D0C

The Discord Games

91 posts in this topic

((That's the first riddle I ever came up with, I'm quite proud of it))

Edited by Disc0rd

The poet of sadness escaped his own home and observed the madness unfold.

He then noticed something of the oddest type: An alicorn, not at all unlike the princesses, shouting to the skies, cursing a name he did not know.

He approached the new-born Godess, curious of her likes, but was abruptly stopped when a wall of immense appeared before him.

"Ah ah ah. Where do you think you're going, Eddie ol' pal?"

Teased a voice.

"I haven't seen you since my first reign! Would it not be rude for you to run in such a hurry? After all, you were a soldier against my ranks..."

The mismatch suddenly appeared before the rhymer, standing erect in his full, cahotic glory.

"Remember your old pal Discord?"

----

His chuckle rang throughout the Mother's ears, but she ignored it.

"Yesterday indeed, my dear. But what does yesterday mean here?"

Her daughters, in chains, appeared before her; He chuckled once more.

"You are both in the reign

of the nOw and then,

The alWays that camE

And the foreVer tHAt went,

PaSt, fuTuRe and pResent

ArE you reaDy to coMply to yOur rulEs of endaRement?"

And before her He stood, but not He of the now,

Indeed it was He, but from the past somehow.

The long, slender body of the past mismatch slendered around her, and she was afraid.

Indeed, He had reigned for longer then, He had more power than now or when.

His coat was darker, his mane was of spikes and his serpent body bent of sharp angles rather than curves.

"I hAvE AskED FoR mY hELp, FOr I wAS ToO wEaK TO FigHT oN mY Own."

Chaos chuckled much more darkly than himself.

"YoU haVE AlSo ChANged, I seE."

He put a claw below her chin, and smiled devishly at her. His eyes... they were.... entrancing....

She quickly realised what he was doing and pulled away from his sorcery. He chuckled once more, and flew away.

"ThEre Is OnE mOrE yOu ArE yeT tO meEt..."

He dissipated into the scenery, leaving the Mother alone with her thoughts.

"I am seen in the water

If seen in the sky,

I am in the rainbow,

A jay's feather,

And lapis lazuli."

Pencil awoke to the scene of destruction behind him. What just happened? Where did Frank go? What's going on?

"Alright... what happens now then?..."

Pencil muttered to himself, looking around for a sign

Suddenly, as the criminal sought,

change had happened, though not as he thought.

The murderer suddenly found himself on the deck of a ship sailing, a ghost amongst the passangers, and he understood it was a memory. Amongst them, the mismatch was another ghost, dressed in admiral's garbs, He smiled slyly.

"Lighter than what

I am made of,

More of me is hidden

Than is seen."

With that, the spirit dissapeared, chuckling away.

What did Rainbow Dash have to do with this situation? Had it something to do with her misadventure in the Everfree forest that ironically brought herself back to life?

How did he know of her daughters when they themselves do not know? The first time she saw Celestia after dying 1500 years before, she tried to tell her, but she didn't believe.

"Why do you speak in riddles? And what does Rainbow Dash have to do with me being here?" She was frightened but his if well. She never saw this version of Discord.

Or did she?

Scott. The human in training. She was told of his demise when she was shot by Blizzard. After healing the wounded, he yelled at the sky. Darkness came out of him, screaming like insects as light poured into him, ultimately incinerating him.

Was that Discord?

She stared at her daughters in chains. Odd how he didn't capture her sister as well.

Pencil Doodle was a little bit perplexed.What did it mean?

"Lighter than what

I am made of,

More of me is hidden

Than is seen."

Lightness... Air? Hidden... Death? He looked around his location for hints, he was on a ship... a ship on the ocean... Ocean... Hidden... Death... Could it be?

"Iceberg..."

Pencil claimed, a tad unsure about himself

Pencil Doodle was a little bit perplexed.What did it mean?

"Lighter than what

I am made of,

More of me is hidden

Than is seen."

Lightness... Air? Hidden... Death? He looked around his location for hints, he was on a ship... a ship on the ocean... Ocean... Hidden... Death... Could it be?

"Iceberg..."

Pencil claimed, a tad unsure about himself

(It's blue, not rainbow dash, and what else is blue that you have power over?)

As the criminal spike his answer, the horns sounded and ghosts panicked around him.

A mountain of ice, sailing through the water, was headed straight for them, and only then did he see the ship's name: Titanic.

Pencil began to hyperventilate; he was on the freakin' Titanic!

As much as he'd always wanted to be a part of history; he was hoping for something a little less... 'epic'...

He began to rush around the deck; looking for a figure of authority and occasionally trying to help any children he came across, but to no avail, being a 'ghost'. But why is he here? What does Discord have in mind for him? What sadist puzzle must he solve now?

Edited by Pencil Doodle®

(just sky. I was thinking blue, but the feather part made me think of RD. she's blue. And with feathers)

(she's only controller of the sky. Well. And one of the Elements of Light, but thats unimportant ATM)

Edited by Royal Blue

OOc; not too sound hasty but there is a pony waiting behind a wall, and with no riddle at that :cry:

Discord, how about a Challenge?

Might you like a new foe,

but one that you should already know?

One who holds no love for your riddle or rhyme,

yet has been opposed to you since the beginning of time?

So enters Jack, an earthbound pony it seems,

bit in his eye, nothing but loathing for you does gleam...

Then you remember, those thousand years before,

and his visage of wings and horn that he did adore!

Before you set stands, the first King of Everfree,

the original alicorn, the only pony never to bow to thee...

TL;DR version of their history...

Jack was once the king of Everfree, ruler of all Equestria. That was before the two of you fought. He lost his wings and horn trying to defeat you, only to imprison you in a physical form. Nevertheless, he failed and you killed him. However, thanks to his magic-oath, which forces him to oppose you, just as the moon chases the sun, he cannot die...rather, he cannot remain dead.

He is old and very wise, knows secrets long since lost to ponydom. An exile in his own lands, Celestia no longer recognizes that he ever existed and Luna is in no place to oppose her. It all works out in the end, for his one greatest fear is that the ponies of Equestria would learn of what he is and fear him, repulsed at the very idea of what he has become...

If you want the full Fanon-version of his history, follow the link below and read "The Fall."

((Oh, but Jack, we've met before. I was known as the Doctor™ back then. I'll include you as soon as someone else fails.))

*Ahem*

At the wall of madness, A poet there stood,

Warrior of the mighty pen he tried as he could

To understand the insane whole before his eyes

But never quite could, it was too hard to try.

"Hmhmhmhmmm. Like it?"

Asked the mismatch, stroking the impossible form like a brand new cart.

"This is my favourite little jewels. It's the Madness."

He explained, as He flew over the soldier's head, whispering in his ear.

"It is all that does not make sense, in one neat little package. It is past, present and future; it is a whole with no wholee; it is a square with five angles, etc."

He chuckled.

"Don't look at it too long now, or you'll lose your mind."

At the warning, the poet slowly turned to the Chaos, curious to what purpose the object was there.

"You see, it isn't all chaos."

Explained the creature, sitting on the wall.

"All chaos requires a bit of order, least it is lost within itself. So, here's the deal."

He jumped down the wall and pointed at it.

"All you must do is find that order within it, and you're free to go over the wall. Deal?"

Suddenly the walls sorrounded him, and the mismatch dissapeared with a laugh.

"Not that you have a choice."

----

He apPeaRed bEFoRe the criMiNaL, the OlD cHaOs dId.

THe mUrDeR-coLt mUSt HaVe nOtICeD the difFerEnCe, for hIs feAtuReS WeRe tWIsTed.

"Who are you?" he aSKeD, cUrIouS aNd cAuTiOus,

"I'm tHe ChAoS, thE maDnEsS, aLl tHAt soRrOUnDs yOu."

The criminal was quite surprised when the mismatch returned; the events he proclaimed didn't happened, but he remembered them as true. Obviously, this creature was far more powerful than the other Discord, and decided he'd best be ready for anything.

Before he could ask any questions, He dropped a mare alongside him, and, to his surprise, he saw it was his love. But something was wrong.

She was broken and defeated, much like his compatriot was, and her coat was a similar shade of grey. Suddenly, the illusion dissapeared, and the Mother stared back at him just as surprised.

"You have witnessed what is to come, your punishment for fail;

Your lover tainted, your sister's bone gone stale.

I suggest you find a way to escape the bluest of blues,

Before you is ice, the only end to this cruise.

But before you die of mentioned fate,

A clue is required to seal the date."

He dissapeared with a laugh of pure darkness.

"What happens when you throw a yellow rock into a purple stream?"

The vision of his loved one out Pencil to his edge. He began to mutter to himself

"T-T-Twi..."

He felt like this 'game' was starting to get to him; the weaknesses he tried ever so hard to hide have not only been discovered, but also exploited.

Then, the riddle... Yellow stone? Purple river? These just get more and more metaphorical as they come...

With stress and worry clouding his mind, Pencil could only blurt what he thought was the answer

"I-i don't know. The stone would sink in the river, become hidden by the dark liquid..."

"Well this is new" Post said with a grin

He did his best to look at the wall but, if he looked for more then a few secs it gave him a headach

"How can i find the order if i can't look at it" he said with a annoyed tone

"Wait, Chaos is all in the eyes of the beholder, one pony's chaos is another pony's order. I am a Child of Chaos!" Edgar say with a grin

Post closes his eyes and faces the wall, not hard since it was around him

"If my plan works works I'm safe, if not one of three thing will happen. One, if this is a dream and I die, i wake up. If this is some twisted version of real life and I die, I die simple as that, i have nothing to live for and the only reason i am still alive is for my drink, wich there seems not to be any around. Three, I don't die and get traped in some Chaosey area to go crazy, for the second time" Post say with sigh

"You hear me Creature!, I won't play your games"Pst shouts at the sky

"Annibell, I will be with you soon" Post say shedding a tear.

Post closes his eyes and runs at the wall, He jump at it.

((shoot. We have a paradox on our hooves. Frank's wife and Blue's sister is Twi. But Pencil loves Twi. Hmm...))

((and. Um. What do I do?))

((Ask Discord to RP Discorded-Frank and...you know, screw with Pencil. While having Blue, try to help him. That would really be chaotic!...and I'm sure that Discord with be amicable with that!

Am I right, my chaotic polar-opposite? ))

((You do realise "Mother" is Royal Blue, yes? So, you should be helping Pencil right about now. Besides, as my evil, past counterpart explained, time means nothing in the reign of mine. Pencil and Frank could have perfectly well have been taken at two different outbreaks. But yes, I would enjoy the Chaos.))

((I saw Mother, but all she was doing was watching))

When Twilight was put onto the table in her grey color, Blue thought Discord was talking to her. At first glance, the pony almost looked like Midnight, her late sister. But midnight had a darker shade of grey.

"I think you're right Pencil" she told him. Then she wondered just how "intelligent the creature of chaos is.

She said her own riddle.

No one has known me

And lived to tell the tale

I resemble victory

And also when you fail

I am the most feared

Truth and lies bow to me

Love is in my beard

I'm which you cannot flee