Rainbro Dash

Dreams

79 posts in this topic

When I have nightmares anymore, they are always bout plausible realistic situations. Never any life-threatening ones, but scary ones nonetheless.

I had one earlier this week wherein I woke up on Christmas Eve morning, and realized the lights hadn't been put up on the house yet, nor was the tree put out.

That was the whole dream.

If you didn't know me, it wouldn't seem that could possibly be scary, but:

) I love Christmas, and would hate if I missed any of these traditions.

) It would be physically impossible for me to properly remedy this situation in time. Christmas Eve is on a Tuesday this year, meaning I would have to work from about a half hour after I woke up till 3pm. I would have to go directly to Mom's house after work for our get-together there. That lasts until about 8-9pm. Afterward we go look at lights around town for a few hours.

Now it takes about 4-5 hours to put up my lights. The tree takes two hours to put together, and probly another three to trim. I just wouldn't have enough time.

It seems a minor thing, but in the moment it was pretty scary. I've actually had at least three nightmares revolving around some failure during the holidays.

When I have nightmares anymore, they are always bout plausible realistic situations. Never any life-threatening ones, but scary ones nonetheless.

I had one earlier this week wherein I woke up on Christmas Eve morning, and realized the lights hadn't been put up on the house yet, nor was the tree put out.

That was the whole dream.

If you didn't know me, it wouldn't seem that could possibly be scary, but:

) I love Christmas, and would hate if I missed any of these traditions.

) It would be physically impossible for me to properly remedy this situation in time. Christmas Eve is on a Tuesday this year, meaning I would have to work from about a half hour after I woke up till 3pm. I would have to go directly to Mom's house after work for our get-together there. That lasts until about 8-9pm. Afterward we go look at lights around town for a few hours.

Now it takes about 4-5 hours to put up my lights. The tree takes two hours to put together, and probly another three to trim. I just wouldn't have enough time.

It seems a minor thing, but in the moment it was pretty scary. I've actually had at least three nightmares revolving around some failure during the holidays.

What scares each of us is pretty interesting. I have a hard time understanding why no lights on a holiday would scare you but i can sympathize because of the fear and stress you can feel in a dream. When i have a nightmare i do my best to get up and pretend it didn't happen, turn the lights on and get a glass of water or something. I'm pretty good about that, but the ones that really get me are the night terrors where you can't move. I had one around a week ago that i can't even remember clearly, but for the past few days and even now i look over my shoulder and keep the lights on. I'm still scared now.

I tend to have dreams like 90% of the time and creepy/nightmare ones 10%. Nightmares tend to be when I'm under stress or I might have watched something scary before bed. Like last night I was dreading that I could have a nightmare, and guess what? I did that same thing. I didn't even know I was yelling in it until my parent woke me up. But yeah, my dreams usually are nice, quirky or borderline creepy nonsense.