Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CPL Pinkamena Pie

Suspected Hacking? Report here!

46 posts in this topic

As outlined in the Day Z mod guidelines, a ban can only be made if there is overwhelming evidence of abuse... This is expected to come from the logs...

If you suspect someone hacking or abusing glitches on the Ponyville Day Z server, post a time stamp here with a user's name... I will review the logs and see if I can find any evidence to support the accusations, which in turn, will be used to levy a ban...

Please post in the following format:

DDMMYYYY Time Timezone

Example: Today would be 20082012 2030 CST

With this information, it will give me a point to start working back from...

Thank you <3

1 person likes this

Just to address a few issues, because I have been getting a number of reports...

Yes, there has been a lot of hacking going on as of late on the server... I have been doing my best to address these concerns, while staying within the guidelines listed by the Day Z mod team... I've also consulted with the owner of the server to assist and ensure that I am not breaking any rules that would potentially get the server shut down...

I ask that you all to be patient in the interim... I also ask, if you see anything strange or out of the ordinary, to please screen cap it and log the time and date, then post it here... One of the players came across hacked weapon crates that had 50 of each weapon in it... These are the kinds of things I need to know about to try and address it to keep the game as fair and balanced, thus maintaining the fun of the game...

Thank you all for your patience...

I'm not entirely Sure who, but the entire server just got teleported into the middle of the ocean. Just letting you know you might be getting a bunch of complaints.

Although I know who is responsible (or should I say, the group most likely responsible), unfortunately I'm not seeing anything conclusive in the logs... There doesn't seem to be much guidance on how to interpret the many log entries that Day Z keeps and some of them can be ambiguous at best... I will continue scrubbing through the list and see if I can't find something more concrete to ban the offending individuals...

Thankfully, the server owner has been quite helpful and has been providing me with a ton of data to use for checking my logs, which has been increasing the number of hacking instances caught...

22/10/2012 2:35 or so on EST

I got killed while standing on the second floor of a barn with no gunshots or any good vantage points on me. In addition, it seems like almost everyone else on the server died at the same time. I could be mistake and this is a natural death on my part, but I highly doubt that. I then lost connection with the server. When I rejoined, the scoreboard had been wiped clean and only Okeem and (TGAP) Trixie had any kills. I know I remember Trixie from before the incident, but I don't recall if I saw Okeem or not. Unfortunately I didn't think of grabbing a screenshot until I saw it mentioned in one of your posts, and it was too late by then. I guess I should also mention that, a few minutes before my death, I saw someone get killed about 4-5 times immediately after the last message. I'm not sure if this is just a glitch with the game, or if it was foul play.

Edit: And my body is gone. I kind of suspected so after I lost connection to the server, but oh well. Guess it's back to basics.

Edited by alpha142

22/10/2012 4:37 or so on EST

I was running along the east coast, when I started getting shot at by an invisible attacker with a silenced weapon. He wounded me, breaking my leg before probably healing me and then letting me get up to attack me again. I ran around where I knew he was for a while taking random shots. After a minute or so, he became visible again and then started dancing. I know I landed three 1866 shots on him when he started dancing, but it had no effect.

11/21/2012 1610-1625 GMT -7

So these guys have been on the server for a while now, [NSW] Guy [NSW] Steven [NSW]Lost Canadian [Pso]Brandon, and they're might be more, but I don't know for sure. But the evidence I have it that one of them spawned behind me while I was in Vybor's School/Office Building(Across from the Supermarket) while I was sitting in one exit and his friend was in another. They also died about 10 minutes before they got to Vybor, and they both had FN Fals. The guy that I'm saying that teleported([NSW] Steven) was right where I had been sitting 10 seconds before I was killed, and he would of killed me if he had not just teleported in. I can explain it better if we get on a teamspeak or other voice chat.

-Farsight

So these guys have been on the server for a while now, [NSW] Guy [NSW] Steven [NSW]Lost Canadian [Pso]Brandon, and they're might be more, but I don't know for sure. But the evidence I have it that one of them spawned behind me while I was in Vybor's School/Office Building(Across from the Supermarket) while I was sitting in one exit and his friend was in another. They also died about 10 minutes before they got to Vybor, and they both had FN Fals. The guy that I'm saying that teleported([NSW] Steven) was right where I had been sitting 10 seconds before I was killed, and he would of killed me if he had not just teleported in. I can explain it better if we get on a teamspeak or other voice chat.

-Farsight

I will sit down here in a few and scrub through the logs... Any evidence of hacking will be handled aggressively...

1 person likes this

-Farsight

I will sit down here in a few and scrub through the logs... Any evidence of hacking will be handled aggressively...

Unfortunatly I didn't capture him teleporting behind me on fraps, or the zeds despawning, because my Arma started to lag from the massive amounts of zeds they attracted. But we did catch some things going on. Ludus might have one of them teleporting. If you want to see any of it, just tell us and we'll compress the files.

-Farsight

Unfortunatly I didn't capture him teleporting behind me on fraps, or the zeds despawning, because my Arma started to lag from the massive amounts of zeds they attracted. But we did catch some things going on. Ludus might have one of them teleporting. If you want to see any of it, just tell us and we'll compress the files.

Not needed... I have caught two of the individuals responsible for teleporting... Typing up the finally ban report now...

11/27/2012 1600-1620 GMT -7

Fictitious was kicked for Script Restriction #1, not sure if it's necessarily a hack but I've heard it was damage restriction which might mean he was trying to make himself invincible or kill some one else. Just putting this here for a FYI.

11/27/2012 1600-1620 GMT -7

Fictitious was kicked for Script Restriction #1, not sure if it's necessarily a hack but I've heard it was damage restriction which might mean he was trying to make himself invincible or kill some one else. Just putting this here for a FYI.

Was poking around, unknown what script restriction #1, but a number of people was kicked for this due to being inside of a vehicle and relogging while still in the vehicle... Not seeing anything out of the ordinary in the logs either, so... Nothing to be concerned about...

Thanks for the heads up...

Time: 3:30- 4:30 EST

An unknown player by the name of Robinbank$ logged on earlier, speaking nothing on the sidechat. Me and Princess Ludas were over at a camp 012, 052 x-y coordinate-wise. We were minding our own business, when suddenly Ludas was shot first, and I managed to survive for a couple of minutes before finally getting hit by what seemed like an AS50.

About maybe 5 minutes after the events, Robinbank$ died and then left the game.

Farsight and Ludas went back to our campsite to find a few vehicles damaged an a couple destroyed. Several of our tents were empty, and couple had some of our backpack items (including 2 cans of Mountain Dew...) and found no trace of the bodies. Somehow, in the span of 5 minutes, this guy destroyed more than half our camp, hid our bodies, from an unknown distance of fire.

This is only suspected, and we only wan't whoever has access to the logs to see whether this be legit or not.

Edited by Smore98

Someone came on just now and forced everyone unconscious then the players got kicked. Might be the same person and we can not join back.

November 29, 2012 1500-1535 [GMT-7]

Everyone went unconscious on the server, permanent unconsciousness. We were then kicked from the server. When trying to log back on you either end up unconscious or you can't get on at all. The time frame given is a general time that the hacker may have logged on.

Edited by Farsight

Was just on when the system was apparently hacked.

I was running in Cherno when i suddenly went unconscious, had a broken leg, full damage, and bleeding and then was kicked of with a script problem. Attempts to rejoin resulted in more script problems. In the lobby it sounds like others on at the time at similar stories.

Let me know if I can help in anyway,

tom

perfect timing by the hacker. as i am switching between guns ( dropped my M24 to switch to M14 in my coyote pack ) i accidentally dropped my coyote pack, as i go to pick it up.. NUKE. everyone goes unconcious, can't abort or leave, have to Alt+F4 and now no one can join back into the server. Now, I fear that I will be losing my coyote pack with all contents, M14 and M24.. how wonderful

If an admin reads this, can you please help? I really like playing on this server but, don't really want to lose all my things due to some 12 year old with a small penis

Player named Stephen gave tandy a car and then the car magicly blew up killing tandy.

happend at about 5:50 pm, not sure if hack tho

Edited by SiiriAlyssia

I also think I heard that the same Stephen was flying a helicopter that couldn't be destroyed. He hit a tree and broke his rear rotary but it magically fixed itself. Also heard that he was flying it without being in the pilot seat and no one could shot it down, even if they hit it. Happened at about the same time as what happened to Tandy, or a little earlier, at about 1500-1600 GMT -7.

Just had a hacker get on and start teleporting people and killing them. I'm currently stuck in the debug plains.

December 1, 2012 1600-1635

Hacker joined in and had us all saying things in Group Chat while playing. He then teleported a few to debug, killing them. I, too, was teleported, but he failed at getting me to debug. Might of been FOODIE or GizmoDuck. Not sure.

December 1, 2012 1730-1750[GMT-7]

Well, apparently Raiin didn't get kicked again... TPing all of us to the island and spawning those vehicles. And they would not let us quit, if you hit esc it tells "NO QUITTING". I VOTE FOR A DAM PASSWORDED SERVER!

We need a password. After Simple left another hacker teleported everyone to Skalistey island and spammed zombies.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0