Cha

Trapped inside an elevator

17 posts in this topic

Well the picture would indicate I'm looking from outside the elevator

That's the view from others, but you're inside.

Edited by Unlimitedcha

Try to not fart until I convince the hot chick next to me that we must populate our new, small world...

"We are the only ones left, I don't think there is much we can do bu---"

*Farts*

"Welp, there goes that..."

2 people like this

I've actually been trapped in an elevator once. I was on a job site with my dad and I was coming back up from his truck with some materials on a cart, and the elevator got stuck just above the second floor. I called my dad, and him and the general contractor came down and opened the doors with a crowbar.

I've actually been trapped in an elevator once. I was on a job site with my dad and I was coming back up from his truck with some materials on a cart, and the elevator got stuck just above the second floor. I called my dad, and him and the general contractor came down and opened the doors with a crowbar.

Did you later ask Gordon for his autograph?

1 person likes this

I loved elevators as a kid. Used to get on them any chance I got. Left to my own deviecs, I'd go all the way up, all the way down, then check every floor in between.

My first job was for Brodart, a company that bound, laminated, and distributed books to libraries. It was a six floor building. After a year or so in there, I got a job as a Linerunner, which was office jargon for odd-job guy. One of my jobs was to take over for the freight elevator operator during his breaks and lunch.

So yep, every day. All the way up, all the way down, then check every floor in between. for an our a day over three breaks, and occassionally on Saturday, since the regular operator wouldn't work overtime. Kinda became mundane by then. They also had one of those old pull-the-lever-to-make-it-go ones. We had to use that one whenever the regular one was beiung worked on. That added a new challenge to the elevator game, since you had to manually line up the elevator to the floor.

I still kinda like elevators. Would love to go up in one of those ones you see on the side of a skyscraper that is all glass so you can see outside as you ascend.

I even had a dream within the last year that I was in some fancy high-tech elevator that went a couple hundered floors, and went really fast if it had to cover a big span between stops. The whole dream was me playing in the elevator, hoping I didn't get caught by security.

If I were trapped in an elevator, I'd try to stay calm and not go insane.

Nope, going insane is always the answer.

1 person likes this