LOL

Questionable Ban

13 posts in this topic

A few minutes ago, I was instantly perma-banned from all ponyville servers with no warning by Lyra for a "bad spray logo". I didn't even intentionally spray; my spray key is the "R" key, and my push-to-talk key is the "F" key. I was just trying to communicate with my team. I'm not sure what else to say, I guess I'll just leave it to the admins.

My spray:

http://i.imgur.com/EAKfC.gif

Ban Log: http://bans.ponyville.net/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:0:40469851&advType=steamid&Submit

Edited by LOL

There is nothing wrong with this spray. Are you sure it was lyra. This is out of the ordinary.

It's the "F" word. We already had this discussion on the forums. While some of us personally do not have a problem with it, others do.

It's not the foul mouthedness of it, it's just that it's a hate word targeted at a specific group.

I don't think I'd permaban off just off that word. But do keep in mind that word is very derogatory towards certain groups of people that exist and some people take offense to it. We try to run a *relativly* clean server for peeps. Personally, if you don't use the spray anymore I'll let it off the hook.

Lyra was the one that banned you though. I'll try to get in contact with 'em about it.

This spray contains a homophobic slur, which is not allowed on the server. I happen to be one of those individuals that is very offended by that word.

I would be up for giving you a second chance though, as long as it does not happen again. I would also recommend rebinding your spray key if you are going to continue using that spray.

This spray contains a homophobic slur, which is not allowed on the server. I happen to be one of those individuals that is very offended by that word.

I would be up for giving you a second chance though, as long as it does not happen again. I would also recommend rebinding your spray key if you are going to continue using that spray.

What Dash says is true since we witnessed someone using the same spray and Dash banned him for it.

I will unbanned you now But! Just use a different spray. Something Appropriate. O u O

Yeeeeeeeaaaah. . .

That spray is way inappropriate. You should have been warned, yes. But if we see it again, you'll be hard pressed to convince us to unban you again.

Just because it may be an accident, doesn't mean we can keep letting it slide. I strongly recommend that you change it entirely, so as to not let this happen again.

I think sprays should at least start with a warning, not instant-ban

accidentally hitting one's spray key is a bit different degree of intent from someone taking the effort to type out bad language in the chat, or yelling through the microphone.

and maybe hypothetically you forget that your current spray is okay on another server but inappropriate for Ponyville. then what can you do? it's already on the wall and you have to wait for the built-in timer to uh.... spray it somewhere else? no efficient way to instantly fix this kind of mistake.

and maybe hypothetically you forget that your current spray is okay on another server but inappropriate for Ponyville. then what can you do? it's already on the wall and you have to wait for the built-in timer to uh.... spray it somewhere else? no efficient way to instantly fix this kind of mistake.

You can instantly notify an admin who is around that it was an accident. Admins do have the ability to remove sprays and in the case of accident that you notified them of, I'm sure they'd be willing.

But really, if one keeps finding themselves making that mistake again and again, something really needs to be done.