CritFreak

OLDSCHOOL GAMES

71 posts in this topic

what good old games you know and played like in my opinion best old school games was caselvania bought parts on gba and final fantasy 4 on gba :D

what good old games you know and played like in my opinion best old school games was caselvania bought parts on gba and final fantasy 4 on gba :D

So many good ones hmm..

Well for one the Older zelda games were a lot of fun.

I have been playing doom 2 recently, it's pretty fun for such an old game. I have made a 26 level megawad for it, plus there is so much custom content on the internet now that there is a lot of custom gamemodes as well as total conversions.

Castlevania was my favorite on the GBA! Great game. The best ones are circle of the moon and whichever one with soma cruz is. Another absolute gem for the GBA is warioland 4 and warioware series, amazing games IMO.

Batman Returns and James bond Jr on the NES were friggin boss back in the day. Was very hard for me at the time too.

Not to mention they had one awsome soundtrack associated with the game

1 person likes this

My favorite oldschool games are sidescrollers and RPGs since those were what I played most on PC and consoles.

Commander Keen

Duke Nukem

Jill of the Jungle

Doom

Chrono Trigger

Secret of Mana

Phantasy Star

Some of my favorite oldschool games were actually SegaCD games. Lunar: The Silver Star and Eternal Blue, Dracula: Unleashed, Thunderstrike, and all of those cheesy cutscene games like slumber party and robot Dad. LOL

My family was weird and got a bunch of SEGA stuff when I was a kid, so I'm a big Sonic fan. Especially the Genesis ones. I played the hell out of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, too.

My family was weird and got a bunch of SEGA stuff when I was a kid, so I'm a big Sonic fan. Especially the Genesis ones. I played the hell out of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, too.

Weird? You mean awesome! I've had a Sega Mega Drive (Genesis), I loved all the sonic titles... Well maybe except sonic 3D. Ristar is a good game too. Back then, Sega games were so much pure fun!

Let's see...

Fallouts 1 and 2, Thief 1-3, Mechwarrior, Quake, and Earthbound. Those are the games that come immediately to mind.

Taking a small step into the future, Jet Grind Radio and Powerstone.

street fighter 2 final fight Mario all stars final fantasies 1-10

populous U.F.O enemy unknown wonderboy in monster land

Tough question. The game that comes into my mind is Unreal Tournament 99/GOTY. Unreal Tournament is maybe one of the best arena games ever to be made. I'm not a big fan of Quake. And I grew up with UT, making it hard for TF2 to earn a spot in my heart.

Oh, I LOVE Tiny Tank. Great game. Shame it flew under the radar. Had great humor, and an AWESOME soundtrack. Those who did get Tiny Tank loved it, though the critics didn't. And since I'm on PSX games, the Crash Bandicoot games. Some of the greatest games of the PSX generation.

Sadly, I didn't have a NES or SNES growing up, so I don't know much about the games for those systems, except for one of the DK games.

Kirby's Dreamland 2 (Game Boy) is another game I love.

Star Fox 64 and LoZ: OoT are the only two games I have for my 64. And they're both great. I know, I only have two games, but oh well.

Killer Instinct

Tekken

Primal Rage

Streets of Rage

Double Dragon

Samurai Showdown

King of Fighters

Metal Slug

Duck Hunt

Space Invaders

Sonic The Hedgehog

DarkStalkers

Fatal Fury

The Simpsons: The Arcade Game

X-Men

NFL Blitz

Gauntlet Legends

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time

Battletoads

Earthworm Jim

I know there's a game I'm forgetting, it had a purple dude and a skinny dude, had something to do with corny rap music. *shrugs* It will come to me.

Well,I love the Serious Sam games, And I dont know if they are old school or not, but I know they are good.

Edited by Fox

Some of my favorite old School games.. Pretty much all of the Megaman series! Grew up playing them to death! Same with the Street Fighters ( 2, Alpha, 3)Heck just about ANYTHING Capcom I played when I was litle and loved it! (..Kinda the deal today too)

Castlevania's always an absolute blast too. Oh! And Cannot forget about Sparkster the Rocket Knight on the SNES! =)

I grew up on almost nothing but Sonic and still enjoy the series today, eventhogh the recent games have been... lacing. other than that I mostly played N64 games like Duke Nukem 64 and Mariokart 64. I also played alot of Play station gamws like Silent Hill and Resident Evil.

Total Sonic fan here. I love the old games, but a little sad about the recent ones. Still, I'm confident Sega will get their act together.

The next Sonic game actually looks pretty promising. <----------*Sonic fan mantra.*

Edited by Rainbro Dash

Spyro the Dragon

The first three were so awesome, I'll never forget how awesome they were. I was sad when Insomniac sold the rights to another studio so they could make Ratchet and Clank. Not that R&C was bad, in fact it was also awesome, but Spyro went downhill after the third game.

I didn't really get into gaming until around the halfway through the PS1's lifespan. That given, I'd have to say my favorite older games would have to be Gex and Crash Bandicoot. After those games I fell out of games again until the PS2 era starting with Jak & Daxter. The storytelling combined with the stunning graphics that the ps2 was able to generate blew my mind. After that, games really just became my life.

King's Quest VI

Kirby's Superstar

Neverwinter Nights

Hexen

Just a smal sample of some of the great classics I still play time and time again.

Kirby's Superstar was freaking awesome! Didn't a remake come out on the DS?

Yeah I think it was renamed Kirby: Ultra SuperStar. =p

I had a Sega Genesis growing up. Sonic is obligatory. But, Gunstar Heroes is definitely my favorite. I don't own Bio-Hazard Battle, but I wish I did (played it on an emulator). It has awesome music and artwork.

I love my PSX/PS2. FFVII and FFVIII are great. Crash Bandicoot is great. I have RE1-3 (and 4 on PS2) and Silent Hill 1 (and 2 and 3 on PS2). RE3 is my favorite RE, despite its clunky controls. I love the ruined city atmosphere, walking down alleys and searching through hallways lined with broken/locked doors. And, Silent Hill 2--OMG--Silent Hill 2. I only played the demo for Spyro the Dragon, unfortunately. I will play it, though, mark my words!

Oh, I LOVE Tiny Tank.

TINY TANK! I was in Circuit City on a family trip, thumbing through a shelf of discounted PSX games. I liked the picture on the front, so I bought the game. It has been my only good spur-of-the-moment purchase of any kind going on 12ish years. I swear, I memorized every cutscene in that game. I even have "Up Your Arsenal" from the game in my music library. The Frozen Lake is my only real complaint about it.

And, ditto on UT99. I didn't play it online, but I played countless battles aginst bots. TF2 needs a gun that shoots sawblades. Also, Diablo II (secret cow level ftw).

And, I didn't even mention Homeworld, Warcraft 2, or AoE2! Well, now I did.

Edited by Ejak2021

Chrono Trigger is pretty much the best game in the history of anything. Recently started playing through it again. X3