Rainbro Dash

Rainbro's Art Live-Stream

26 posts in this topic

Pixel said something rather profound to me just a moment ago.

I told her that I didn't feel confident enough about my art to show her something as I was drawing. And that at some point in the future when I felt more confident in my artwork, I would be happy and comfortable enough to to show her my incomplete work, and even draw as she watches.

She then said, "Maybe you're going about that backwards".

. . .I think she's right. Maybe in order to get confidence in drawing publicly or at least in front of friends, is to actually do it and get over the insecurity and fear of judgement.

SO--In the very near future, I will be hosting a live steam of me drawing. Tentatively dated for this Friday evening, assuming I can get the live-stream up and running by the time, and barring unforeseen circumstances. If I did this, how many people would be interested in watching? I'll probably be taking some requests too, assuming I think I could handle them. I'm not entirely sure how the whole thing will go, but I do know that I want to do this.

I'll link the channel here once I get it set up and working.

2 people like this

I'll watch if I can. I'll start cooking up the request ideas now.

Sure, that's a good idea. But keep in mind that you might be hard-pressed to get me to do anything that too bull-shit insane. I'm fine with being challenged, but if it's too far out of my comfort zone or features something I have minimal experience in drawing I'll likely pass.

Baby steps here, baby steps.

I did a few of these back when I used Windows, but I haven't found a good way to do it in Linux.

I've found that it doesn't help the drawing in front of real-life people problem, but it makes drawing more enjoyable and social.

I'll certainly attend if you livestream.

I have been begging you to do a live stream since like.. forever! 'bout time!

..Pretty please wait until I get off work?~

Livestream

UStream

Justin.tv

I've used them all, but there was nothing that really stood out among them.

Justin.tv I've used the least of the three, Livestream's download-able client seems a bit more stable than UStream's.

What time on Friday evening are you planing? Want to be there and watch, but if it's in the middle of the night for me chances are I might not make it so just thought I would ask

Also draw more cute FlutterDash pictures =P

Edited by Nikki Lyra

Tentatively dated for this Friday evening,

Well damn, I would be asleep at that time.

Is there anyway that you could record the livestream, and put it on youtube persay?

1 person likes this

Tentatively dated for this Friday evening,

Well damn, I would be asleep at that time.

Is there anyway that you could record the livestream, and put it on youtube persay?

That's very doable, as I understand it.

I'll watch if I remember and catch the announcement.

Better study your Escher because I'll be demanding line-for-line reproductions of his most obscure and complicated works.

Shouldn't be a problem. I've got a large complete works of Escher book in a box around here somewhere.

I'll watch if I remember and catch the announcement.

Better study your Escher because I'll be demanding line-for-line reproductions of his most obscure and complicated works.

Shouldn't be a problem. I've got a large complete works of Escher book in a box around here somewhere.

It's probly up the stairs. Or down the stairs. Or sideways up the down up over around stairs.

Just don't fall. Not sure if falling is even possible in here. Maybe falling up.....

2 people like this

Finally got everything working--tentatively making plans for this Saturday. Anytime that would work best for most people?

Late.

But not too late, because I often worry about how people do when they do things productive at a late time; like around 7 PST.

First Live-stream was a success!

I will likely try to do one every Saturday, or there-a-abouts. Here are the results of my work--in the future, I'd like to work towards doing more complex and complete images, but this is good so far.

Livestream1_zps55773363.jpg?t=1349661509