Suitaloo

Perry Hall School Shooting 2012

29 posts in this topic

Well, what a way to start off my senior year. I'm sure some of you have heard about it on the news already because I know one girl said her uncle in georgia had heard about it already. I know some things, like the kid that was shooting had his facebook name as suicidalsmile and his status this morning was "first day of school last day of my life fuck the world."

If anyone has any questions for a guy who goes to that school and is likely to get information quite rapidly, ask away.

Been there malty. In my highschool, 1 of my friends on the basketball team died there via stabbing, 2 were injured via stabbing also but different occasions, 1 school shooting where nobody was hurt but he just scared the dogshit out of everyone then offed himself in our bell tower and being in a getto neighborhood, we had our fair share of gang affiliated trouble.

Honestly, we had to spend 3 mins going through a metal scanner each day, but it never helped...

Well, someone got shot in the neck and was flown to shock trauma. We all got evacuated to the middle school up the street. I had to walk all the way around a big block of houses to get home -_- and it was very hot out... The kid who shot him was arrested. As was another kid who was a suspect or an accomplice I guess. And there's a third suspect/accomplice still on the run in the forest, hence why the road in front of the school is shut down and the cops are still there.

Saw a blip of this on the news. Looks like one kid got shot, but is still alive from the last reports. The shooter got tackled by what seems like half the goddamn faculty, to hear them say it. Glad to see it got caught before it could escalate.

It was one of the teachers who tackled him and wrestled the gun away. He's being heralded as a hero really.

My guts just turned themselves outside in when I first read this, just relived things didn't go worse than they did and that you are still okay *hugs*

This is just awful. Since i don't live in the same country, and that no one has really died, i wouldn't of seen it on the news, but it's always just godawful when something like this happens to innocent an innocent group of people. I'm just happy that no one died (so far, but i doubt it'll come to that).

The worst thing that i recall happening at my High School was that someone was caught smuggling Cannabis into the building, but that is nothing compared to a shooting

Well, it's national now apparently. The one kid was flown to shock trauma, but I don't know on his current condition.

Yeah, it's national. We're being flooded with "Baltimore Shooting" articles here in California, on the other side of the country. I'm just glad that Malt is ok. Let's hope that one victim is able to pull through.

I haven't read any news from MA-based stations yet, but the news of this shooting has probably reached all of New England by now. Based on how quickly news spreads I'd be surprised if it didn't reach outside of the US before the end of the day.

Well, apparently he came from a troubled household and he was being bullied. His facebook name was SuicidalSmile and his post this morning was "First day of school, last day of my life. Fuck the world".

Kinda makes you wonder what was going through his head.

I'm going to guess the shooter was in a very poor state of mental health, and probably could have been helped.

Insert rant about the lack of availability and poor state of mental health care in this country.

Glad you're alright Malt.

Thanks pixel. It's a real tragedy this had to happen. How he snuck a double barrel shotgun in is beyond me too...

It was a double barrel he brought in? Holy shit. I was thinking it was a 9mm or something.

Any news on the kid that got shot in the neck? I'm worried, that's a really bad place to get shot.

All I know about the victim is that he's in critical condition and was flown to shock trauma. We're likely to hear more about it tomorrow morning in an annoucement.

All I know about the victim is that he's in critical condition and was flown to shock trauma. We're likely to hear more about it tomorrow morning in an annoucement.

Okay, keep us updated on that. I'd like to know if he's okay.

I wonder why instead of choosing to speak to someone trusted like a school counselor or even a MD state official, he chose to shoot a random to-be classmate with a shotgun on the first day of school. Says something about his mental state.

You'd think that by now people would realize that shootings anywhere would only succeed in getting them in trouble with the law and ruining the lives of people and their loved ones. If Pixel's guess that his mental state was poor is correct, serving jailtime as a result of this shooting isn't going to help it.

It's really sad turn of events. Sometimes people are just too paranoid or untrusting of people and they need someone to reach out to them. Maybe the kid wanted attention or wanted misplaced revenge? Mental health or not it's unnacceptable. What's been lost can never be compensated or replaced.

Glad you're alright though, Malt.

@ Grapes

Shit, for real? That's crazy, Grapes. D:

Well, the victim is fine. He's recovering well. However, I'm sure mentally he's going to be a bit scarred. And the worst part is, I don't know how that will play out because the kid has Down Syndrome. It's crazy...

It's really sad turn of events. Sometimes people are just too paranoid or untrusting of people and they need someone to reach out to them. Maybe the kid wanted attention or wanted misplaced revenge? Mental health or not it's unnacceptable. What's been lost can never be compensated or replaced.

Glad you're alright though, Malt.

@ Grapes

Shit, for real? That's crazy, Grapes. D:

I went to public school in one of the most getto parts of New York, so yeah. I can relate to malt in times like that.

Sorry to hear this Malt... While none of my schools experienced this, we had a shooting here at Ft Hood back in 2009, so I can definitely relate...

We were running an exercise in preparation for our upcoming deployment to Iraq... They decided to call endex (end exercise) at around 6am in the morning on 5 November 2009 and we were all told that as soon as we finished cleaning up and packing all the equipment away, we would be released for the weekend (since it was a Thursday, they were going to give us a 3 day weekend)... Most of us were nearly completed with the Soldier Readiness Processing (SRP) that is required for deployments, so our section sergeant came to us and asked us if we just wanted to meet up after lunch (1300) at the SRP site and finish up the last portion, which was the medical review...

Side note about the SRP Center:

The layout of the SRP center was a main building, surrounded by a handful of smaller buildings... Each building served a different purpose... The medical review building was one of the smaller outlying buildings, no larger than an average convenience store... The layout inside was open and only divided up by cubicle walls and tables...

Since our time was growing short, with a projected deployment date of December/January time frame (with 30 days of block leave prior to that), we only had until the end of November to complete this process, so we all agreed to meet up at 1300... Since I was the only server guy that wasn't a civilian, that left me with the task of moving all the server stacks to our storage yard (which, considering each server stack weighs between 109 and 165 lbs and there were 6 of them, took a while)... By the time that I got all my servers moved over to the storage yard, which actually was only a few streets away from the SRP center, it was already only a few minutes away from 1300... I sat in my vehicle for a few more minutes, weighing my options... I was hungry, tired, and dirty... I didn't feel like wasting another few hours over at the SRP center waiting for someone to look over my medical files and tell me that I was fit for deployment... I made the decision that I was going to simply blow it off today, since we had already been released for the weekend, and figured I would do it Monday morning, as a way to get out of physical training... With that, I left, heading back to my home... No sooner than I got back to my house and walked through my door, my phone started ringing... When I saw it was one of my sergeants, I thought to myself "Fucking great, they're wondering why I didn't show up at 1300"... I answered the phone and my sergeant promptly asked me if I was ok and where I was... I explained to him that I was fine and that I had just finished moving the servers and that I was starving, so I went to grab lunch, but that I could meet up with them at the SRP center after eating if he wanted me to... He told me no, to stay where I was and not to go anywhere... I hung up and sat on the couch with a bowl of cereal and started watching some random tv show... Outside, I could hear the warning sirens going off over the Fort Hood loudspeaker system and when I went to hear what they had to say, it was telling us to seek shelter indoors and to lock all doors and windows... Figuring it was a test (as they sometimes have), I disregarded and went back in to finish eating... It wouldn't be for another half hour before I started getting phone calls from concerned family members, checking to see if I was ok... It was then that I realized that there had been a shooting on Fort Hood... All initial reports placed the shooting close to the SRP Center, but not at it... It wouldn't be until later that I would find out that the shooting occurred in the same building I was supposed to be in...

Naturally, my concerns then shifted to all of my coworkers that were supposed to be at the same building at 1300, but that too would be a stroke of luck... As they finished packing up all the equipment, a laptop had come up missing... Because it had sensitive information on it (albeit, just training data), they locked down the site (which, I had just missed apparently), preventing anyone from entering or leaving the area... As it would turn out, only one of our people ended up going... He was shot in the arm, but the wound was not life threatening and he ended up making a full (physical) recovery... Psychologically though, he suffers now from severe PTSD...

So, like I said Malt, I can relate and I am sorry to hear about this happening... If you need to talk, my steam is always on...