in someones face over here <_<

Well then it works fine if you don't respect most people anyway :spin:

No, I am not going to take this role as a target again. I respect people if they say to me they don't want me to swear next to them and I will try my best not to, but I am still curios about the sudden increase in people seeming to find it "evil" and "disturbing" or whatever. I don't understand and I am asking to perhaps get a answer.

No, I am not going to take this role as a target again. I respect people if they say to me they don't want me to swear next to them and I will try my best not to, but I am still curios about the sudden increase in people seeming to find it "evil" and "disturbing" or whatever. I don't understand and I am asking to perhaps get a answer.

Same reason YOU were offended when someone said the word bitch.

2 people like this

Same reason YOU were offended when someone said the word bitch.

Bitch used as a term in general to replace "woman" is extremely offensive I would say yes, but how is me shouting "fuck" if I accidentally drop a brick at my toes offensive?

Pity that nowadays if people offend my honour I can't challenge them to a pistol duel.

All jokes aside, cursing also depends on the culture, and the people around you. I think Argentina has a huge problem of speaking aberrations. For instance, down here calling someone a "boludo", which by the way, it means 'idiot', can be either a friendly connotation, which can be translated to "buddy", or have the insulting connotation of 'idiot'.

I myself am guilty of such talk... but culturally, I was drawn to it.

That would be my tuppence worth here.

I'll be honest.  Even with my strong Christian faith, there have been time when I use profanity to vent my frustration.  I'm never proud of it, not even when I intentionally use such language.

Even if I were religious I wouldn't feel bad about swearing. They're just words, really. So don't sweat it, k?

I swear a lot (as Sonic can attest to :P). For me it isn't so much an expression of anger or frustration, though it can be. Usually for me it helps me stay calm and rational by making whatever would cause anger or frustration seem more of a joke or less important. So i'll cuss a lot when I play video games and whatnot simply so that setbacks and whatnot in them don't make me actually angry.

2 people like this

The only time i really recall myself cursing was when a friend asked if i wanted a f***ing muffin, I then responded "I don't want a f***ing muffin. I didn't want a muffin and was just repeating what i heard. Honestly though I have no problem with cursing, whether you use a curse or just say any other word instead it doesn't make that much of a difference, what really matters is the tone and context at which you use the word. Personally though, I don't curse because i know that not everyone views them the same way I do, some people are offended at the use of a curse, and its very easy for me just not to say them,but rather difficult for others not to hear.

I curse all the time on the internet and when I'm away from other people. Although, I have seconds thoughts on it after I hear myself say curse words. I don't like it, it makes me feel very uncomfortable. And yet I do it all the time on the internet.