Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CPL Pinkamena Pie

Suspected Hacking? Report here!

46 posts in this topic

Newest hacker today.....................

December 1, 2012.

[D.U.S.K] Asthens

Activity: Spawning gear and weapons, some sort of godmode, auto healing..probably aimbot as well.

Interaction: After "appearing" where Ginger was, and destroying his car with an AS50, he then disappeared and reappeared behind me in Elektro. I followed him around for a little then shot 6 rounds from the revolver at him, watched him start bleeding.. the game all of a sudden "froze" and he was fully healed and shooting at me while running with the AS50...I die. I think respawn, he appears behind me and kills me with some sort of M16 or M4... in the middle of nowhere.

Now his friend, PartyAnthrax is in the server as well. It's a hacker orgy today. PLEASE PASSWORD THE SERVER. I am not coming back on this server until the hacker issue is resolved.

A passworded server is not the way to go... Problem with passwords, once someone gets them, they can give them out to anyone... All it would take is one hacker to register and receive the password, then theres no way to stop him from giving it out... If he's registered, then it's not even like frequent password changes would prevent attacks... On top of that, even if someone who joined with the password happened to get banned, nothing prevents them from coming back if they have a hacked client and can change their GUID... So, essentially, passwords are a weak attempt to protect the server...

Instead, we will be implementing a whitelist until I can get back to the states and start making daily back ups of the server... Once I can make daily back ups, the whitelist will be removed (since, if someone hacks, I can just restore... No one will lose anything or at the very least, will not have to restart...

However, I will not be able to get around to working on this issue for another 12 or 13 hours since I am on shift... If you continue to play, you do so at your own risk...

I apologize for not being able to provide more support, but as I pointed out before, I am out of country, I don't have an unsecured internet connection (using government internet), nor do I have my tools needed... I understand that things are frustrating at the moment, but please exercise patience while I attempt to take care of these issues from halfway around the world...

Also, quitting will accomplish nothing but let the hackers win... Stay strong ponyville, these guys will move on soon enough...

might be a good idea to check the logs again cause out of nowhere a guy was shooting me on the nw. a few seconds before it as clear so yeah

edit: nevermind i think it was just a combat logger kinda guy

Edited by SiiriAlyssia

Adding to Siiri's report, there WAS a hacked Huey with at least 2, possibly more, people in it mowing players down in Electro and Cherno. Nobody was able to get names, but the fact that there were 2 Hueys in the game implies a hacked vehicle, and people in Electro reported shooting it several times with Enfields and Winchesters and the heli was not phased. I personally saw 2 Hueys in game at around 7-ish and they started killing people in Electro and Cherno at around 9, so they had been on for a little while. Also, someone (I don't remember the name) said they saw the Huey hit the ground, but not crash, but continue flying as normal. That may just be lag though.

Not to beat a dead horse, but this is becoming a daily thing. If there's any way to expedite the password or white-list, that would be appreciated by everyone. If not, I trust that you guys are working on it, though I may take a hiatus from the game until we can get some comfort in keeping hackers and script-runners away, since BattleEye is doing an absolutely horrendous job of it.

Adding to Siiri's report, there WAS a hacked Huey with at least 2, possibly more, people in it mowing players down in Electro and Cherno. Nobody was able to get names, but the fact that there were 2 Hueys in the game implies a hacked vehicle, and people in Electro reported shooting it several times with Enfields and Winchesters and the heli was not phased. I personally saw 2 Hueys in game at around 7-ish and they started killing people in Electro and Cherno at around 9, so they had been on for a little while. Also, someone (I don't remember the name) said they saw the Huey hit the ground, but not crash, but continue flying as normal. That may just be lag though.

Not to beat a dead horse, but this is becoming a daily thing. If there's any way to expedite the password or white-list, that would be appreciated by everyone. If not, I trust that you guys are working on it, though I may take a hiatus from the game until we can get some comfort in keeping hackers and script-runners away, since BattleEye is doing an absolutely horrendous job of it.

I am currently working the whitelist issue... I have some software to install and test out, but I need to actually get the time to do it... I currently pull between 12 and 13 hour shifts and there's only one overcrowded facility that offers unsecure internet connections... I was working on this last night, but between the wireless router constantly resetting every few minutes due to it being overwhelmed (the 220 available IPs would be gone literally within a half hour), the cold weather, the tylenol PM, and the fact that I had been working for over 12 hours, I only spent another 3 hours working on this last night before heading back to my barracks to sleep...

Now that I downloaded all the tools and scripts I need, I will be doing some work on the server in about 12 to 13 hours from now... Hopefully this will help out everything... Worst case scenario, I'll resort to just putting a password on the server for the moment to at least stop the casual hackers/scripters until I can get the whitelist program working...

Thank you guys for your patience,

CPL

Just to clear this up, there are in fact 2 HUEYS on the server. Neither of them are hacked in, and/or being flown by hackers. Also, in order to shoot down a helicopter, you need weapons that are larger than winfields and winchesters and makarovs.

Some time yesterday Raven and a few others were on and a hacker, "drew", nuked Cherno, blew up our entire camp, and killed Raven. Still getting further from Raven since I was on duty at the time.

Some time yesterday Raven and a few others were on and a hacker, "drew", nuked Cherno, blew up our entire camp, and killed Raven. Still getting further from Raven since I was on duty at the time.

Drew was already caught by the antihax software and banned, as well as most of his damage was cleaned up upon restart (including the vehicles and flattened tents)...

Noah Hall

I thought he said he had found a hacker box so I hunted him down and disposed of him. As soon as I killed him, a line came up on the screen and read something along the lines of "TowelieBan has killed a friendly player behind the hangar at NWAF", and broadcast it for everyone to see. His friends were saying this is a glitch, but I have been playing non-stop for a couple of weeks and had never seen it. They also claimed that he killed other people and that's how he had got the gear. But here's what I found on him:

The things I was able to loot from him are:

AS50 TWS (I looked it up and have read that this weapon is a hack) w/ 4 mags

NVG's

GPS

Silenced M4 CCO with several mags

Camping tent

He also had a range finder, Coyote Backpack and a Gillie suit, but his body despawned almost immediately and I wasn't able to get them.

I don't plan on using this gear until I hear from an admin on what to do with it.

Edited by TowelieBan

The AS50 TWS doesn't spawn naturally, but I know that one at least was given out during the holiday events Pinkamena ran and that one was in our camp before it was destroyed. Might've been looted. Or Noah might've gotten one of his own, since he was part of the second event.

Noah Hall

I thought he said he had found a hacker box so I hunted him down and disposed of him. As soon as I killed him, a line came up on the screen and read something along the lines of "TowelieBan has killed a friendly player behind the hangar at NWAF", and broadcast it for everyone to see. His friends were saying this is a glitch, but I have been playing non-stop for a couple of weeks and had never seen it. They also claimed that he killed other people and that's how he had got the gear. But here's what I found on him:

NVG's

GPS

Camping tent

He also had a range finder, Coyote Backpack and a Gillie suit, but his body despawned almost immediately and I wasn't able to get them.

I don't plan on using this gear until I hear from an admin on what to do with it.

Yes, for the holiday events that I was running I gave away a number of weapons that were not normally obtainable. This included the AS50 TWS and some others. There were also There will be one more event for New Years Eve.

The prizes were backpacks full of random items; a weapon, ammo, some random gear (nvgs, gps, map, etc etc etc), supplies, etc...

I don't remember which backpack I gave to Noah, but given that he had the ghillie and the AS50 (which was what I threw into one of the packs)...

Noah Hall

NVG's

GPS

Camping tent

Yes, for the holiday events that I was running I gave away a number of weapons that were not normally obtainable. This included the AS50 TWS and some others. There were also There will be one more event for New Years Eve.

The prizes were backpacks full of random items; a weapon, ammo, some random gear (nvgs, gps, map, etc etc etc), supplies, etc...

I don't remember which backpack I gave to Noah, but given that he had the ghillie and the AS50 (which was what I threw into one of the packs)...

Well this is awkward.

Noah Hall

NVG's

GPS

Camping tent

Well this is awkward.

No, you were good to mention it... Aside from the few people that were given prizes for participating in the events I was running for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, anyone else having these weapons would be a good indicator of hacking...

If you find other people with questionable gear, just drop me a private message and I can straighten things out (whether it be legit or hacked)...

Thank you for your vigilance...

Right now on the server, people are dying when they try to log out. When they come back in, they are a fresh spawn out on the coast. Just happened to Menti and KibugamiKenzo, at least. Probably happened to others. Don't know whether that's a hacking thing or a server thing, but my guess is hacker since one of them got a weird 'No quitting' message the first time they hit ESC to try and log out.

Right now on the server, people are dying when they try to log out. When they come back in, they are a fresh spawn out on the coast. Just happened to Menti and KibugamiKenzo, at least. Probably happened to others. Don't know whether that's a hacking thing or a server thing, but my guess is hacker since one of them got a weird 'No quitting' message the first time they hit ESC to try and log out.

If they are trying to log out while under "combat" status (flashing red gun symbol), then they should be getting that message... It was a change in the last update...

1/2/13 12:30AM Central

What the Fuck Bro (Name) flew over vybor in a chopper with a off road pickup on each side and one on top, i logged of right as i saw him, mewmewcat stayed on (he was with me) and he said the dude was firing at him with the m135 in his hand... he logged off soon after

we know he has contact with Lily but we do not know if shes involved.

before this happened when mew and I were driving there a pop up apeared in-game saying something like error:weapon created/ attachment/ or something, it poped up for mew and colby i know too, dont know if this is related or not

Edited by Chance

Noah Hall

NVG's

GPS

Camping tent

Actually, I force quit when I was unconscious... O_o I saw my corpse when I logged on the next day and it had the same stuff I did, except for the fact that it had a Kobra on it. I honestly don't know how that happened.

As for how I got the gear, I got it from the Christmas event, but not in a bag from Pinkie. A hacker logged on that night and spawned everyone to the same place several times and started killing them, but I got lucky and hid in a bush when he didn't see me. After he got kicked, I started looting corpses and found most of that stuff and decided to keep it (The M4A1 CCO,  Coyote pack, and NVG's were legit, I found them at separately crash sites, deer stands, and military tents)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0