Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scootsy Wootsy Woona Time

Server Suggestions

140 posts in this topic

This one is for you guys, the players of the Minecraft server.

So far my Admins and I have been supplying the server with our content, I.e. Dungeons, Arena.., Ponies.

But we feel it'll be better if we ask the players what you would like to have in the server. What would make it more enjoyable for you, also for everyone else.

I'll take any suggestions, and we'll look into putting that in for you.

I also thought that having a billion dungeons wouldn't be that fun, (oh hey a new dungeon.. yeah.. that's cool. :I).

We are already have plans for new content that are NOT dungeon related. But keep in mind we will not stop making them, just not as much.

A cursory Googling makes it appear that Mineshafter is a pirated version of Minecraft server that enables people to play the game without actually purchasing it. Please read the "Forum Rules, Guidelines, and Netiquette" link on the footer of any page to see our policy on pirated content. I am vehemently against videogame piracy, and so is this community. So, I do not think that running a Mineshafter server -- which appears to endorse Minecraft piracy -- would be within our interests.

Personally I don't like the idea of a class system or a leveling system in minecraft. It's not what minecraft is.

How about community wide projects? IE. A themed town or park that everyone works together to make.

One of the things people have trouble finding in this game is a sense of direction and maybe this idea could give it to them.

If those classes are added, in 1.8 we'll be dying of hunger waiting for a healer or a group.Maybe we could have little competitions,like obstacle courses, or redstone mini games.

Edited by steven magnet

I'm not a total fan of the class thing either, but throwing flaming snowballs at enemies is fun and keeps me from dying. So I kinda want it to stay. I have a knack for dying easily, so the flaming snowballs are a good range weapon rather than a getting in close and whacking them a few times with a sword that barely hurts them.

Maybe instead of addind countless new dungeons, why not have a maze or a puzzle or something similar so that people can test their knowledge of redstone wiring and satisfy the want to complete puzzles (if they have such an urge like i do). And for the more difficult tests, maybe you could add some items as a reward for the effort whoever completed the puzzle put forth. just a suggestion though.

Well, we have added a puzzle with the recent dungeon. But it's going to be removed because of the world wipe.

I'm not proud of the dungeons I have made in the beginning, because they were too easy and too short. I understand having a bunch of dungeons can get very boring, so we are going to work on having a lot other content as well. It just takes time.

I didn't find the dungeons boring. I really liked them! I just wish that the loss to reward ratio wasn't so steep. When you're playing casually or just starting out on the server, it can be very daunting to spend so much of your time getting the materials required to do a dungeon, only to lose everything if you happen to die once. Even if the reward at the end is great enough to justify the loss, there's still no telling whether or not you will be able to return to claim it if you don't have enough backup items. I think that the dungeons would be more enjoyable if we were provided with basic equipment to use in them. This is just my feeling though, and I'm a bit of a Minecraft n00b anyways, so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt. XD

Those 'out of game' map tools are a real resource and HDD hog... have tried several from static maps to done on the fly. Static maps example, 400MB world, 16GB map approx. And on the fly just eats cpu...

Personally depending on the size of the map on the server, the stargate mod is useful and if you really wanted you could do the gate shape in the form of a pony lol might try making that gate file later xD

Ability to lock chests to prevent people from stealing stuff, and ability to lock doors to prevent people from entering houses.

http://forums.bukkit...doors-953.9653/ (or similar plugin)

Surprised this hasn't been suggested yet. :l

We've been discussing implementation of something like Lockette, which does more or less the same thing... Theft has been a rising problem over the past week, whether intentional or unintentional...

If ever a multiplayer version of the weeping angels comes out, that should be added because the weeping angels are both terrifying and fun.

Hey I was wondering if you can install this plugin it is call kingdoms. What you can do with the plugins here are some of the things you can do with it..

What is Kingdoms?

Kingdoms lets you create Kingdoms with a capital, villages and paths with an internal rank system and grief protection.

Creating villages cost Score and a village has a 'bank' that is needed to claim new/more land. Players can donate items and in-game money to increase that bank. Score can at the moment only increase when you have a full village.

When you create a kingdom the capital chunks are automatically claim around you, the king can then add villages etc. to the kingdom. All claiming and protection uses minecraft chunks (16x16 block area). Rank Abilities 1 novice No building abilities at all (no building/breaking blocks, using buttons/levers, opening chest etc.) 2 resident All building abilities inside own village. 3 builder All building abilities inside all the villages. 4 architect All building abilities inside all the villages, paths and the capital 5 village assistant All the previous abilities + helping the leader manage his village (adding/kicking people, claiming land, ...) 6 leader All the previous abilities. 7 kingdom assistant All the previous abilities + helping the king manage all villages 8 king All the previous abilities

Also this is th elink where I discover the plugin.

http://dev.bukkit.or...ingdoms-plugin/

Edited by KnightStriker

My first suggestion was going to be death chest but I think one of the commands sort of makes it a moot point. Maybe check out http://technicpack.net/ and http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/293667-100-amco-arrrgs-minecraft-overhaul/ since they offer a lot of different mods but have installers that integrate them without a lot of work. Course it might be a while 'til either is updated. D:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0