Cinnamon Groove

Central Pennsylvania Bronies?

12 posts in this topic

I know you're out there!

I got currently three brohoofs to prove it!

All within 50 miles of my house.

All in places that weren't conventions.

So anyways, I'm from Williamsport. Any bronies from 'round these parts?

Well, I'm not too far south of you CG, I'm just north of Baw'mor. I mean, if I had a full tank of gas in the buick and I knew how to get to you, I could probably drive up and back to your place for a day, but I don't know what we would do. Maybe go to Pennsic when it's going on. Who knows?

I'm rounding up all the bronies in my area atm as well. I've gotten a fair number of brohoofs and I've actually made a couple of brony friends. I wanna see if I could start a little group in my school/town.

I know you're out there!

I got currently three brohoofs to prove it!

All within 50 miles of my house.

All in places that weren't conventions.

So anyways, I'm from Williamsport. Any bronies from 'round these parts?

Only if you're willing to go about 2 hours southwest on 220.I'm in Altoona, which is basically connected to williamsport by 220, according to google. I do have a question for you though...

There is a town west of you that they seriously named Jersey Shore?

Yeah. I grew up near Oval (rural) so I went to school in Jersey Shore. It isn't named after the show, though. It's been Jersey Shore since probly the 17-1800's. There is some bit of history linked to the name, but I forget what.

Edit: I looked it up. This from Wikipedia.

Jersey Shore was originally named Waynesburg by the two brothers, Reuben and Jeremiah Manning, who laid out the town circa 1785.[3] Around the time that this was happening, a settlement arose on the eastern side of the West Branch Susquehanna River (Nippenose Township), opposite Waynesburg. A rivalry developed between the two settlements, and those on the eastern shore began referring to the settlement on the western shore as the "Jersey Shore," because the Manning family had relocated from New Jersey. The nickname became so fixed that in 1826 the original name of Waynesburg was officially abandoned and changed to Jersey Shore.

Sounds cool, but it's too far for me on short notice, being over 100 miles.

Carlislie is near Harrisburg. While that isn't a ridiculous distance, the event is only two days away, and I have my day planned already.

Might be more flexible in the future, but we only have older vehicles, and I'm paranoid about going that far with them most of the time.

Still the closest event I've seen to my town.

Maybe in a year or two, when we can get bills payed down enough to get a newer car.

mhm im currently in Reading Pa i hate it here ... to much city ... i don't even know if there is anyone out there in my city well ect for the albright collage theres a few bronys in there but im not in collage or out of school yet .... 

Boop o-o, I'm in Hollidaysburg, next to Altoona. I've been to Williamsport when I tried out for college there.

To Think, I replied to this because it was on the top of the list of the forums. It was started in 2012 :P. This thread is long since dead.