OhHaiDare

Smoking vs Drinking

22 members have voted

1. 1. WHat's safer

• Smoking
    • Drinking

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 posts in this topic

I like neither. Recently made a pact with a special friend of mine that I promised her I would never drink again.

But since I have to pick, I'm going for smoking. It's much more hazardous to your health and it is more chemically addictive then being an acholic. While it is indeed less destructive to others, it is much more destructive to yourself.

So drinking is less dangerous IMO

being a smoker affects your health insurance more than drinking

so drinking saves you money, which you can spend on ensuring your good health (or just buying more booze)

1 person likes this

Drinking, basically for the reason that CPL said above me.

Drinking is safe in moderation, even over long terms...

Smoking, is not... Tar is forever...

Drink in moderation and you'll be fine.

I don't know.

I don't see too many instances where people die in car crashes because they were smoking.

It's always drinking.

I am mainly concerned when it comes to drugs to the shadowing of your mind and the perception of reality. Alcohol clouds it, while smokes do not (save addiction)

I voted smoking

Though they both suck, I'd rather the person next to me be drinking than smoking.

Second-hand smoke.

If the guy next to me is drinking, at least he's not forcing me to drink, too.

The guy next to me smoking is putting his smoke in my lungs. Fuck that guy.

Also, while alchohol can be abused, it isn't nearly as addictive as smoking. Case in point, you don't see people taking three drink breaks per day during work.

1 person likes this

Protip: Never go to urban China, even if you don't smoke, the amount of 2nd hand smoke means you do smoke.

Protip: Never go to rural China, you will get sick and die

Protip: don't go to China

1 person likes this

drunk driving can get you killed, but so can accidental fires caused by smoking!

okay maybe being drunk can lead to fires too. but if you're drunk and playing with your lighter you're probably also a smoker.

Drinking. You have to deal with second-hand smoking when near a smoker. If there is a drinker next to me, I am unaffected. When you drink a moderate amount and not often, at least it gets filtered through your kidneys. When you smoke, the tar stays in your lungs for a while.

I didn't vote. They're both bad.

it's like asking "what's better for you, water or food?"

Water. You need water more. You can go a few weeks without food, but only a few days to a week without water.

Sure, but eventually you'll die of starvation.

Though you can get all your minerals and vitamins in liquid form, like juices. But I'm not sure whether we count that as "water" or not.

Without protein you will die as your body will cease being able to make important stuff like basically everything your body is made of besides water, which happens to be protein.

Anyway if one drinks responsibly (this includes frequency and quantity as well as basic shit like "don't drink and drive") it is 100% safe and won't cause much in the way of lasting damage.

You can't really "smoke responsibly." Every cigarette you smoke reduces your lifespan by however much scientists say it does right now. And every cigarette causes a little bit of lasting damage that takes your body much longer to repair than it did for you to damage it.

Smoking. It's like comparing overeating to undereating. If you don't eat enough, you'll die quickly like drinking too much. If you eat too much, you're not going to be healthy but it'll kill you slower like smokes. Only difference is you can lose weight, you can't unsmoke.

Edited by Flairity

smoking hookah is relatively safe compared to cigarettes tho. though still bad if you do it too much.

Smoking ain't as dangerous as drinking, but know what ? They both suck. I ain't voting for anything. I'm for a happy and healthy lifestyle.

With me being a non-smoker and only taking a small pint of Jager now and then (well, when I get off my meds at least) without ever getting drunk, I can safely say smoking is the worst. Why? BECAUSE PEOPLE KEEP SMOKING AT ME AT IT PISSES ME OFF!

But yeah, people really are obnoxious when they start smoking around you sometimes. At least if they are drunk they can be funny to joke around with and you don't get smoke in your lungs, from second hand smoke... you get smoke in your lungs, no matter if you want it or not. And people seem to be really careless about it in general. Personally I think I might have some sort of minor breathing disorder or what not, because every time I get smoke in my lungs (like it doesn't even have to be much, like standing several feet away from a person smoking in another direction) I start coughing uncontrollably, and when some jackass lights up and smokes that shit INTO MY FUCKING FACE I do get a bit upset, especially when they don't even apologize or try to aim it somewhere else.

If you want to kill yourself with tobacco, use snus for crying out loud! GAAAAAH!

/rant/

I've lost my grandfather to lung cancer and a few other people on my mom's side because of alcoholism and smoking, so I can't agree with either one. I will say drinking (IN MODERATION) is safer, but smoking is just bad for you altogether. Nicotine is really addictive, tar is literally one of the worst things you can put in your body, and the damage you can do to yourself, your family, and your life isn't worth it. The number of packs you smoke each day add up, and the toll it takes on your financial life is horrible.

Don't smoke, kids.