Calzone

Got some news?

38 posts in this topic

So the man who created the first modern RPGs, Mike Singleton, died of cancer recently. Never heard of the man until now, but without him the RPG genre probably would've never evolved as it did, with RPGs remaining simple and not being the massive, epic fantasies that they are now.

Ruhe in Frieden.

Excuse the double post, but...

Not really new, but I watched this for my Sociology class just now it is really an eye opener about why America isn't improving as much as we hope...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YKgpXDs25TI

Same thing happened with the Beechcraft Starship. Beautiful business aircraft ahead of its time, but most of the 53 produced were reclaimed by Hawker Beechcraft in 2003 and were shredded or donated to aviation museums :\ There still are some airworthy Starships out there, but that's just nine out of 53 aircraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vSiiE2cyuc

Excuse the double post, but...

Not really new, but I watched this for my Sociology class just now it is really an eye opener about why America isn't improving as much as we hope...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YKgpXDs25TI

Same thing happened with the Beechcraft Starship. Beautiful business aircraft ahead of its time, but most of the 53 produced were reclaimed by Hawker Beechcraft in 2003 and were shredded or donated to aviation museums :\ There still are some airworthy Starships out there, but that's just nine out of 53 aircraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vSiiE2cyuc

Sadly enough, this is how capitalism works...the people with the money make the choices, and they usually choose what will get them more money.

Yeah, Beechcraft determined that the costs of maintaining such a tiny fleet were too cost-prohibitive, which led to the reclaims. In the end, though, nine remained airworthy and the stock of spare parts were sold to the owner of one of them, and the 44 unlucky owners were compensated for their loss by Beechcraft by offering comparable aircraft to them.

As aircraft get older, costs for maintenance rise, spare parts become scarcer and heavy maintenance checks cost ridiculous amounts of money and man-labor (for example, a D-Check on a Boeing 747-200 costs upwards of $1 or $2 million and 30k hours of man-labor). In the end, it just seems better to send an old, worn aircraft to the desert instead of wasting money on an expensive maintenance check on an aircraft that will probably be retired in a few months or even days. Same thing with cars I believe. In the Beechcraft Starship's case, it was horribly mistimed due to FAA requirements (as they never certified an aircraft like it before) and when it was ready to be delivered most of the potential customers already moved on to a different business plane or wanted to wait on buying it either to allow Beechcraft and early adopters to work out kinks in the design or to let the plane prove itself, and in the end it resulted in bad sales and maintenance costs rising quicker than they should have because of the small numbers produced.

On that note, Japan had precise measurements on exactly where they had set off the nuke, seeing they need to have precise earthquake detecting devices on account of having cities destroyed by them on a fairly regular basis.

China's attitude towards nuke summed up as "Starting to get real tired of your shit, North Korea".

1 person likes this

I can't believe no one has stated the conflict in Ukraine right now. That's some serious stuff going on there.  It's kind of scary since the two countries could be on the verge of war.

как сказать девушке если она зада т вопрос что я значу для тебя

что за железную штуку вставляют девушке если она не девственница

что лучше написать молоденькой девушке при знакомстве если она очень понравилась

скачать анна богданова что делать если девушке не везт в личной жизни

стих о любвт девушке если мы далеко друг от друга

что можно подарить девушке на 18 летие под знаком скорпион

если парень любимой девушке говорит о своих бывших или же интимных отношениях