Royal Blue

The Fellow Traveler

124 posts in this topic

((This character I need to do a lot of rping in order to fanfic him. So...))

**Canterlot. June 3, 2010. 3:42pm**

After the hero finally made his final victory, the past 15 days were suddenly forgotten. Everypony woke up, those 15 days rewritten in thier dreams.

There is only one pony who's memory was completely erased and rewritten. And the hero was forever forgotten. is there any pony who remembers him?

Princess Celestia, working on some paper work and politics. She had to do her duties despite how much she hated them. Even immortal being have limits. Her stomach growled so she got up to get some food. As she passed the window, something happened. Something that will change the world. But she missed it.

An alicorn suddenly fell from the sky, through a ponyhole, and splashed in the water below.

I would be happy to help you with your story. First, I am assuming the hero is your character, yes? Second, if that is the case then what you need is a person who remembers. In that case I suggest either Delta or Stargazer. Your choice, though, as while you rp for your storyline, so do I so what happens with my OCs will actually happen in their timeline. Also, Delta is much more stoic and grim than Stargazer who has a slight humor and wit at times.

(there are 2 ponies who remember. One is dead and living in a void that this character created theirselves. The other...well...think about this. If something was rewritten in thier dreams, who will be the only pony awake? Just saying.))

It's like Doctor Who. But a tad different. No time traveling, yet, and a different back story.)

30 minutes after he hit the water that glowed green in random areas, he gained his composure. The alicorn shook violently to shake all of the water off. He expected at least some bruising. What had happened anyway?

A flash back. Or lack thereof. He only knew two things. He was called the Fellow Traveler, and he can't find his ship.

The Fellow Traveler stood up on his hind legs when he noticed the right one was broken, and he collapsed.

He slowly flew out of the sewer, back up through the ponyhole. He thought now, he would look better as a black Pegasus. He didn't notice that he was a black Pegasus.

He looked at his blue watch. By tapping the screen with his hoof, it showed a map of his surroundings. But, the water made it short circuit, and the watch buzzed out.

Who would be out at this time of night to aid him?

I tumbled out of the darkness unsteadily, had anypony seen it, they would've sworn that I had appeared out of nowhere, simply appearing from the shadows! Stumbling forward on three hooves, as I clutched my head in intense pain, I soon ran shoulder first into a light-post. The post resounded loudly in the silent streets, as it bent ever so slightly from the impact. Had any other pony collided with the black metal pole, it would've been them on the ground, but not I. The ache in my shoulder caused me to release my head and at that moment, I saw the black pegasus, silhouetted by the stars in the sky...

Images, sights, smells, sounds and tastes fluttered across my mind, causing me to blink my eyes rapidly and shake my head... What was that? Another sharp lance of pain shot through my head.

"Ohohoh...My head hasn't hurt this bad since Fredrika thought I was a mountain cat and hit me in the head with a rock..." I growled to myself, leaning against the light-post with my eyes closed.

((Overhearing that line would be a funny way to start this relationship...))

"Um...who's there?" he asked, hearing the loud noises. He limped forward toward the noise. Whoever he/she/it was, it was making a lot of racket. The Traveler slowly and painfully made his way closer.

Around the same time, Andy Meaner was lying on his back, unable to sleep. It felt like he should be doing something. Something...productive? But he had no talent whatsoever.

Now, his dreams were cool. He was always this pony that got all the cool gadgets and caused chaos for fun. But, in real life, he was unable to do what he dreamt of.

Some noise clattered outside and he rolled out of bed. Andy then peered out the window. To watch what the hullabaloo was all about.

((don't interfere with him. He'll tie in later))

Edited by Royal Blue

I groaned and looked up... Before me was a black pegasi stallion. Another quick flash appeared before my eyes, causing me to shake my head once more...

"Sorry, I've just got this awful headache..." I stated, before taking notice that the stallion's back, right leg was broken, "Goodness, how can you stand that? Let me take a look..." Without really waiting for his response, I approached his injured leg, "The name's Jack." I informed him passively, regarding the limb, "Well, you're lucky, its just a dislocation. I can reset it...if you're willing?"

I glanced up at him, awaiting his answer. Honestly, I hoped that he would accept. Just being near a pony in so much pain was taxing, trying to block it out...

He nodded at the strange pony that came from the shadows before contemplating that it was night, and the pony may not be able to see his head. "I will appreciate it, yes.

He touched his cheek to find it wet with some years. He was crying?

"Alright, this will hurt." I warned the stallion, but gave him no chance to respond. With one swift, but precise motion, I reset the dislocated joint, while mumbling "Corrigo." under my breath, hopefully low enough that the stallion wouldn't hear?

Suddenly and without warning, my magic fed back along the link and another, far more painful, lance of pain shot through my head, as even more vivid images crossed my mind. The next I knew, I was on my back, clutching my head...but it no longer hurt. Well, not so bad... At that moment, I looked up at the stallion and for the briefest moment, I thought I knew him...?

((Just a heads up, Currigo means 'mend' or 'recover'. Basically, in trying to fix your dislocated leg, he wasn't specific in his use of magic and he accidentally (started) to fix his memory loss. It should have the same effect on you, to what extent, I'll let you decide...))

(just know, only his eyes can be recognized. His form changes too much)

Pain shot up his leg when the pony fixed it. But the pain passed, and he was quickly back to normal.

He then had a flashback. Falling. Falling down a huge, rocky cliff. But that was just a dream. Falling. Falling. Falling.

He turned to the other pony to thanks him to see him release his head. "What hit your skull?" The Traveler asked. "I have some medication back in my ship...if I can ever find it"

"Huh, What?" I remarked, rolling myself over and back onto my hooves, "Oh, you overheard that, eh?" I then shook my head softly, "No, that was a long time ago... Truth be told, I don't know where this headache came from?" I looked deeply into his eyes, for a long, slightly awkward moment, "You look familiar...? What was your name again?"

The pony looked to his side to see the poorly lit Canterlot streets. All of this looked familiar, but he couldn't remember where. A dream perhaps? He remembers dreaming of a wedding and Chrysalis. And the changelings. A nightmare. He looked back at this said Jack and blinked twice. "Wait...I remember you. But...you lost a few features." he said. He then looked over to see two twin doors on a house. "You helped me, Jack, may I return the favor?"

((OOC: Just to let you know, you can't give Jack his wings and horn back. They are in Discord's possession...Sort of...))

Jack stopped to try and remember the stallion once more, being almost two long-counts old, memory had become a fickle thing indeed...

"Wait...I remember you. But...you lost a few features." The traveler announced.

The black pegasus looked aside just in time to miss Jack recoil a step back. Few knew Jack, as he kept to himself since the fall of Everfree, but even more frightening was this lad's declaration that he knew Jack...Before. No pegasus could live that long, none. Something was wrong here, terribly wrong...

"You helped me, Jack, may I return the favor?" He said, turning back to the much larger stallion before him, only to receive both hooves to the chest.

"Who are you and how do you know me?" I bellowed at the stallion I now stood over, after he had flipped onto his back, "No pegasi lives that long, what are you!?"

I stood over him, my nostrils flaring from my raised voice - in hindsight far louder than I should've been - and my eyes drilling into him. I made no move to harm him, but there was a flicker in my eyes, warning him not to try and deceive me. I needed answers, I was so close to defeating Discord once and for all, I would not allow one of his minions to trick me at this late point in the game!

"I'm...not a Pegasus....I don't think...I though I was a unicorn. Or was that the dream. Or is this the dream?" he rambled before answering the question. "I don't know who I am. All I know is that that's my ship over there and it can travel anywhere I want."

The words "I'll be back" whispered through his memory

"last thing I remember is falling to my death in a canyon. I have no idea how I'm here or who I am. Now...I wanted to return the favor. That machine can travel anywhere... Hint hint"

I glared at him impatiently as he rambled. He certainly looked like a pegasi, but I knew that looks could be deceiving. Then it slowly dawned on me...could he? Could he too...?

"The last thing I remember is falling to my death in a canyon..." My angered, frightened and impatient expression melted all at once , giving way to a loose jawed look of shock.

He is...

At that moment I was both thrilled and saddened. I brought my jaw back to its normal resting position and took a step back from him.

"I am sorry." I said quietly, letting a tear fall from my face, "I am so, so sorry." I could tell that he was about to speak, and I knew that if he did, I would've listened to him and I could not, "This path is your own. You will never see me again..."

Without so much as a word, I turned and fled into the darkness, disappearing completely. It was as if I had never been there at all. No one besides the Fellow Traveler would ever have known I was there...save one very lucky pony. It was as this fact dawned on the apparent, black pegasus that a chorus of timber-wolves cried out far in the distance. However, rather than being eerie, or even frightening, they sounded sad...so very sad. It was then that he knew, somehow, inexplicably, instinctively, that the words that Jack had spoken could not have been further from the truth...

(so, you know who he is?)

The Traveler unlocked the door in the eerie silence. He stared at the wall for a moment before going to the controls. A clicky pen shot out from a slot and he grasped it in his magic. He then typed his password and took the controls. The coordinates shifted at the last minute, and Traveler was thrown to the ground. The RITALIS began flying itself!

He tried to get back to the controls unsuccessfully.

The ship landed and he nervously opened the door

The Traveler looked out on the city. Manehatten. He trotted out, shutting the door behind him and locking it. Why did the RITALIS take him here?

Again, he failed to notice that the pony form he thought of became him. He was now a blue pony with yellow scruffy mane.

He looked back and forth. That's when he noticed the oddity. The streets were deserted. The only thing that didn't seem right besides that was the ponyhole cover with no lid.

A lot like the one he fell into...

"Hello?" he called out as his voice echoed off the baren walls.

Having no answer, he cautiously tiptoed down the streets. But he had no toes, so he just trotted. He looked around for any sign of life. Maybe they all died in a--

"Psssst!" Traveler turned his head the the voice. "In here!" a hoof poked out of a door and waved him in. He ran to the door, but didn't enter.

"What's going on?"

"A monster is on the lose. Hide"

"This looks like a job for a Traveler." He ran away from the door.

It was getting dark. Luna was about to begin her reign... Luna. That name sounds familiar. More than a princess.

It was soon pitch black. Traveler searched for the "beast", but he didn't have to. It found him. He looked up into two beady eyes, glowing yellow. Teeth gleaming in the moonlight. It's claw struck him, knocking him over.

Oh. I see