woodledoodledoodledoodle

"Kind of Not Really" Bucket List

17 posts in this topic

Do you have things that are terrible and perhaps horrifying things that you really shouldn't wish for but want to see it what it's like/how it feels?

Things that make you go "huh I guess that might be kind of interesting, but I'd immediately regret ever having such passing desires the moment I experience it. I also realize this is kind of naive so for those with actual life experience and who know what any of these are like, please share your stories.

Take for example, I want to die and be resuscitated, just because I have know idea what that might even be like, despite that I would be dying and wishing for death, but, it'd be interesting. Ok probably more horrifying than interesting.

Or maybe be stabbed? Like proper stabbed. In the stomach. I mean probably the worst cut I've ever gotten was I sliced off a little bit (really little) of my index finger and that was in itself "really" (on a relative scale) painful.

On a less extreme example, maybe breaking a bone? Never had that before.

Wonder what it's like to- Nah, that'd make me look like a psycopath

Take for example, I want to die and be resuscitated, just because I have know idea what that might even be like, despite that I would be dying and wishing for death, but, it'd be interesting. Ok probably more horrifying than interesting.

I knew someone who really experienced this. and he had to voluntarily do it as part of a medical procedure to fix his heart. while staying conscious the entire time.

Done this several times, only one worth breaking is your nose, just for the stupid amount of blood. It's more or less just annoying because it limits you. And casts are great for tetherball. broken thumb is the worst though.

Done this several times, only one worth breaking is your nose, just for the stupid amount of blood.

Is it like that scene in tropic thunder where the guy guts shot in the head and comically large amount of blood just gets everywhere?

Edited by woodledoodledoodledoodle

Take it from my experience. it's Disorienting, painful, scary, and all around a bad experience. don't do it.

I've heard that people who were resuscitated after drowning felt that it was a relatively peaceful way to die. Maybe that's the way to go.

But yeah, it would be interesting to know what it's like to be dead.

I've never broken a bone either. I've always wondered whether I'd be able to take the pain.

Another thing that I would put on my list is getting in a fight. I'm not a violent person at all, but sometimes I wonder how I would do in a serious fight.

Take it from my experience. it's Disorienting, painful, scary, and all around a bad experience. don't do it.

I've heard that people who were resuscitated after drowning felt that it was a relatively peaceful way to die. Maybe that's the way to go.

But yeah, it would be interesting to know what it's like to be dead.

Evidently, Fluffy did not drown.

I almost drowned when I was 7. The part where I was wildly panicking and thrashing about like a spooked horse sure wasn't peaceful.

If I had gotten to the part where the lack of oxygen did lasting damage to my brain (maybe it did hahahahahahahahaha) and my body started to shut down, maybe that would've been peaceful!

I've nipped at it a couple of times. In retrospect, it really doesn't matter now fast and peaceful it is or how agonizing it is.

When it's a possibility, when you just "know" this could be it, when there's no time to go through 5 stages of dealing with it, you learn to let it be.

Here's one quote I've found true to life when dealing with death:

Do not fear death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear it jumps at us faster than light, but if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity.

- Nah, that'd make me look like a psycopath

Why concern yourself with that this late in the game?

In all seriousness? To kill someone. But if I elaborate further I'd probably get PMs from people telling me to seek psychiatric help or something. That feels weird to say. Like I'm sure we all get that passing murderous feeling. I hope.

- Nah, that'd make me look like a psycopath

Why concern yourself with that this late in the game?

In all seriousness? To kill someone. But if I elaborate further I'd probably get PMs from people telling me to seek psychiatric help or something. That feels weird to say. Like I'm sure we all get that passing murderous feeling. I hope.

I think that's more of an early-teenage thing. If you still feel that way when your 23, then seek council. Y'know, if you haven't already by then...

That sounds about standard.

On topic: Sometimes I wish I'd be in some kind of non-fatal, not horribly maiming, but - enough - to - get - a - huge - settlement - out - of accident of some sort. Either hit by like a drunk driver or maybe get my foot run over with a forklift or something.

I wouldn't try to cause anything like that, and I'd honestly try to avoid it at all cost, but I wouldn't mind the money from something like that.