Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt1546

Ban Request for Spoilers

18 posts in this topic

Someone in the San Hose, California Tf2 Server around 2:00 P:M Est Posted Spoilers for S3 Ep 5 of MLP. I request for an admin to check the chat logs and ban whoever mentioned the spoilers.

Many thanks,

Matt1546

*snrk* Seriously?

I checked the MOTD, pretty sure pony spoilers isn't against the rules, bro.

Besides, you're going to have to be a bit more precise with your accusations if you want the mod team to look into anything. Names, Steam IDs, an actual time, etc.

4 people like this

I don't believe that is a bannable offense. Granted, it is a really douchey thing to do.

In general thought do give us more specific info. We need names, or preferably a Steam ID. If he does this every week, we might have a talk with him for general disruption. Otherwise, not really something we can do.

But you do have numerous options. Namely, Don't listen to people like that. Take off your headset, or turn off your sound. Or set them on ignore, barring everything else.

It was his sled.

But yeah, without more specific information, there's not much we can do. Even then, a stern warning is probably the most any mod would give. Maybe a kick if caught in the act. Spoilers are annoying but not really serious, as it's pretty easy to ignore the text in TF2.

3 people like this

Especially since it would be easy for someone to give spoilers by accident, I'd think...

I might like to talk about an episode on a server after it came out, so it's not beyond reason.

This is not against the rules. I tend to avoid the pony servers until I watch the episode to avoid spoilers. Sorry but we can't go banning people left and right just for talking about the new episode, that's not fair.

1 person likes this

i think it's ridiculous to even consider doing that. i mean say you complained about this a week after the episode was release. by then it should be everyone on the internet and shouldn't take long at all to find via youtube search or a google search.

avoid the servers or use voice_enable 0 if you want to avoid spoilers is what i recommend

Wait, you're saying that not only have you not watched an episode that's been out for over a week yet, but you also want the admins to pull a dick move against someone you didn't give any information about for something that isn't even against the rules?

mlfw5610_large.png

Edited by Daringineer

I was watching the new MLP episode and someone in the comments section posted spoilers for the MVM storyline of TF2. I request an admin to ban the hell out of the offender.